Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lennox Lewis, "David Haye will beat Vitali Klitchsko".

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lennox Lewis, "David Haye will beat Vitali Klitchsko".

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    why would Lewis be jealous of a guy hes already stopped when he was in his worst ever shape
    .....and then proceeded to retire faster than anyone could have imagined.

David Haye is going to get his delusional ass whipped from pillar to post and he'll NEVER be the same fighter....hope all you Haye fans are happy, I know I am

Lenno xwas smart...he had nothing to prove to anyone...Nothing!...Even if he did take the rematch and lose he still had nothing to prove....He was the most dominate HW in one of the divisions greatest eras.....He beat everyone he faced....

Make no mistake though he did not retire because of Vitaly,,,The Vitaly fight just let him know for sure it was time.....

Too many past champs have waited until they have been starched by guys who did not even belong in the same ring as they did during their prime before getting the hint....Lennox was not going to be that stereo type
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis doesn't say Haye will beat Vitali in this :S he says he can beat him and he has a chance to do this, Vitali is quite old now so it is not impoosible(Although I hope Vitali beats him hard). Infact he seems to be saying it is not a good idea for Haye to fight Vitali right now, saying about jumping straight to the top of the ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Lewis doesn't say Haye will beat Vitali in this :S he says he can beat him and he has a chance to do this, Vitali is quite old now so it is not impoosible(Although I hope Vitali beats him hard). Infact he seems to be saying it is not a good idea for Haye to fight Vitali right now, saying about jumping straight to the top of the ladder.

I'm glad somebody pointed this out........."CAN" not WILL.........

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Nothing wrong with being smart and knowing when to retire, surely you realise that Lyle mate?

Haye may get a pasting but I think he has great ambition, more heavies like Haye needed.
    #1 Uh huh and who gave him the feeling it was time to retire? And Daxx inspite of the "TKO" Lewis gave to Vitali after that fight in my opinion Lennox never had a chance to prove himself MORE than by giving a rematch and TRULY winning the fight.....that cut was a fluke and Lennox is damned lucky it went down the way it did #1 Lennox was losing #2 Lennox shot his load in the final round and Vitali was still standing

#2 EVERYBODY is in boxing to be the best, NOBODY would turn down a fight with Wlad or Vitali (bar anyone going for the less respected WBA belt)....it means big time money and the chance at achieving the highest goal in heavyweight boxing. Just because Haye WANTS the fight doesn't mean much to me....let's see how much he wants the fight after the bell rings!
    Last edited by El Kabong; 12-24-2008 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#2 EVERYBODY is in boxing to be the best, NOBODY would turn down a fight with Wlad or Vitali !
    This is true but Haye is still relatively young for the division, it still takes balls to take on the very best for what everyone agrees is career suicide. Haye would make more money fighting 5 more Monte Barretts than he would fighting one Vitali Klitchsko.

All that said, I still agree with everybody else. Haye is stupid to take this fight. Haye only has a punchers chance and if Lennox Lewis can't put the man down then Haye sure as fuck can't either. I feel the same way as when Mayweather agreed to fight Hatton, gutted that knowing a fighter I like has bitten off more than they can chew....
    Last edited by Conrad; 12-24-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I PERSONLY THINK THAT DAVID HAYE WILL GET STOPPED. AND INO IME ENGLISH BUT I KINDA WANT HIM 2 GET BEAT HES BIN DISRESPECTFUL 2 BOTH BROTHERS.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has less chance of beating Vitali than Hatton did of beating Floyd, it's just not even a debate imo.

All I can say for certain is that come June Violent D's sig will be of a comatose Haye sprawled on the canvas with his eyes closed and arms outstretched like the fallen Messiah he seems to think he is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing wrong with being smart and knowing when to retire, surely you realise that Lyle mate?

