Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I Love Boxing But....

..you gotta hand it to the UFC. I mean this months PPV is stacked, and boxing really should take it into consideration. Here's just some of the Fights on the December 27th card.

Main Event

Forrest Griffen VS. Rashad Evans For the UFC Lightheavyweight title

Undercard

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Vs. Frank Mir (PPV MAIN EVENTER IN IT'S OWN RIGHT)
    Wanderlei Silva Vs. Quinton Jackson (SAME THING GOES AS THE FIGHT ABOVE)
    Cheick Kongo Vs. Mustapha Al-Turk (Kongo is an awesome athlete)
    Yushin Okami Vs. Dean Lister (Lister is always entertaining)
    Matt Hamill Vs. Reese Andy (Hamill is all action)

all boxing promotion companies need to take a little action and step it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Love Boxing But....

Like the last Lesnar fight, maybe we should get Hulk Hogan in the ring with Klitschko, maybe that would help with sales.

On a serious note, the top guys in boxing ppv don't really want to share the revenue with 8-10 other bigt names on the same night, and also there's the problem with promoters which UFC doesn't have. Of course, something people really don't often mention is that the UFC itself is just one big promotional company, and their champions don't always represent the best in MMA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THe UFC can do this because they have a monopoly on MMA in the US. That is why the top fighters make only 200k for a huge PPV fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Rank or Golden Boy could easily do the same...both own most the top talent in bocing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    THe UFC can do this because they have a monopoly on MMA in the US. That is why the top fighters make only 200k for a huge PPV fight.
    Yeah & I wonder when top MMA guys are going to start demanding more money with boxing like #'s? Coutre & Tito Ortiz have already had their issues with Dana White & there could be more battles like that ahead.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pooooooooint is lol....

boxing needs to put on better cards, and not just great main events

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both sport, I have no problem with people who likes one or the other only.

I think the reason why boxing dont put on events like the ufc is because boxers that headline the main event has a whole lot more followers then any individual mma fighter.

I got to hand it to mma fighters though, they love to fight and it doesn't matter if the whole night is about them. They just get ready back stage, get in line and wait their turn to fight.

I also dont have any problems with boxings undercard, I like to watch prospect or unknown fighters before the big event. The excitement is you never know what a boxer is going to bring and if his really the next big thing to headline a boxing ppv event.

I think boxing main event is truly an EVENT, and UFC is just the last fight of the night. If you look closely the arena are full until the main event unlike mma its full from start to finish. Plus boxing is more likely to last longer for 12 rounds 3 minutes each round. MMA needs more fight, they can't do like boxing does cause most fights are so short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many boxing PPV's are there in a year
    How many UFC's

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those are great matchups? IMO the talent pool isnt as deep so you have alot of the same guys fighting the same guys just rotating. I'm just sick of the UFC trying every 5 seconds to talk smack about boxing. Its like they are fighting over the same market and instead of just doing their thing and impressing people with exciting fights, they have to talk shit. Just because every fucking boxing card isnt stacked? I've watched some pretty shitty MMA cards too it goes both ways.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fukk the UFC. Shitt is and always will be inferior to Boxing. Boxing is the harder sport. Being great in it actually means some thing. Anybody can do the UFC. Look at there heavyweight situation. Former pro wrestler Brock Leshner is the champ. Now I got nothing against Leshner. I seen him fight. He's a legit bad ass. But his record going into the championship fight was 2-1. The champion he beat was 16-9. Can you imagine that shiit ever taking place in Boxing? A championship fight between a 16-9 champ and 2-1 challenger being a big PPV event? Come on now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Casamayor Nuthugger 4 Life View Post
    Fukk the UFC. Shitt is and always will be inferior to Boxing. Boxing is the harder sport. Being great in it actually means some thing. Anybody can do the UFC. Look at there heavyweight situation. Former pro wrestler Brock Leshner is the champ. Now I got nothing against Leshner. I seen him fight. He's a legit bad ass. But his record going into the championship fight was 2-1. The champion he beat was 16-9. Can you imagine that shiit ever taking place in Boxing? A championship fight between a 16-9 champ and 2-1 challenger being a big PPV event? Come on now

One problem with boxing is padded records. 16-9 is understandable if you have extremely competitive matchups. No most boxers will be fed 16 or 17 fighters with that 2-1 record before they even fight a competitive fight.

I agree with you about 2-1 though. Overall there is much more even matchups in the UFC.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah as opposed to a 32-0 boxer who has beaten 31 bums being ppv.

Ok he shouldn't have got a shot after 3 fights but there are more losses because there are more competitive matches and less ducking.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Yeah as opposed to a 32-0 boxer who has beaten 31 bums being ppv.

Ok he shouldn't have got a shot after 3 fights but there are more losses because there are more competitive matches and less ducking.
    first of all don't get me wrong i pick boxing over MMA 9 times out of 10, but you can't be blind that boxing is constantly trying to force mediocre undercards with a decent mainevent, and there are already signs that boxing is starting to feel the pressure which is mainly evident with the 3 Vazquez/Marquez fights, all were on regular Showtime, instead of being thrown onto PPV, and now fights like Hopkins/Calzaghe, Hatton/Malignaggi, Margarito/Mosley are on regular HBO, and also now the one making the biggest attempt to make a stacked fight card worth on being on PPV is Top Rank with their proposed summer 2009 card in Madison Square Garden, undercard being, Ivan Calderon Vs. Ulisis Solis, Juanma Lopez Vs. Raphael Marquez or Israel Vazquez (if he gets past Penalosa), and the main event being Miguel Cotto Vs. Antonio Margarito II, that's a stacked card

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The nfl schedule coming up is packed with great games too.....so what ufc and boxing are different sports the comparisons between the two are funny. The ufc i'm sure has great bouts and it's doing it's thing and that's fine but i don't care who they have fighting i would never watch, and that is no way a knock on those who do, hell i don't like cricket or the wwe either and just like mma or whatever i don't see what that has to do with boxing. Futbol vs football don't get compared every other week just as silly imo.
    Last edited by Mar; 12-15-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree this UFC is better value than recent boxing events . Oscar - Pac was a predictable farce and the undercard sucked. UFC could have made a couple of ppvs from these matches but theyve given the real xmas treat . I cant wait !

Thread Information