0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Days I Hate Being Involved In Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    waaat
    Didnt know that little hiccup in the law?
    If it can be proven in a court of law,that your ability to create violence,if trained ,no matter who started it,your going to be at the very least partially responsible.
    There is a reason I dont let my boxers go in to bars,nothing good is going to come of it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well...my 'waaaat' was just a general kinda waaaaaat like this 'waaaat ' thee fuk. No need to assume it refers to anything and is any more then an interjection of bewilderment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    I thought TM was going to say something about Kid Thunder.

But after reading the story, I'm with a few others... not really a boxing story per se, or one that involves boxing at all. Just some sort of drunken hillbilly shit with a gun.

Not a classic anecdote, really. And frankly, a bit of a mislead. Should have been titled something more like, "Some Days I Hate Living In West Virginia with all this White Trash."
    Not at all. I'm with Trainer on this one. If you are trained in the art of pugilism, or some other martial art, then if push comes to shove your training will be held against you in a court of law. Makes perfect sense. Your training puts extra legal onus on you to avoid physical conflict with the "general public" as much as is reasonably possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    I thought TM was going to say something about Kid Thunder.

But after reading the story, I'm with a few others... not really a boxing story per se, or one that involves boxing at all. Just some sort of drunken hillbilly shit with a gun.

Not a classic anecdote, really. And frankly, a bit of a mislead. Should have been titled something more like, "Some Days I Hate Living In West Virginia with all this White Trash."
    Not at all. I'm with Trainer on this one. If you are trained in the art of pugilism, or some other martial art, then if push comes to shove your training will be held against you in a court of law. Makes perfect sense. Your training puts extra legal onus on you to avoid physical conflict with the "general public" as much as is reasonably possible.
    Bingo,when you go up the ranks in the martial arts,any martial art including boxing,you should be warned,that if you deck the SOB,you might be held more accountable then the other guy.
    Its assumed you have more control and more training,so you could have avoided laying him out.
    I know thats horseshit,but thats the way it is,I mean anyone whose fought in any martial art knows you take the shot thats there,you dont have time to be a discerning shopper,but that isnt the way the court will see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make it more fun,he must think Im dumber then dogshit
    I have my boxers do laps in front of the gym to warm up,now the lap takes them past this douchebags house
    He comes out and yells at them,"I dont want you doing that,and if he doesnt like it,he can come down here and talk to me"
    Now I know what the drunken bastard is up to,if Im on his property,he's got a built in excuse,"Well he's trained,I thought he was threatening me,and here I am a poor cripple on medication"
    And trust me,if he so much as swung,as long as there were witnesses,he wouldnt swing twice. The difference between the two of us is,Id do just enough to diffuse the situation,he's itching for an excuse that .44 caliber penis extension.
    But its still frustrating, my animal instinct is to go down there and turn his face in to a slimy goo. But as a Buddhist and a martial artist,Im not allowed to do that,its against the rules. If he swung at me in public,it would be a two shot fight,I hit him,he hits the floor. But one of the rules of truly being a warrior is to not allow yourself to be goaded in to foolishness by an inferior combatant.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're unstable TM. As in not stable, probably best that you stay here, posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I think you're unstable TM. As in not stable, probably best that you stay here, posting.
    No,if I was unstable,I would have gone down there,and pasted him one.
    He's hit on my woman in my house,he's dropped a loaded .44 magnum cylinder not 10 feet from my kid,and he's now screwed with my training regiments for my fighters.
    And I havent decked his ass yet,you cant get much more stable then that.
    Just because I want to hit the guy,and he's goaded me as well as he could,doesnt mean Im stupid enough to do it,Id rather vent my frustrations on an internet board,and the fact that I didnt rise to the bait like a brook trout is only pissing him off more. Im just releasing frustrations in internet land,rather then doing it in real life land. Some days you just need some kind of vent when your pissed off, my advice,allways take the one that doesnt involve cops
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 01-12-2009 at 11:55 PM.

