Berto is a fag!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Complete Bullshit

How is he a fag? They both went to war, I thought it was a draw, but wow this fight was intense, Collazo didn't deserve 116-111, that was crap.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IT was complete bullshit!!! 116-111 berto wtf was that judge watching!!! 144-113 yeah whatever to that as well, collazo won that fight clearly and the hbo guys were all like well could rounds 6 and 7 be swing rounds, well in that case you could have went and scored round 12 for collazo if we're just gonna be blind, fuckin bullshit. I don't get worked up about decisions this often but its fuckin sad to see a tough hard workin fighter like collazo basically get jobbed because berto is hbo's next big thing, not berto's fault but fuckin hbo and the judges!! Wtf!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the way he's completely protected, from when his corner cut off his glove between rounds in his fight against Cosme Rivera, and the way he's given a gift tonight, 116-111, plz, i bet you if Lewis was to open up his mouth right now, he'd have Berto's pubes all over his tongue fucking nut hugger, sorry but Lewis should be taken off HBO, rather listen to Roy Jones doin commentary, at least he wouldn't go around making every damn thing about himself with smug comments as "The reason I WAS SO GREAT" bullshit

ICB Guest

I missed 3 and a half rounds because my link went down, so i'll score it tomorrow. But it looked like a very close fight and saying this fight was a robbery, would be an injustice to both fighters. Overall the FOTY so far Luis Collazo's workrate shocked me, and so did Andre Berto's heart. He showed a champions heart clearly winning the last 2 rounds to pull out a close win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your talking out of your ass, it was a close fight, finally clean decisive punches counted for something, why aren't you complaining about the bs point being taken away in the 4th round for holding, when they were both doing it, or the knockdown, that wasn't really a knockdown. That is bullshit. It was a close fight, but Berto was throwing real punches, and finally that was taken into account. People need to realize you can't throw punches like Calzaghe and always get the nod. Berto landed more, he landed harder, and a lot of things the ref did went Collazo's way. I agree the 116-111 was BS, but 114-113 certainly wasn't.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I am talking out of my ass I don't know. I didn't think the point deduction was that bs honestly, he got warned several times before for it, so he knew it was comming. Although the point was taken on a bullshit hold because both were holding. As for the fight itself I'll rewatch it again tomorrow, but I was rooting hard for collazo so that may have clouded my judgement but I think I'll still have collazo winning by two rounds. Also again the reason I think there was shady shit going on is the 116-111 score that's just utter crap even if you're the biggest berto fan! Amazing fight tho!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Maybe I am talking out of my ass I don't know. I didn't think the point deduction was that bs honestly, he got warned several times before for it, so he knew it was comming. Although the point was taken on a bullshit hold because both were holding. As for the fight itself I'll rewatch it again tomorrow, but I was rooting hard for collazo so that may have clouded my judgement but I think I'll still have collazo winning by two rounds. Also again the reason I think there was shady shit going on is the 116-111 score that's just utter crap even if you're the biggest berto fan! Amazing fight tho!!!
    I agree with Kellerman and Lewis that it's tough to take pts for holding when Berto was obviously hurt. 116-111 was BS, true - but the judges weren't really crediting Collazo's flurries that had no power. They were looking at Berto's power shots (he landed almost 50%). Berto made this way harder than it needed to be and we saw how the fight would have gone when he decided to keep his distance and box Collazo. I didn't think Berto won, but I could understand the 114-113. Tough loss for Collazo and despite what Berto said, he won't get a rematch anytime soon.
    DC Amateur Boxing
    The Largest Online Amateur Boxing Resource
    with over 4 million total views since March 2008!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Incompetent judging, as usual, ruins a good fight. Both fighters left it all out there... shame anybody had to lose. I thought Collazo clearly won. But I started getting suspicious when the commentators kept on mentioning how Berto is supposed to fill in the void left by departing fighters such as Roy Jones Jr., DLH, and the retired Mayweather. So it wasn't surprising that the judges protected HBO's latest protege.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Berto is a fag!
    Bad rep for a chump remark.. grow up man, he fought the fight he didnt judge it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To say its a robbery, is just plain dumb... There were a few swing rounds that could have been scored either way...

