Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Medina Claims Death Threats

I don't buy it at all.

He says it happened during the weigh-in, when there are tons of witnesses there, and not one person heard it, or said anything?

If a threat was made, why didn't he report it right there and then while the commision is standing right there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair, he certainly fought like he was taking a dive.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    To be fair, he certainly fought like he was taking a dive.
    gotta agree with you. If what was quoted there really came out of Medinas mouth especially about the part when he says he swear on his daughters life if he really said that then i believe him.

I predicted lopez to win but i was sure medina would give him so trouble.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, he fought like it.

I might have believed it, if he said that he got the threats privately through calls to his room, or in a hall somewhere, but he's saying it happened at the weigh-in, with tons of witnesses there. I don't think anybody would be stupid enough to make death threats with witnesses around. And I can't believe that no one would have heard it, and not done something about it.

If someone made death threats to me, right in front of witnesses, and the boxing commission, I sure as $hit would have spoken up right then and there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

I might have believed it, if he said that he got the threats privately through calls to his room, or in a hall somewhere, but he's saying it happened at the weigh-in, with tons of witnesses there. I don't think anybody would be stupid enough to make death threats with witnesses around. And I can't believe that no one would have heard it, and not done something about it.

If someone made death threats to me, right in front of witnesses, and the boxing commission, I sure as $hit would have spoken up right then and there.
    That's the thing Medina is tougher than nails, his performance definately did not show that. Maybe it was whispered in his ear or something. Things get crazy at the weigh-in's. I'm not saying it did happen, but it could have. Take for example, you are at a Brown's game and Danny whispers something to you, would the people around you hear it? Probably not.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now his agent is saying its BS and that Medina's mentally ill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He really lacks intelligence. Either way, or any other way; quitting or ratting, he is screwed. The the writing is on the wall. The lesser evil was to just shut up! so as to protect his family. To address a problem with a bigger problem, is plain d..b (lacks intelligence!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is true folks, I found video proof

BombayTV ::: Subtitle movie ! ::: by Grapheine.com
    Last edited by Deanrw; 12-10-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the thing Medina is tougher than nails, his performance definately did not show that. Maybe it was whispered in his ear or something. Things get crazy at the weigh-in's. I'm not saying it did happen, but it could have. Take for example, you are at a Brown's game and Danny whispers something to you, would the people around you hear it? Probably not.
    If that's the way it went down than Medina knows exactly who threatened him. And needs to report it. Medina showed toughness against Bautista. But IMO there is a huge difference between Lopez and Bautista. I think Medina just froze.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple View Post

If that's the way it went down than Medina knows exactly who threatened him. And needs to report it. Medina showed toughness against Bautista. But IMO there is a huge difference between Lopez and Bautista. I think Medina just froze.
    It's very possible that he froze. I don't know why he would freeze against Lopez and not Bautista though. The events were almost exactly the same undercard of a huge ODLH PPV event. And on paper the time that they fought Medina.

Bautista 22-0-0 (17 KOs) WBO Super Bantam eliminator (ODLH/PBF undercard)

Lopez 23-0-0 (21 KOs) WBO Super Bantam title (ODLH/PAC undercard)

Both were considered one of the hottest up and coming stars, when he fought them.

Something doesn't add up, maybe he is just loco.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's very possible that he froze. I don't know why he would freeze against Lopez and not Bautista though. The events were almost exactly the same undercard of a huge ODLH PPV event. And on paper the time that they fought Medina.

Both were considered one of the hottest up and coming stars, when he fought them.

Maybe Lopez crushing Ponce Deleon who destroyed Bautista (the fighter Medina did well against) was what got to him.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Lopez crushing Ponce Deleon who destroyed Bautista (the fighter Medina did well against) was what got to him.
    That is definately a possibility. The only thing I know for sure, is he did not look like he wanted to be there. I felt like a douche on the chat room, because right before the fight I brought up Medina's toughness, and then he did nothing landed 1 punch and that was a slap.

Thread Information