Thread: Paul Truscott v John Simpson RBR - Commonwealth Featherweight Title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Truscott v John Simpson RBR - Commonwealth Featherweight Title

Round 4:

Jab and a left hook from Truscott. His straight right is efficient again. Simpson finds the side of the head with an overhand right, and they trade jabs again. Jab from Truscott, and Simpson misses twice with good movement. Truscott goes in and out, peppering Simoson with jabs. Big overhand right from Simpson, then a body shot and a right, and Truscott looking in a spot of bother. The right hand of Simpson lands again and again, and Truscott looks worried. Body shot from Truscott, then a jab right combo. Two more body shots, and then Simpson drops his guard and takes three quick jabs. Simpson with a body shot, but Truscott coming back with some hooks of his own. Jab from Simpons, but Truscott lands a one-two on the bell.

Truscott rattled, but he was the better man over the three minutes.
    39-37

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got it 3-1 Simpson

Round 1: 10-9 Truscott
    Round 2: 10-9 Simpson
    Round 3: 10-9 Simpson
    Round 4: 10-9 Simpson

Simpson 39-37

I admit Truscott is outlanding Simpson, but Simpson is looking much more effective.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 5:

Close competitive one so far. As the shorter stockier guy, Simpson does seem to pack more punch. Truscott's jabs, but a right uppercut gets through from Simpson, good flurry coming back form Truscott, with a jab straight right from Truscott. Left from Simpson, but a straight right from Truscott, but takes a glancing left on the way out. Good work straight down the lines from Truscott, but he is getting caught. Body shot from Truscott, takes two back from Simpson, but Truscott back with jabs and a right hook. Good left hook from Truscott, and he is the more accurate. Simpson needs to be working harder if he wants to get the rounds against the hometown boy. They swap jabs, then Truscott bobs away from three Simpson shots. Right hand from Simpson, and they swap hooks. Jab, and two right hooks land simultaneously.

Great round again, and Truscott's chin seems to have firmed up.
    49-46

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truscott round

3-2 Simpson
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 6:

Truscott is nicking rounds for me, but it's not as wide as that in reality. They swap jabs, and an overhand right from Simpson lands. They swap jabs down the middle, then a Simpson body shot strays low. Truscott blocks a few jabs, then throws one of his own to the body. Uppercut from Simpson lands on the sternum. Tehy swap jabs, and Truscott's head rocked back a little. Truscott ducks a jab and lands a body shot. Jab-right form Simpson a good combo. Simpson swinging a little wild., but gets in two good body shots.Jab and hook from Truscott, but takes a right down the pipe. Truscott not as accurate and getting clipped more in this one.Jab and right from Truscott. Left hook, then away from Simpson. Good round once more, this one to Simpson though, who's upped it a little.

58-56

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truscott round 3-3

57 all

I have a feeling the scorecards are going to be all over the place, great matchaking here.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 7:

Truscott's right eye looks a bit bruised. Body shot from Simpson early on, but a left hook back from Truscott lands nice.Jab from Simpson lands, but the hard right misses. Good series of jabs from Truscott, who ducks a hard right hook once again. Nice left hook from Truscott, but an overhand right lands from Simpson, cutting Truscott. Truscott shipping body shots, and a jab. Truscott with a jab of his own, but a token. Jab from Truscott. They swap jabs, and a big left from Simpson. Simpson confident and composed in the centre ring. Another right from Simpson. Jabs from Truscott but Simpson walking through, and big body shots.

Simpson takes control. Nasty cut for Truscott.
    67-66 Truscott.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First clear round in the fight IMO

Simpson 10-9

4-3 Simpson

67-66 Simpson.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 8:

Replays show it was a clash of heads causing the cut. Jabs from Simpson, but three or four jabs from Truscott. Left hook from Truscott, and the right eye of Truscott is closed with the swelling. Body shot from Simpson, but Truscott coming back with a flurry of his own. Timeout for a doc to have a look at the cut. Called off on the cut, and Simpson grabs another belt on a cut.

Truscott devastated in the corner, especially as it was a clash of heads. Bit gutted for the hometown boy, but since the cut it was inevitable that Simpson would have gone on to win. Tough break for Truscott, but Simpson will get a boost from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you've got to feel for truscott, pure shame like

its were shaping out to be a realy good final 3rd
    Hidden Content kiss my face

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simpson was bossing the Fight.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simpson said afterwards: "I'd love to give him a rematch, it was a shame that the referee stopped it when he did. I felt that I was just ahead on points, but it was a tight fight. I'd absolutely give him a rematch, he was good enough to give me a shot at the title and I'd have no problems giving him a rematch."

Truscott said: "I felt I was sloppy at times, but I was coming into the fight. I was starting to let my hands go, then I got caught with the head. It wasn't his fault, but fair play to him he's the champion."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Simpson said afterwards: "I'd love to give him a rematch, it was a shame that the referee stopped it when he did. I felt that I was just ahead on points, but it was a tight fight. I'd absolutely give him a rematch, he was good enough to give me a shot at the title and I'd have no problems giving him a rematch."

Truscott said: "I felt I was sloppy at times, but I was coming into the fight. I was starting to let my hands go, then I got caught with the head. It wasn't his fault, but fair play to him he's the champion."

Gotta say Truscott's pulling on the head bugs me, he does that a lot.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trusscott wasnt enjoying it
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris "Hightower" Burton sporting a new haircut cruised to a 80-72 win over a Bulgarian Cruiserweight champion. He worked hard jabbed well and was well in control against a much smaller man.

Thread Information