Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JMM ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JM

edwin valero?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JM

Calzaghe
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jackassess View Post
    edwin valero?
    A list of "Tuk-tuks", HOF as Brad C would coin it! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post
    Oscar Larios should be in BOLD. He's was a champion before pac and now the current WBC 126lbs Champion.

Lehlo Ledwabba was a serious TOP 15 fighter p4p and was considered the top dog @122

Jorge Julio - Is a former 2 time World Champion

Chatchai Sasakul - Is a linear Legendary Champion

Only Oscar Dela Hoya and BHOP rivals PAC's resume
    Bolded names are of those Future Hall of Famers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Calzaghe
    What's incredible about Joe's list would be the left side of it... showing only W's exclusively! Winningly discriminating of D's and L's, if you get the drift.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barring the unjustifiable Manfredo fight, Calzaghe's last half-a-dozen are top draw.

What current other fighter between 160-175 would remain unbeaten through - Lacy, Keslser, Bika, Hopkins and Roy?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Barring the unjustifiable Manfredo fight, Calzaghe's last half-a-dozen are top draw.

What current other fighter between 160-175 would remain unbeaten through - Lacy, Keslser, Bika, Hopkins and Roy?

The hate for Joe is amazing. He's beaten a whose who of the best fighters in thos weight classes and still gets no respect.

His last six fights resume is way above Marquez imo who is 4-2 after all

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

And now Juan Diaz from the top of my head, i can't think of a fighter. Who has fought that kind of level of opposition in a row. That truly is quite a list.
    Juan Manuel Marquez is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong I think Marquez is a great fighter but he has yet prove he is the great champion he is given credit for being. People (his fans) keep mentioning him with the same breath as MAB and EM. This something he hasn't earned. When did he fight EM? Juan Manuel Marquez. He fought MAB on his way down, Marquez missed his chance to "Prove" he is the great champion he is given credit for. When he refused to fight Naseem Hamed. Juan Manuel Márquez - Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia Marquez is riding on the coat tails of Manny Pacquiao. I wish Marquez would just fight with his fists and not with his mouth. But I think it's too late for this champion to do that because his on his way out. If he ever gets a rematch with Pacquiao in 2009, after Pacquiao/Hatton (depends on Mayweather. is his love for money greater than his love for being a braggart) Pacquiao will just make him look old. Take him out of the p4p top ten.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

The hate for Joe is amazing. He's beaten a whose who of the best fighters in thos weight classes and still gets no respect.

Calzaghe is hated beyond measure. Marquez is really good, but Calzaghe has done more in recent years for me. And IMO Barrera beat Marquez too, so that shoots a nail in it. Calzaghe hands down, he doesnt lose fights.

And as for Taeth saying there is a case for Hopkins beating Calzaghe. Get real. Twit.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM is not over rated he is unlucky and would have beat Naz before MAB did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've defended Calzaghe's record in the part, but saying he has fought better competition than JMM or Pac in his last several fights is absurd.

You can't just ignore the Manfredo fight though. Hopkins was a great win for Calzaghe (I feel that he lost the fight by 1 round, but I guess I must be a twit), Kessler was a great win as well (hopefully he does something in the future to justify this position), as was Lacy at the time, but Bika, Manfredo, and Jones were not great opponents IMO. Bika was a rugged 2nd tier fighter, Manfredo was Manfredo, and Jones was a shadow of what he used to be (though the way in which Calzaghe beat him was impressive).

It's a very high level of opposition, but I don't feel that it compares with that of some of the other fighters mentioned.

This isn't a shot just at you, but this fascination with fighters remaining undefeated is ridiculous. It's also one of the things slowly killing boxing. Fighters desperate to stay undefeated will carefully choose opponents in order to keep the 0 on their records. I guess it's the Rocky Marciano syndrome or something; all fighters want to retire undefeated. UFC doesn't have the same obsession with undefeated fighters and it doesn't seem to hurt their marketability at all.

And whether or not the fighter in question remained undefeated is irrelevant to the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Calzaghe is hated beyond measure. Marquez is really good, but Calzaghe has done more in recent years for me. And IMO Barrera beat Marquez too, so that shoots a nail in it. Calzaghe hands down, he doesnt lose fights.

And as for Taeth saying there is a case for Hopkins beating Calzaghe. Get real. Twit.
    Calzaghe doesn't lose fights because he hasn't fought a high level of competition for much of his career. That's not to say he isn't a great fighter, he is, but being undefeated is not the be all and end off of things and again, it has nothing to do with the original question.

As for Hopkins, I also feel he (barely) beat Calzaghe. It's no different from you feeling that Barrera beat Marquez.

I want to reiterate, I don't dislike Calzaghe, but I don't think his recent level of opposition is comparable to that of Pac, Marquez, or even Hopkins or Winky. It has been very good (lately), but it's still a step below those fighters, which is not a shot at Calzaghe in any way.
    Last edited by CFH; 01-10-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just more hot air!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with MASTER. Naz ducked Marquez and Marquez would've also done a number on him very similarly to what Barrera did.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    I'm with MASTER. Naz ducked Marquez and Marquez would've also done a number on him very similarly to what Barrera did.

Marquez was offered the Naz fight but unfortunately BOTTLED it. Fact.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I've defended Calzaghe's record in the part, but saying he has fought better competition than JMM or Pac in his last several fights is absurd.

You can't just ignore the Manfredo fight though. Hopkins was a great win for Calzaghe (I feel that he lost the fight by 1 round, but I guess I must be a twit), Kessler was a great win as well (hopefully he does something in the future to justify this position), as was Lacy at the time, but Bika, Manfredo, and Jones were not great opponents IMO. Bika was a rugged 2nd tier fighter, Manfredo was Manfredo, and Jones was a shadow of what he used to be (though the way in which Calzaghe beat him was impressive).

It's a very high level of opposition, but I don't feel that it compares with that of some of the other fighters mentioned.
    I said the Manfredo fight was unjustifiable.

Which current fighter between 160-175 do you think would remain unbeaten against those guys?

Thread Information