Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man...what a fukkin cold winter this is...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Man...what a fukkin cold winter this is...

This is the coldest winter in years...its so damn cold here in Germany that I'm leaving the house only if its absolutely necessary...Tonight its going to be 12 F(I did convert from Celsius to Fahrenheit for you guys...)and next sunday its going to be 5 F at night...Yeah I know thats not so that cold...I mean in the antartic its colder,but on the other hand I'm not living there...Seriously...I'm not used to that anymore the last few winters were all pretty balmy and now this...The worst thing is we have a cat,a stray,who came to us 4 year ago for a visit and then just stayed...that stupid tomcat is to afraid to come inside the house and stays all year outside and even though he gets more than enough to eat and got a cardboard with blankets inside, I'm getting worried that he may freeze...

Makes you think whats the deal with global warming if you can't walk aound in shorts during winter...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Man...what a fukkin cold winter this is...

It's been really cold and stormy here as well. We normally only get a very small amount of snow, if any, but this year we got nearly 2 feet over a relatively short period. Other areas nearby got significantly more than we did. That probably doesn't sound like much to most people, but for here it's a shit load.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last few winters here in Southern Ontario have not been unusually cold, but there has been more snow than usual.

Having lived in this area for twenty years, I have observed with my eyes the folliwing trends, due to climate change I guess.

Earlier, but not longer, springs.
    Longer summers, but not necessarily hotter
    shorter falls, coming a little later, with less variation in leaf color. More and more, many leaves just end up looking burnt brown in the fall.
    More snow in the winters, especially in the last ten years.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brrr it's been getting down to the low 40s here at night.

it's the only time of year we have nice weather.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Honestly man, I'd rather live with the climate here than where you are. It might rain all the time, the temp. might dip below -10 C several times a year, and sometimes we might even get a shit load of now, but I hate the heat. I just couldn't handle it over a long period.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always remember the coldest night I slept out in a sleeping Bag it was 36 below. Slept like a log 1961 some winter, the Ice climbing was amazing.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Honestly man, I'd rather live with the climate here than where you are. It might rain all the time, the temp. might dip below -10 C several times a year, and sometimes we might even get a shit load of now, but I hate the heat. I just couldn't handle it over a long period.
    No doubt the heat sucks, but Winters here are all I have to look forward to. When it gets up to 122 F (50 C) in the shade there's not much to like except water, A/C and out of town vacations.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Melbourne Victoria , We are lucky I suppose we get clear skies and sun and then pissed on and blown sideways all in the course of a week ;all in one day sometimes. Come here and bring a Umbrella or wide brimmed hat and pair of shorts,a thermos flask with hot coco and a esky full of ice cold piss.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Melbourne Victoria , We are lucky I suppose we get clear skies and sun and then pissed on and blown sideways all in the course of a week ;all in one day sometimes. Come here and bring a Umbrella or wide brimmed hat and pair of shorts,a thermos flask with hot coco and a esky full of ice cold piss.
    Sounds like where I live, Victoria BC.

ICB Guest

Been pretty cold here more than usual -1 for the last few days, but i still go out and do my training even with this stinking cold i got at the moment

El Kabong Guest

Global Warming!!!! We're all gonna die just like in "The Day After Tomorrow" or "An Inconveniant Truth"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Global Warming!!!! We're all gonna die just like in "The Day After Tomorrow" or "An Inconveniant Truth"
    Day after Tomorrow is absolute Hollywood drivel, pure fiction that has been totally debunked by scientists. An Inconvenient Truth is quite a bit different.

El Kabong Guest

I beg to differ....Al Gore is FULL OF SHIT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I beg to differ....Al Gore is FULL OF SHIT
    OK, mon, if you truly don't see the difference between Day after Tomorrow and Al Gore, we probably won't have much basis for agreement.

Al Gore is a Democrat, I'll give you that point, but he does have support in the scientific community. I suppose you prefer the Sarah Palin theory of climate change?

What do you think of the situation of a large number of states in the US acting more or less independantly of the Feds when it became clear that action from the federal administration wasn't exactly forthcoming?

El Kabong Guest

Yes go right ahead and try and discredit my view simply because I disagree with Al Gore. Sure I could bring up past stories about Global Warming, Global Cooling, or Climate Change from waaaaaay back in the day and all the choas and havoc they thought was going to go on and we're still here but that wouldn't matter as "new science" has provided new theories and new hypothesi about what affect we're having on the Earth. All I am saying is Al Gore is wrong and I have an opinion that's different from his, I'm not trying to sell books or movies or light bulbs and I don't benefit at all from having a different view, infact I suffer because recognizing "global warming/cooling/climate change" is the DEFAULT position of universities, the media, and so on but there are scientists who I agree with but it doesn't matter as everyone tries to discredit them as well.....so compare me with Sarah Palin if you like, I don't like her, I don't think like her but that too is the DEFAULT position of the left, whenever a Republican, Conservative, or anyone else disagrees with you just call them stupid...don't try and have a debate with them, don't have an intelligent conversation with them, just insult their intelligence and leave it at that.

Thread Information