Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICB's Log.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default ICB's Log.

I thought i'd join in with you guys/girls. Im giving the boxing a rest for awhile over Christmas and im gonna do some weights/bodyweight exercises to put on some muscle/weight.

Anyway i thought i'd give you a bit of info about my self, im Adam im 19 years old i've been going to a boxing gym since 2007. I've had 4 Amateurs and won them all, my current weight is 165 pounds i just weighed myself. And my height is 6'1 and a half.

Saturday

I had some breakfast then a shower to wake me up, and started off with some skipping as a bit of a warm up. And today im going to do my Biceps/Triceps. I started off with some Chin Ups 20 reps x3, then after a little break i went and got a chair. And with my arms behind me and with my legs straight i done 30 reps x3 of this exercise. Im not sure what its called and i didn't do a very good job of explaining it, but its very good for your triceps if someone reads this maybe they can help me with the name. I then done some push ups 40 reps x3.

Anyway then it was time to go into the shed and do some weights, and started with some benchpressing 85 KG's just a nice comfortable weight, because i haven't done it in awhile. I done 8 reps x3, i then got out the curly bar and done some standing barbell curls, again i like to keep these exercises to 8 reps x3 no more than that this was 50 KG's by the way just a nice comfortable weight for now, i then finished up with some dumbell kickbacks and some preacher curls. And that was it for today. I'll take 2 days break from weight lifting and then go back to work. I'll be doing some cardio and some ab work tomorrow though.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-23-2008 at 04:09 PM.

ICB Guest

Default Re: ICB's Log.

Guys/Girls i just wanted to ask one question i did ask this before, but i wanted to know if a Squat Rack is worth it ? its just because everytime i do Squats, its so hard to get it back over my head when im finished with the exercise. Because by that time my arms are tired and worn out, and i can't always get one of my mates to help me, because there busy alot of the time cheers.

ICB Guest

Sunday

Got up early and done my morning run, comeback had some breakfast and had a little break. Then i done 30 minutes of skipping, followed by 30 mins on the cross trainer. Had a 10 minute break then went downstairs and done 20 minutes on the heavybag, followed by 10 minutes on the speedbag.

Went back upstairs and done some hanging leg raises off my chin up bar, 15 x3. Then i got my stability ball out and started off with a basic crunch, lieing face up with the ball resting under my back, i done 20 x3 of this exercise. I then done basically the same excersize but instead i twisted the crunches, hitting the sides of my abs again 20 x3 of this excerise.

I then followed it up with ball rotation which basically is, my arms straight up in the air keeping my palms together, twisting my body to left to right, with my arms still straight out again same routine 20 x3. I then followed it up with some ab rolls these excersizes are pretty easy so i up this to 30 x3. And lastly i finished off my routine with some bicycle crunches 20 x3, and some leg raises 20 x3.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-23-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When's your next fight ?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    When's your next fight ?
    Got nothing at the moment mate been too busy with other stuff.

Monday

Not done too much today just done some some deadlifts 90 kgs 8 reps x3, and some squats 80 kgs 8 reps x3.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-23-2008 at 04:10 PM.

ICB Guest

Tuesday

I got up and done my morning run and the way i do this, i do jog but i like to mix it up by doing short little running spurts to mix in with it. I got back and amazingly, you may find this funny. But i like doing some dancing for 15/20 mins every once in awhile and thats what i did.

Had a little rest then went down stairs got my heavybag out and done a 15 minute session no breaks. I also managed to squeeze in some speedbag work for 15 minutes also. I went back upstairs then done 32 minutes on the cross-trainer beating my last effort by 2 minutes.

Then i finished off my workout by doing some aerobics for 30 minutes, then i had to go out and get something for my girl. So i took my bicycle and to the shop and back i timed it with my watch, and it was about 20 minutes.

So thats basically it for today i like to keep it nice and simple, im feeling pretty good lately. And my workouts have been improving i just hope i can keep it up, because its alot of hard work going outside in this freezing bloody weather.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-23-2008 at 04:07 PM.

ICB Guest

Wednesday Christmas Eve.

Haven't had time to do to much today, i done some bent over Barbell Rows 90 KG's 8 reps x3. Barbell Lying Skull Crushers 80 KG's 8 reps x3, Some push ups 40 x3, some diamond push ups 30 x3. Then i got my mate from the boxing gym to hold my pads up, and let me practice my punching and this was for about 10-15 minutes. Then lastly i went and done some reverse grip chin ups with my palms facing away from me, 20 x3 of this exercise. And that was it for me today.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-24-2008 at 04:45 PM.

