Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny for fighter of the decade

I am so shocked from what transpired tonight. being a diehard oscar fan I am saddened by his shameful effort but but also in awe of manny pacquio. the man has to be considered fighter of the decade. has beaten legends in barrera, morales, marquez and delahoya and beaten them decisively. roy jones was the fighter of last decade, this decade it has to be manny I don't think floyd, hopkins or calzaghe come close for that moniker.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny for fighter of the decade

With all the accomplishments and upsets that he made possible, you may be right.
    <a href="Hidden Content la Hoya Pacquiao</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley View Post
    I am so shocked from what transpired tonight. being a diehard oscar fan I am saddened by his shameful effort but but also in awe of manny pacquio. the man has to be considered fighter of the decade. has beaten legends in barrera, morales, marquez and delahoya and beaten them decisively. roy jones was the fighter of last decade, this decade it has to be manny I don't think floyd, hopkins or calzaghe come close for that moniker.
    i say Bhop and Floyd have a better chance of fighter of the decade than Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd never took risks, never defied the odds. in all the fights he won he was favorite to win. floyd's best wins are against corrales, gatti, hatton, delahoya
    pacquio's best wins are against barrera, morales, marquez and delahoya
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

XaduBoxer Guest

That's possible but definitely we'll have Manny as Fighter of the Year first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd never took risks, never defied the odds. in all the fights he won he was favorite to win. floyd's best wins are against corrales, gatti, hatton, delahoya
    he fought Ndou and he was 31 with 30 kos and alot of people picked him to win. and wat about Castillo and Zab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    he fought Ndou and he was 31 with 30 kos and alot of people picked him to win. and wat about Castillo and Zab.
    castillo did not have the kind of reputation he went on to earn when floyd fought him, castillo was brought in as a showcase opponent for floyd who gave him more than he could handle. zab is a good fighter yes but is not even close to being a great fighter and was coming from a loss to a feather duster salesman when floyd fought him

Thread Information