Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 6' 9'' Tyson Fury turns pro!!

6 foot 9 inch Tyson Fury(aged 20, and 18 stone)turned pro yesterday after signing up with boxing promotor Mick Hennessy!Hennessy said that Tyson Fury is the next Lennox Lewis of the british heavyweights and he also mentioned that Fury could well fight as early as Saturday night on the undercard of Carl Froch vs Pascal fight!!Sound really good
    Last edited by yvonne; 12-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: 6' 9'' Tyson Fury turns pro!!

We'll just have to wait and see what Fury does so far he's a lot like David Haye, I've heard a whole bunch of hype but have yet to see much of anything. It's good there is a youngster with that much buzz around him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see what Fury does so far he's a lot like David Haye, I've heard a whole bunch of hype but have yet to see much of anything. It's good there is a youngster with that much buzz around him though.

If all goes well and Fury gets the green light from his boxing medical and registration before satuday then Tyson Fury will have his first pro debut on Froch's undercard on saturday night!We'll soon find out.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not as concerned about just one fight... I want to know how he does for 10 fights, 20 fights, a couple years in the sport etc. before I pass judgement on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not as concerned about just one fight... I want to know how he does for 10 fights, 20 fights, a couple years in the sport etc. before I pass judgement on him.

Aye,true!It'll be good to see his foundations of his natural style and power as well as ability come saturday if or when he fights!He looks rangey(has long arms)He should do well in all!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

Aye,true!It'll be good to see his foundations of his natural style and power as well as ability come saturday if or when he fights!He looks rangey(has long arms)He should do well in all!
    Just hope he doesn't get roped into the british heavyweight merry-go round, although he's probably in better hands than in the Warren camp at the moment. IF he fights on Saturday, I hope he gets some of the coverage on ITV4, be good to see him even if he is just blasting out some journeyman.
    Last edited by superheavyrhun; 12-04-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: wrong day mentioned

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has got Lee Swaby.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    He has got Lee Swaby.
    Lee Swaby for a pro debut? That's a pretty ambitious first fight even if Swaby is a former cruiserweight.

He's awkward enough and tough enough to give a new young kid problems over 4 or 6 rounds.

They must rate Fury pretty highly if they think he can turn pro this week and at no notice just turn up and knock Swaby out on Saturday.

Will watch with interest.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post

Just hope he doesn't get roped into the british heavyweight merry-go round, although he's probably in better hands than in the Warren camp at the moment. IF he fights on Saturday, I hope he gets some of the coverage on ITV4, be good to see him even if he is just blasting out some journeyman.

I hope to God that by the time Fury gets to the top of the domestic scene that the current merry go round has been packed up and retired.

How old would Skelton, Williams, Harrison et al be by then?

I have a feeling that Audley will still be on his latest last chance saloon comeback fight for greatness though.........

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I hope to God that by the time Fury gets to the top of the domestic scene that the current merry go round has been packed up and retired.

How old would Skelton, Williams, Harrison et al be by then?

I have a feeling that Audley will still be on his latest last chance saloon comeback fight for greatness though.........
    Sorry Bilbo....you know there's gonna be a group of Warren heavies fighting each other for minor british and commonwealth belts until Warren's put in a nursing home, he'll just replace each one as they retire with another protected fighter. As for Audley, he'll blatantly cite the case of George Foreman .... "Well he was 46 winning the heavyweight title, so at 44, I'm still a baby of the game".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6 foot 9 inch Tyson Fury(aged 20, and 18 stone)turned pro yesterday after signing up with boxing promotor Mick Hennessy!Hennessy said that Tyson Fury is the next Lennox Lewis of the british heavyweights and he also mentioned that Fury could well fight as early as Saturday night on the undercard of Carl Froch vs Pascal fight!!Sound really good

To claim mhe is the next Lennox Lewis is bold...also one that can hurt a young fighters psyche....A lot of expectations to live up to especially for such a young guy
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    He has got Lee Swaby.
    Lee Swaby for a pro debut? That's a pretty ambitious first fight even if Swaby is a former cruiserweight.

He's awkward enough and tough enough to give a new young kid problems over 4 or 6 rounds.

They must rate Fury pretty highly if they think he can turn pro this week and at no notice just turn up and knock Swaby out on Saturday.

Will watch with interest.
    He has got Lee Swaby.

Aye Swaby is tough as old boots and very dangerous especially in the early rounds.He likes to fight thats for sure.Fury will have to keep his concentration up and if he just uses his long reach advantage and box Swaby then he should be fine!!Im really looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what happened with Lee Swaby, but Tyson was the first fight on the TV on ITV4 for the Froch undercard and looked very good. Some very strong shots and finished with a very hard shot to the body, of his Hungarian opponent Bela Gyuoguosi. Not the toughest introduction, but very impressive from the big guy.

Tyson says: "I got a few jabs going and that, and realised he was a bit weak. I'm glad I was able to box on this wonderful bill."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what happened with Lee Swaby, but Tyson was the first fight on the TV on ITV4 for the Froch undercard and looked very good. Some very strong shots and finished with a very hard shot to the body, of his Hungarian opponent Bela Gyuoguosi. Not the toughest introduction, but very impressive from the big guy.

Tyson says: "I got a few jabs going and that, and realised he was a bit weak. I'm glad I was able to box on this wonderful bill."

Yeah he looked very rangy and had a good jab and keep busy on his feet.He looked a bit flabby around the waist line than i thought he would!!See what happens to him.I'll keep a close eye on him.He's massive for his age

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he looked very rangy and had a good jab and keep busy on his feet.He looked a bit flabby around the waist line than i thought he would!!See what happens to him.I'll keep a close eye on him.He's massive for his age
    Well, as Mick Hennessy said after the fight, they brought him back early from his honeymoon to make his pro debut on a tv card with plenty of exposure, like this one. I imagine he'll look a bit tighter and more ripped when he's training properly.

Thread Information