El Kabong Guest

So he has hit on your woman in your house and you let your kid hang out with him while he's smashed and weilding a loaded gun??

Dude...come on make some better decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    So he has hit on your woman in your house and you let your kid hang out with him while he's smashed and weilding a loaded gun??

Dude...come on make some better decisions
    You mean like leave his house,which I did,making sure the kid wasnt around before I went back?
    Its not like I even suggested,lets go visit Uncle Terry,I think he's been drinking,or said,hey do you have a fully loaded Dirty Harry gun kicking around that I could see
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 01-13-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    waaat
    my thoughts, exactly..

dude, if a drunk guy has a gun out, and your kid is in his house.. mistake #1..

if a drunk guy has a gun, and you are unarmed, yet think of fighting/neutralizing him.. mistake #2

if a drunk guy has a gun, and you are confident, absolutely confident you could take care of him without harming yourself or someone else, and you think that because you're involved in BOXING that you're going to get in trouble? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

if someone has a gun out, implying they will use it on you.. that is already threatening to you.. this is called SELF DEFENSE.. defending yourself, and in this case, your family also..

unless wherever you live the law is completely different (which i know it isn't, but just for effect) anyone is allowed to defend themselves, it is your right.. on top of that, if you are trained in martial arts or boxing or MMA or anything it is nearly irrelevant in this situation. The ONLY thing that matters, and this goes for any citizen regardless of training is that you cannot go overboard and destroy someone..

if some random guy comes out of a store, and punches you in the face and is threatening your life, you are fully aloud to neutralize him LEGALLY.. You just cannot do anything beyond that. then you will be in the illegal zone. Doesn't matter if you're a fighter, if you're 8 feet, or jesus christ himself..

the big thing about boxers being in a bar or something like that has to do with drunken people around them wanting to fight the boxer. if a boxer starts a fight, he's probably in more trouble than the next guy, but as far as defending yourself, or neutralizing a situation, a trained special agent is on the same page as an 18 year old kid who plays world of warcraft every day. it's all about intent.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    You mean like leave his house,which I did,making sure the kid wasnt around before I went back?
    Its not like I even suggested,lets go visit Uncle Terry,I think he's been drinking,or said,hey do you have a fully loaded Dirty Harry gun kicking around that I could see
    Have you talked to "Uncle Terry" when he's sober and told him what a tool he is?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a rubbish situation.. Why were you dropping your son there??
    Good question. I'd like to hear more of the backstory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Have you talked to "Uncle Terry" when he's sober and told him what a tool he is?
    Considering I wouldnt have expected him to be s-faced at 3 in the afternoon,I dont know when he WILL be sober.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say TM...That would have ended at "he shows me his 44 and spins the wheel"...with your boy in his house and him standing in your way.Lights the fawk out,no conversation needed and 99% certain you would be exonerated vs. an armed & dangerous threatening drunkard.Instinct thing?God know what he is thinking with gun in hand??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Have to say TM...That would have ended at "he shows me his 44 and spins the wheel"...with your boy in his house and him standing in your way.Lights the fawk out,no conversation needed and 99% certain you would be exonerated vs. an armed & dangerous threatening drunkard.Instinct thing?God know what he is thinking with gun in hand??
    Its the 1% I worry about,Im trying to raise a kid,enjoy my time with my wife,enjoy owning my own house,and build a buisness. Im not inclined after all the years I had to scrabble to get here,to blow it because either somebodies meds arent working,or their self-medicating is BS.
    Ive talked to the wife about it,and he's had a few financial problems,and is on new meds,we're wondering he's not thinking in his fogged head,"Its in my house,and its his word against mine,I'll sue him for everything he's worth if he hits me"
    Im taking an attitude now of,fine if he wants to be like that,he can take the first swing,but Im going to make sure its in public,with a few pillars of the community watching. I would like to avoid getting a good look at what type of jail cells WV has from the wrong side of the bars.

Thread Information