Cool Clicks

Default 205 shake out

Guys w/ legit title contention
    Jackson, Forrest, Machida, Thiago

Guys 1-3 fights from title contention
    Liddel, Wandy, Jardine, Franklin

Outside looking in
    Bonnar, Vera, Hamil, Shogun

The only person I'd give a title shot to right now is either Forrest or the Machida/Thiago winner. Since we are all pretty sure Forrest isn't getting an immediate title shot lest assume its the latter

I think the Jardine/Jackson winner should fight Forrest. You get a needed rematch scenario either way with the winner earning a title shot at the Machida/Thiago vs Rashad fight.

Lets just say that Chuck beats Shogun and Franklin fights Wandy. I'd still put Chuck/Wandy/Franklin 2 fights away from a title shot. They would need a win over 2 of these Jardine/Jackson/Machida/Thiago/Rashad. If Franklin were to beat Wandy and face the winner of Chuck/Shogun then I think a win over either of the previously mentioned 5 would work.

Shogun would need a 2005 type showing against Chuck and at least 2 more quality LHW before he is even in title contention. I know Bonnar is on the comback trail and a win over Vera or Hamil would be a good stepping stone. Throw in a rematch with Jardine and he too would be 1-3 fights away.

The wild card is obviously Anderson Silva deciding to take more LHW fights. I think against the right Champ (not machida) he instantly gets the nod and the division gets that much more exciting. If GSP wins against Penn I don't think Silva makes the jump any time soon.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 205 shake out

If Rampage beats Jardine, then I think he's mandatory

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I left out up and comer Luiz Cane...He has a TBA opponent for 97. With a good win over a "name" he could be in the mix as well

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    This may definately happen but I think Forrest is just as worthy and a win by either would cement there contention. If Machida wins its hard to deny him a shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    This may definately happen but I think Forrest is just as worthy and a win by either would cement there contention. If Machida wins its hard to deny him a shot
    I read something from a Dana White interview that Machida is #1 contender if he beats Thiago.

Which I think he will.

Then I guess Page is next in line if he beats Jardine, unless like you said they want to get Forrest back in the mix.

UFC has so many legit LHW its awesome. Much better than back in the Chuck reign of terror.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for arguments sake lets say Affliction makes it another card or two before it goes under. Babalu and Lil Nog will probably fight..I'd be strongly leaning towards Lil Nog in this one. I think you could see the winner or both also eventually make it into the UFC LHW ranks. If Dana times it right he could bring them in as some fresh blood once the LHW shakes out some. Tons of possibilities out there

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Guys w/ legit title contention
    Jackson, Forrest, Machida, Thiago

Guys 1-3 fights from title contention
    Liddel, Wandy, Jardine, Franklin

Outside looking in
    Bonnar, Vera, Hamil, Shogun

The only person I'd give a title shot to right now is either Forrest or the Machida/Thiago winner. Since we are all pretty sure Forrest isn't getting an immediate title shot lest assume its the latter

I think the Jardine/Jackson winner should fight Forrest. You get a needed rematch scenario either way with the winner earning a title shot at the Machida/Thiago vs Rashad fight.

Lets just say that Chuck beats Shogun and Franklin fights Wandy. I'd still put Chuck/Wandy/Franklin 2 fights away from a title shot. They would need a win over 2 of these Jardine/Jackson/Machida/Thiago/Rashad. If Franklin were to beat Wandy and face the winner of Chuck/Shogun then I think a win over either of the previously mentioned 5 would work.

Shogun would need a 2005 type showing against Chuck and at least 2 more quality LHW before he is even in title contention. I know Bonnar is on the comback trail and a win over Vera or Hamil would be a good stepping stone. Throw in a rematch with Jardine and he too would be 1-3 fights away.

The wild card is obviously Anderson Silva deciding to take more LHW fights. I think against the right Champ (not machida) he instantly gets the nod and the division gets that much more exciting. If GSP wins against Penn I don't think Silva makes the jump any time soon.
    If Chucks wins this next fight he will get a Title Rematch with Evans, Liddell is Dana White's right hand man.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information