Collazo is a tough,tough fighter who showed out tonite... He threw 200 more punches then Berto, but Andre landed more and threw the harder shots..

Luis makes people look bad because he is a slick southpaw.. I agree 116-111 was retarded, but it was far from a robbery and even Luis himself admitted that 116-111 was ridiculous that it should have been 114-113 on all three cards... He admitted himself he lost

Andre fought an ugly fight plain and simple, but he showed heart and determination and like Kellerman said another dimension and another gear..

All of the greats have had ugly fights were they looked like not elite, but they dig it out, go back to the gym and make adjustments

Collazo is a stylistic nightmare for anyone, people before the fight were proclaiming Luis was a good fighter and would beat Berto, Andre beats him and then your hating on his win from beating a good fighter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    In that situation he was barely holding, and Collazo certainly was rushing in there in such a way, he had no choice but to hold, I don't think he was hurt in any of the rounds I saw(the rounds I didn't I went by Ledderman who is the worst judge ever, but he was way too biased for Collazo). I agree that 116-111 is crap, but that was only one card, it wasn't like everyone scored like that, like they did in Marquez-Barrera, Hopkins-Wright. Those were crap, this was one judge being crap the rest had honest scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    To say its a robbery, is just plain dumb... There were a few swing rounds that could have been scored either way...

Collazo is a tough,tough fighter who showed out tonite... He threw 200 more punches then Berto, but Andre landed more and threw the harder shots..

Luis makes people look bad because he is a slick southpaw.. I agree 116-111 was retarded, but it was far from a robbery and even Luis himself admitted that 116-111 was ridiculous that it should have been 114-113 on all three cards... He admitted himself he lost

Andre fought an ugly fight plain and simple, but he showed heart and determination and like Kellerman said another dimension and another gear..

All of the greats have had ugly fights were they looked like not elite, but they dig it out, go back to the gym and make adjustments

Collazo is a stylistic nightmare for anyone, people before the fight were proclaiming Luis was a good fighter and would beat Berto, Andre beats him and then your hating on his win from beating a good fighter...
    Maybe people should also watch Ali-Doug JOnes, Ali-Norton,... there were a lot of fights where he looked bad, Roy JOnes vs Montell Griffin 1, Mayweather vs Castillo I, Leonard-Duran 1, Duran-De Jesus I, Robinson-Lamotta I, Robinson-Turpin I, Robinson-Basilio. I was surprised Berto came in such bad shape, I mean he weighed in at 153-154 against Forbes, he should have done that tonight, there is no excuse for him being that heavy. He has the technical ability, he just needs to work on maintaining that concentration. We've seen Chad Dawson outbox guys like Tarver, Harding, Adamek, all really good fighters, but when he went in against a high output guy with a great chin, he really had difficulties. Collazo is a worldclass fighter who really only lost other fights because he was gunshy, but he was the furthest thing from gunshy tonight. Great fighters can have bad nights, its part of the game, but they also know how to dig deep, they also have amazing talent. I think this will make Berto a way better boxer, and certainly hasn't made me think he is worse than I originally did. Collazo is a really good fighter who fought the best he could possibly fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Incompetent judging, as usual, ruins a good fight. Both fighters left it all out there... shame anybody had to lose. I thought Collazo clearly won. But I started getting suspicious when the commentators kept on mentioning how Berto is supposed to fill in the void left by departing fighters such as Roy Jones Jr., DLH, and the retired Mayweather. So it wasn't surprising that the judges protected HBO's latest protege.
    1 incompetent judge, even if he had scored it for Collazo, Berto would have won. Once again why aren't you complaining about the ref?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    1 incompetent judge, even if he had scored it for Collazo, Berto would have won. Once again why aren't you complaining about the ref?
    I'm sorry, I must've missed something. What about the ref?

Thread Information