Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: <Williams-Phillips & Arreola-Walker> Double Header!! Let's talk...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default <Williams-Phillips & Arreola-Walker> Double Header!! Let's talk...

Gonna put this one up for the weekend fights.

I got Williams late TKO and Arreola inside of 4 rds.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <Williams-Phillips & Arreola-Walker> Double Header!! Let's talk...

This one's a bit of a nice fight for Paul Williams for his first challenge at this weight, though not sure if he's got it in him to KO Phillips, maybe a wide points one this for me.

As for the others, can't say i know much about either of them, but judging on boxrec, it looks like I'd maybe bounce it the other way towards Walker, but I really would be throwing a guess as I know little about either of these guys.

Interesting fight in the UK on Friday night too, with Paul Appleby in for a tough workout against Esham Pickering for the British featherweight title, himself comebacking from losing his british title narrowly to Matthew Marsh at super bantam.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams late stoppage or else wide points margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: <Williams-Phillips & Arreola-Walker> Double Header!! Let's talk...

Williams by going the long route on points in this one..

Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams in 10/11, Arreola inside 5
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say Williams walks on water in this one.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Paul Williams to win a decision over Verno Phillips and Chris Arreola to knock out Walker within 6.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope I am very wrong,like when I picked Manfredo to win over Bika .......But I think Williams is going to really do a number on respectable Phillips,Too big,too fast,too long and finding a stride....but I pray for left hooks from a dark alley for Phillips.

Arreola better get his soggy self in shape,make the most of the exposure and focus.Walker is no bum and may have some boxing susscess early but Arreola is like a run away brinks armored truck and should catch Walker ala Chazz style ??
    Last edited by Spicoli; 11-27-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    This one's a bit of a nice fight for Paul Williams for his first challenge at this weight, though not sure if he's got it in him to KO Phillips, maybe a wide points one this for me.

As for the others, can't say i know much about either of them, but judging on boxrec, it looks like I'd maybe bounce it the other way towards Walker, but I really would be throwing a guess as I know little about either of these guys.

Interesting fight in the UK on Friday night too, with Paul Appleby in for a tough workout against Esham Pickering for the British featherweight title, himself comebacking from losing his british title narrowly to Matthew Marsh at super bantam.
    Rhun,
    Fella where the fook you been at mate?
    Been everywhere looking for you.
    Was at Bristol, Birmingham, Liveporl, London and even stopped by Everton no sign of you anywhere...

All kidding aside fella, miss having you around here and your British Rd. by Rd. were great stuff always enjoyed the chat and banter.
    Would have loved to read your take on Monte Barretts ring entrance as it happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Hope I am very wrong,like when I picked Manfredo to win over Bika .......But I think Williams is going to really do a number on respectable Phillips,Too big,too fast,too long and finding a stride....but I pray for left hooks from a dark alley for Phillips.

Arreola better get his soggy self in shape,make the most of the exposure and focus.Williams is no bum and may have some boxing susscess early but Arreola is like a run away brinks armored truck and should catch Williams ala Chazz style ??

Arreola is very much the kind of guy you expect to dominate against these types of fighters through sheer power but you just know when the bigger boys come knocking his gonna have to settle for second best.

Williams on the other hand isnt given half the credibility he is due and will take verno to the cleaners saturday night!

PW will unify the 154 pound division and become one of the hottest propertys in boxing within the next 2-3 years!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams on points. Arreola by stoppage

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams by late stoppage.

Arreola by mid-round stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Phillips is not a walk through win for Williams. I think Verno really beleives he will win and he is no stranger to being a underdog in a title fight. Williams defence is not great and though Verno is not a huge puncher he is a sneaky one and he is strong.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola in at 254....will be more by tomorrow night?Questions to be answered, the day he gets caught and has to fight backing up/Stamina through rounds,could be a nightmare indeed.Sad shape.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can see the much taller Williams having a field day. Picking his punches and Phillips will be done around round 8.

Arreola was in bad shape last time - weight wise and if he turns up the same or worse then he will lose.

Walkers loss to the powerful TJ Wilson was an upset and basically a premature stoppage - the shot really made Walkers head slump but as the ref stopped it you could see he was fine - he avenged the loss in similar fashion.

He moves well for a Heavyweight and looks in Great shape and has power - could be a bad night for Arreola.

Thread Information