Haye may get a pasting but I think he has great ambition, more heavies like Haye needed.
    #1 Uh huh and who gave him the feeling it was time to retire? And Daxx inspite of the "TKO" Lewis gave to Vitali after that fight in my opinion Lennox never had a chance to prove himself MORE than by giving a rematch and TRULY winning the fight.....that cut was a fluke and Lennox is damned lucky it went down the way it did #1 Lennox was losing #2 Lennox shot his load in the final round and Vitali was still standing

#2 EVERYBODY is in boxing to be the best, NOBODY would turn down a fight with Wlad or Vitali (bar anyone going for the less respected WBA belt)....it means big time money and the chance at achieving the highest goal in heavyweight boxing. Just because Haye WANTS the fight doesn't mean much to me....let's see how much he wants the fight after the bell rings!
    To me it looked like Lennox was starting to figure him out, and that it was Vitali who had shot his bolt. I know he was losing but it seemed like he was starting to turn the fight around to me. I think Lewis proved himself enough throughout the rest of his career to not need to fight Vitali again. Personally I can't ever blame him for retiring, I'm not the one in the ring so I don't feel I have the right to say when a fighter retires, he clearly just realized the end was coming & better to go of your own choice than be pushed

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Big V inside 7 and all you haye lovers to be showed up!!!!

A British fan going against a british fighter? Man now I've seen everything

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    why would Lewis be jealous of a guy hes already stopped when he was in his worst ever shape
    .....and then proceeded to retire faster than anyone could have imagined.

David Haye is going to get his delusional ass whipped from pillar to post and he'll NEVER be the same fighter....hope all you Haye fans are happy, I know I am

If Vitali couldnt last 6 rounds with Lewis on his worst day what chance did he have against a motivated Lewis ?

That same undertrained version of Lewis got stopped by Mcall and Rahman but Vitali got beat by him

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats bullshiit, Lewis was very much well trained, I remember Steward being very wary of Kirk Johnson, because of his speed and ability, he put Lennox through his paces.

Vitali took the fight on the same notice as Lewis did and was fighting an inferior fighter to Johnson to boot, so out of the 2 Vitali was probably more unprepared but he jumped at the chance.

As for Lewis starting to figure out Vitali, have a look at when Lewis slumped in to his corner and on his stool at the end of the last round, he didnt even have the strength in his legs to sit down, he was gone, whereas Vitali could have carried on and 50 years ago would have, dont forget Marcianos nose was in 2 and he carried on

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interview with Lennox Lewis | BoxingInsider.com

Question: How is it that this fight with Johnson came along as opposed to Vitali Klitschko or someone else?

Lewis: I believe this fight is the more exciting fight. This is a guy who just had a great knockout, and he is out there trying to knock people out. People want to see what will happen when these two big men actually meet.

Emmanuel Steward: Lennox asked me if I had a preference between Johnson, or Vitali Klitshcko, and I told him I did not. I thought Vitali probably brought more marketability to the table, but in terms of the opponent, I felt that Johnson was a more dangerous opponent because he is better coordinated, punches very fast, and has much more power. I feel this fight against Johnson is the better fight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Looks like Lewis sucks even more at predicting fights than he does at commenting.
    Yea he does no offense to the man he is a great fighter, but i find his commentating so cringe worthy. I was watching some old Winky Wrght fights about a week ago and the show was KO Nation, and at first i didn't know who the expert commentator was, until i realized it was Kevin Kelley. He was a very good commentator IMO, very good analysis and his scoring was spot on.

ICB Guest

I thought the opposite i see Vitali Klitschko have nothing left after the 6th round, he done diddly squat when he got hit with that huge uppercut. And he was holding on for dear life right at the end of that round.

I admire Lennox Lewis for retiring at the right time, he'd beaten everyone he had to beat except for Riddick Bowe. But that wasn't his fault that fight never happened. He also achieved everything you could as an Amateur.

I wish more fighters were like Lennox Lewis how i would of loved, had RJJ retired after beating John Ruiz. He would be considered one of the greatest fighters of all time, but now he carried on too long. Losses to Johnson/Tarver x2/Calzaghe/ Have badly hurt his legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know about him beating klitchsko, but he wont beat chris arreola, he one good fighter and probably next champ. what do you guys think

Thread Information