Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OJ

He will have to spend at least 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.J. Simpson gets at least 15 years in prison - CNN.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually he could be paroled in 6,and its still up for appeal

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the video of OJ getting his sentence.

Fred Goldman and his daughter Kim were there in the courtroom when this all went down.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OJ is one shitty human being. Nothing more to say.

Being a Bills Fan I wish they would take his name down off the wall of fame at the stadium to be honest.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the video of him making a plea to the judge before sentencing, in case anyone wants to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Ds Next Baby Mama View Post
    Here's the video of OJ getting his sentence.

Fred Goldman and his daughter Kim were there in the courtroom when this all went down.

Again I come back to,he wasnt convicted of killing Ron Goldman. I find it to be an interesting polarizing social phenomenon, that Ive mainly gotten to watch from the outside looking in.
    White people want him to hang, even though an all white(except for the forensic officer who was Asian) team couldnt in a court of law prove he was guilty of killing two white people.
    Black people acted like theyd won the lottery when OJ got acquitted(there may be an apology owed to Chris Rock here,I think he might have said it first).
    Im neither really white or black,so Ive been watching this from the outside. There was reasonable doubt on the Goldman/Simpson case,and that is the standard of the law
    There's reasonable doubt on this case,and it probably gets tossed on appeals,Simpson himself never brandished a weapon,and never took any property that wasnt technically his.At best it gets a reduced sentance.
    But why do white people constantly act like "We finally got him" and black people act like, "See the system cant keep us down"
    Face it,he's an old broken down running back,and a crappy actor,Ive allways highly doubted he killed Goldman and his wife for one simple reason. I saw his last season in San Francisco. He couldnt abuse an offensive line 20 years ago,let alone kill a bodybuilder and his wife 20 years later.With noone noticing. Apparantly his arthritis meds must have been kicking ass that day to turn him in to OJ the ninja.
    Im not saying he might not have paid for it, but that wasnt an angle even tried by the prosecution.
    I mean c'mon,half the time he walks with a cane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was he physically capable? sure why not? It's remarkable what a little antiinflammatory will do, add to that a good shot of adrenaline and a little booze to fuel the rage. Anyone capable of routinely playing a round of golf I'd say is probably capable of slashing someone's throat. The guy probably still had a lot of strength.

Was there reasonable doubt. I guess the criminal jury thought so, if not the civil jury. Obviously you have more confidence in the criminal jury, such as it was, than I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Was he physically capable? sure why not? It's remarkable what a little antiinflammatory will do, add to that a good shot of adrenaline and a little booze to fuel the rage. Anyone capable of routinely playing a round of golf I'd say is probably capable of slashing someone's throat. The guy probably still had a lot of strength.

Was there reasonable doubt. I guess the criminal jury thought so, if not the civil jury. Obviously you have more confidence in the criminal jury, such as it was, than I do.
    I have confidence in the letter of the law.
    And as far as being able to play a round of golf,look at any golf course,they have corpses propped up out there. I dont think they can wipe out a bodybuilder and an ex wife in a lit front yard with nobody noticing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

And as far as being able to play a round of golf,look at any golf course,they have corpses propped up out there. I dont think they can wipe out a bodybuilder and an ex wife in a lit front yard with nobody noticing.
    Letter of the Law. Don't gimme that crap. You think mistakes aren't made? You think juries are perfect? You think a jury has never mistakenly convicted an innocent? Or freed a guilty? You think there has never been a jury that was motivated by race? Christ almighty, you just finished saying of the general public that they seemed to be very motivated by race. Gimme a break.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If He Did It,

he got away with it. He is stupid for being so arrogant, knowing everyone is the law community wanted him to pay for the crime and were just waiting for any slip. Knowing the Goldman family wanted him to pay for it, and were just waiting for him to slip. His own close friends, by his admission during sentencing have been trying to set him up and cash in on the slip.