ICB Guest

Yesterday January 04 Sunday.

I went to the boxing gym done 10 minutes of quick running as a warm up, 10 minutes of skipping, 10 minutes on the heavybag. Then it was sparring time i felt pretty good today, had a good session.

Got my jab working very well snapping it out, didn't get caught with anything stupid. My defense was sound and my footwork was pretty good aswell, overall a pretty good session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    Guys/Girls i just wanted to ask one question i did ask this before, but i wanted to know if a Squat Rack is worth it ? its just because everytime i do Squats, its so hard to get it back over my head when im finished with the exercise. Because by that time my arms are tired and worn out, and i can't always get one of my mates to help me, because there busy alot of the time cheers.
    I think you answered yur own question.

You'r limited by the strength of your overhead press in terms of weight whereas squats you'd expect to be able to do at least x3 that. Of course it always depends on your goals in terms of how big the weight you want to lift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool log.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are u from philippines? i need help pls for advice and tips.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Cool log.
    Thanks man.

January 10th Saturday.

I have been doing some running and jogging to keep myself busy, but i didn't think that was worth putting in the log so anyway. I went with your advice Donny/Chris i done some Dumbell Curls/Hammer Curls 20 KG 10 reps each x3.

Then i done some wrist curls with a lighter weight to help my Forearms, then i put the weight back on and done some Reverse Dumbell Curls 10 reps x3. Then it was time for some Crunches i done some of the most effective ones 30 x3 for all of my Ab workouts, Bicycle Crunch/Captains Chair/Ball Crunch/Vertical Leg Crunch.

Then after that i done some light skipping 10 minutes, and i finished it off with some Heavybag work downstairs for 10 minutes, and a quick 10 minute Speedbag session. Then i done some dancing upstairs which i like to do because its fun and gives you a bit of a workout, and i had my girl watching me, so i made myself look like a plank infront of her LOL.
    Last edited by ICB; 01-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beginers09 View Post
    are u from philippines? i need help pls for advice and tips.
    Not being rude bro but just look at our names below our names, there is a flag that represents where we are from. Im obviously from England, but i may be able to help you what is it that you need help with ?
    Last edited by ICB; 01-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    I think you answered yur own question.

You'r limited by the strength of your overhead press in terms of weight whereas squats you'd expect to be able to do at least x3 that. Of course it always depends on your goals in terms of how big the weight you want to lift.
    I did buy one and im going to give it a try in a few days, its just so annoying that i can't do Squats as often as i would like. Because i have to ask one of my mates to come round to help, and there not always available.
    Last edited by ICB; 01-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.

ICB Guest

Sunday January 11th.

I got up early today and done my morning run comeback and then had a little nap. I got up had a shower to freshen up, but before i went to the boxing gym, i done a some Chin-Ups/Pull-Ups 20 x3. Anyway when i got there i done some Heavybag/Speedbag work for 10 mins each just to sharpen up.

Then i done some punch mitts with the old trainer i told you about in Scraps thread, just practicing my technique. 10 minutes of this also. Then a quick skipping session for 10 minutes, then it was time for sparring with a friend of mine who i know quite well. He's about the same height as me, so mostly the sparring session was trying to establish the jab/outside fighting.

I went into a criss-cross style ala Tim Witherspoon style, to catch the jab with my right glove and counter with a rising jab over the top. As soon as i felt his jab touch my glove i instantly was countering with jabs, and the occasional right hand. I also jabbed at his arm which made him more cautious with the jab and threw his rhythm off. When i was beating him with my jab, i noticed his concentration was completely off.

And he would try and come in more reckless but i kept my cool. And was able to keep my distance and just win with the jab, the session was over and i was feeling pretty good so i had a quick 5 minute break and got another sparring partner in.

He's had a few Amateur fights but im not really familar with him, i haven't talked to him much. He is quite a bit shorter than me but he set a hard pace. I would try and use my footwork and jab, but he would often at times close the distance and trap me. He would work my body and go back up towards my head. I was able to use my speed and roll with the shots on the inside.

I was able to turn him alot aswell to get out of the corner/ropes, and keep the fight in the middle of the ring. I did knockdown him down with an uppercut as he was coming in, not a real power shot. Just a jolting quick uppercut that i whipped in as he was coming in. He actually got up and laughed and said good shot.

And that was basically it i did respect him alot, and i think i made a new friend there very friendly guy with good determination. Overall a very good days work and im pretty pleased with the result.
    Last edited by ICB; 01-11-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Thread Information