Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British RBR - Colin Lynes v Paul McCloskey - British Light Welterweight Title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default British RBR - Colin Lynes v Paul McCloskey - British Light Welterweight Title

Good afternoon, here's the preview for tonight's british RBR, for the UK's title in probably the best division we have had in the UK over the past couple of years. Tonight we see Colin Lynes return to challenge for the title he vacated back in 2007, against one of the young prospects in the division, Paul McCloskey, who was the replacement for David Barnes.

Colin Lynes (31-4, 12 KOs) is coming off an unlucky SD defeat in Italy against Gianluca Branco in May, where it was mainly the doing of the home crowd that gave Branco the victory, with most observers having Lynes ahead, but only by a few rounds. By now, Lynes is a known quantity, being a good boxer who is hard to catch, and an expert at getting the rounds under his belt, and not getting caught too often behind his solid guard. His record is also somewhat deceptive, as two of his defeats came back to back in 2005-06 against Junior Witter, and a disappointing fight against Lenny Daws, from which he seemed to have recovered, and still should be the European champion in my opinion.

As for Paul McCloskey (17-0, 7KOs), the Northern Irishman is coming off a good points win against Nigel Wright in July, and has mixed in some good European company so far in his career, dominating Cezar Bazan earlier in the year, and putting Tontcho Tontchev to the sword by fourth round KO around this time last year. McCloskey will look to dart in and out against Lynes and land the accurate shots which have seen him raise in many estimations over the past year, and an upset is definitely not out of the question.

Coverage begins around 10pm UK time, so eyes down and look in.
    Hartlepool's favourite son Michael Hunter will continue his rehabilitation from his defeat to Steve Molitor with an 8-rounder against veteran Frenchman Osman Aktas and Welshman Taz Jones will take on undefeated Pole Gregorz Proksa.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British RBR - Colin Lynes v Paul McCloskey - British Light Welterweight Title

Looking forward to this one.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British RBR - Colin Lynes v Paul McCloskey - British Light Welterweight Title

yeah me to!!

COME ON MCCLOSKEY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why isnt barnes fighting

Would of seen of lynes within 10

And for that reason im out...............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/grap...it/dragon2.gif
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think I ever heard the reason Barnes isn't fighting, can anyone clue me in?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sup guys, im picking McCloskey in this one. should be a good fight
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Though I don't know much (anything really) about either guy, I have to back the Irishman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCloskey had a narrow win in a good fight with Wright. Previously he completely outclassed a shadow of cesar bazan.

A tricky boxer with little power, tionight will tell a lot.

I'm not at home so is there a streeam?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pleading Stateside ignorance of both fighters but this will help change that .Good heads up Rhun

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What time does this card start? 10?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    10pm UK time...same old story on the FNF shows on sky, main event first, and recorded coverage of the undercard afterwards.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    10pm UK time...same old story on the FNF shows on sky, main event first, and recorded coverage of the undercard afterwards.
    Thanks man

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks man
    Oops, I'm going to have to fall on my sword on this one, those scamps at Sky have decided to mess with the programme, putting an episode of ODLH/Pacman 24/7 in the normal starting time for their FNF, the fight will be on in around half an hour.

Apologies.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks man
    Oops, I'm going to have to fall on my sword on this one, those scamps at Sky have decided to mess with the programme, putting an episode of ODLH/Pacman 24/7 in the normal starting time for their FNF, the fight will be on in around half an hour.

Apologies.
    I can't get away from that fight no matter how hard i try.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay, the fighters are in the ring and the announcements being made. Mickey Vann is the man in the middle. McCloskey seems to have brought a few fans over with him, and those that are there are vocal. Lynes however is the home fighter, and gets a rousing reception from the locals. He's got Michael Lomax and Kevin Mitchell in the corner.

Round 1: Lynes putting in some jabs early on, and getting through McCloskey's low guard. McCloskey tries to close him down, by Lynes goes to the side. Left hook from McCloskey, but a big right from Lynes hits home. Straight from McCloskey. Jab from Mccloskey, and a right hook as Lynes tries to counter. Lynes going straight down the middle, and McCloskey moving around. Good right hook again from McCloskey, with Lynes doing most of the circling. Jab and a right from Lynes. Another flurry, but McCloskey unbowed. Jab and a hook from McCloskey. Lynes lands four decent shots to the body. Jab counter from McCloskey.

Lynes takes the opener. 10-9

Thread Information