Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Darts final tonight

Anyone gonna watch this? I quite like the darts, would like to see Barney win!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Darts final tonight

Alright they mate.Yeh i love playing darts even known i pretty crap at it.I do get better as i warm up in the game.Mind you saying that i usually play 301 instead on the 501 like the big fella's.Yeh Taylor won yet againhe is unstoppable when he gets into it.Barney did'nt seem to go throw all of his gears.

Good to see another darts fan on here.I was going to make a thread based on dart but did'nt think anyone on here you be a fan.

Did you have a bet on it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah im the same man, just play 301, Im play decent up till about 6 pints then it all go's out the window
    nah didn't bother betting on it, havent had a bet in a while actually, u win any money? I'd say the odds on Taylor were brutal!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had backed Barney earlier in the comp to win outright. Taylor was awesome after the first 3-4 sets. Never even gave the Barney backers a run for our money

Although backing against Taylor just makes you a proper MUG anyway.

(I backed against Taylor THREE times in the comp )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah im the same man, just play 301, Im play decent up till about 6 pints then it all go's out the window
    nah didn't bother betting on it, havent had a bet in a while actually, u win any money? I'd say the odds on Taylor were brutal!

Ha,yeh i get a bit ropey after a few pints!301 is a great game with yeah mates.If i were to play 501 i'd be there all day and night trying to finish,ha.Nar mate i did'nt bet on the final,though my mate gave me a tip a few weeks ago to back Barney each-way to reach the final and he won £140 for just coming second.Great odds at 6/1 for Barney for a each-way bet.

Whats your favourite double to start the game with?
    My's double 10!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love my darts - have always had a board up

Taylor is on another level - and back to better than his best. He is that good I really don't mind watching him thrash people as its just stunning throwing. How can you be that accurate ALL the time ?!?

I really hopes he gets recognition for what he has done at some stage from outside of darts. No other player has dominated a sport for so long EVER. And no one has been that much better than everyone else and kept raising the bar.

I don't even flick onto the BBC event - a world championship in name only....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aye,Taylor is a great great player.Last night,his adverages were 108,which is really high.Its very rare that he gets anything under 100 from three darts.To win the PDC 14 times says it all.Barney did'nt seem to get in the swing of things.Barney has played better before!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

Ha,yeh i get a bit ropey after a few pints!301 is a great game with yeah mates.If i were to play 501 i'd be there all day and night trying to finish,ha.Nar mate i did'nt bet on the final,though my mate gave me a tip a few weeks ago to back Barney each-way to reach the final and he won £140 for just coming second.Great odds at 6/1 for Barney for a each-way bet.

My's double 10!!
    that was great odds for Barney, probably would have thrown a few quid down if I knew that! On the doubles I love double 16 or 8! nothing worse when your stuck on double 1 to finish though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

My's double 10!!
    that was great odds for Barney, probably would have thrown a few quid down if I knew that! On the doubles I love double 16 or 8! nothing worse when your stuck on double 1 to finish though!

God,i hate when you get caught on a double1(Madhouse!)to finish the game.Yeh,the odds for Barny on a each-way bet were great.My mate actually got £180 for coming in at second!!Not bad!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I love my darts - have always had a board up

Taylor is on another level - and back to better than his best. He is that good I really don't mind watching him thrash people as its just stunning throwing. How can you be that accurate ALL the time ?!?

I really hopes he gets recognition for what he has done at some stage from outside of darts. No other player has dominated a sport for so long EVER. And no one has been that much better than everyone else and kept raising the bar.

I don't even flick onto the BBC event - a world championship in name only....
    Was thinking about this yesterday actually. Taylor has won the world title 14 times now? He's also won the Lakeside tournement as well? Incredible really, interesting too how the younger players never seem to break the strangle hold that the older statesmen have on the titles. I dont have Sky sports so I do watch the BDO on BBC, Really glad Ted Hankey won, he's my fav.

How do Taylors achievements stack up to that say of Steve Redgrave?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand that count cunt Hankey.

Was loving it when he bottled all those doubles for the match

Because of the closeness that was a better final to watch than Taylor beating Barney.. although judging by the averages Ted cunt Hankey wouldn't have won a single set against Taylor. Incredible

As for young players.. James Wade is only 25. He's won three TV majors on Sky, is ranked two and did a 9 darter live on ITV4 the other month. He also lost 2-3 TV finals last year against Taylor.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive heard of James Wade, Im not a hardcore darts fan, if I had Sky sports I'd watch more for sure but the big 2 always seem to be won by the older players. Taylor aside Barney is the only player I can remember winning the PDC title. As for the BDO do they have any young talent? I only tuned in at semi final stages.

Are the PDC THAT much better or is it just Taylor? How do 'the rest' stack up PDC against BDO?

I'd love to go to a darts event, looks a great crack. Anyone ever been?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what i read from the Darts lovers, the BDO is still important at grass roots level. All the money/glamour/prestige is with the PDC (which is obvious to see)

The standard is definitely higher overall in the PDC, even without Taylor, going by the averages and my eyes.. although players like the BDO no.1 Gary Anderson is a superb player (has held his own against Taylor and the rest in PDC-BDO joint comps over the last couple of years), who the PDC continually try to entice over.

Thread Information