If he is guilty of anything in this case, it is sheer stupidity and arrogance, and sometimes that has a high price. Looks to be 7 1/2-15 years in this example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post

Letter of the Law. Don't gimme that crap. You think mistakes aren't made? You think juries are perfect? You think a jury has never mistakenly convicted an innocent? Or freed a guilty? You think there has never been a jury that was motivated by race? Christ almighty, you just finished saying of the general public that they seemed to be very motivated by race. Gimme a break.
    The letter of the law in the United States is beyond a reasonable doubt,and innocent until proven guilty
    There was reasonable doubt
    And he wasnt proven guilty.
    In hindsight the prosecutions case was thinner then Lindsay Lohan.
    They dont have a single witness placing him at the scene,and all of their forensic evidence is tainted by improper handling.
    What the hell can you use to convict him,"We really think he might have done it"?
    Well there's a legal precedent that its a good idea to set.
    "He looks guilty,grab him and a rope"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TM. I'd say we disagree on the reasonable part.

No not all the forensic evidence was tainted.

With all due respect, I've noticed you have a tendency to overgeneralize and exaggerate.

I'm moving on. seeya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TM. I'd say we disagree on the reasonable part.

No not all the forensic evidence was tainted.

With all due respect, I've noticed you have a tendency to overgeneralize and exaggerate.

I'm moving on. seeya.
    Its got to be "beyond a reasonable doubt"
    You have a confirmed racist handling evidence,and a forensic evidence expert handling evidence without gloves,on film and on tape.
    This is not a good case to bring to trial.
    Overgeneralize,Fuhrman said the N word 23 times in 5 minutes in one taped phone conversation
    Overgeneralize? The lead forensic expert is caught on film,at the crime scene
    handling evidence without gloves on
    These arent anything but those are the facts,and thats why OJ walked
    Did he do it? Dont know,wasnt there
    Was there reasonable doubt brought to light at his trial,there sure as hell was.
    And before you start hemming and hawing about him getting away with murder,what if he didnt do it.
    And what if in the same circumstance it was you on trial.
    You really want "Well we think he did it" to be the standard that people are tried by?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really followed either case but I've not really understood the intense hatred for OJ really.

I mean his wife was fucking some other man so in a jealous rage he killed them both, yeah it's wrong but he there are plenty of people who have killed for far less reasons and gone on to redeem themselves.

It's not like he was beating up old ladies or abusing kids, I mean he killed his wife becuase she was fucking another man.

Not condoning it, just saying some people do crazy things when they are jealous and torn apart.

As for this new crime I don't even understand what he did. He went around and stole back his own possessions that had been stolen from him?

I mean you can't tell me that some of you on here, Trainer Monkey, Violent D, JT Rock etc wouldn't want to fuck over some cunts that stole all your prized possessions, especially if they turned out to be your supposed friends.

It seems to me that there was a 'we couldn't get him for the murder trial so we'll stitch him up good and proper this time' mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I've never really followed either case but I've not really understood the intense hatred for OJ really.

I mean his wife was fucking some other man so in a jealous rage he killed them both, yeah it's wrong but he there are plenty of people who have killed for far less reasons and gone on to redeem themselves.

It's not like he was beating up old ladies or abusing kids, I mean he killed his wife becuase she was fucking another man.

Not condoning it, just saying some people do crazy things when they are jealous and torn apart.

As for this new crime I don't even understand what he did. He went around and stole back his own possessions that had been stolen from him?

I mean you can't tell me that some of you on here, Trainer Monkey, Violent D, JT Rock etc wouldn't want to fuck over some cunts that stole all your prized possessions, especially if they turned out to be your supposed friends.

It seems to me that there was a 'we couldn't get him for the murder trial so we'll stitch him up good and proper this time' mentality.
    In hindsight, my best mate and my girlfriend ended up hooking up,at the time I was pissed as hell,but in hindsight...............
    Russ,if you ever read this, thank you for taking her off my hands.Your problem now.

Thread Information