Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite places to visit in North America (incl. Mexico)?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Your favorite places to visit in North America (incl. Mexico)?

I'm thinking of taking a trip, somewhere in North America, and I'm trying to decide where. Problem is, I'm fucking terrified of flying, so I'll be taking trains/buses if at all possible. I'm thinking of heading down to Mexico, but that would mean flying, so I've decided to consider places in the U.S. and Canada as well. For some reason, I'm thinking San Fransisco would be a cool place to visit. I live on the west coast, so it wouldn't be too far away or too expensive to get to either.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your favorite places to visit in North America (incl. Mexico)?

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I'm thinking of taking a trip, somewhere in North America, and I'm trying to decide where. Problem is, I'm fucking terrified of flying, so I'll be taking trains/buses if at all possible. I'm thinking of heading down to Mexico, but that would mean flying, so I've decided to consider places in the U.S. and Canada as well. For some reason, I'm thinking San Fransisco would be a cool place to visit. I live on the west coast, so it wouldn't be too far away or too expensive to get to either.

Any suggestions?
    Travel the coast bro, hit up Lincoln City, OR and Trinidad, CA then end up in San Fran.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you been to Las Vegas yet?

You can plan a trip there, when there is a fight going on, this way you can also go to your first live fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you have a car?

El Kabong Guest

Boston, NYC, Dallas, Miami...I love all of North Carolina the mountains, the beach, the Piedmont (where I live).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Any suggestions?
    Travel the coast bro, hit up Lincoln City, OR and Trinidad, CA then end up in San Fran.
    I've been thinking about doing the coast. The Ore. coast in particular. Where are Lincoln and Trinidad, and what are they like?

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Have you been to Las Vegas yet?

You can plan a trip there, when there is a fight going on, this way you can also go to your first live fight.
    Don't think that would appeal to my girlfriend. To be honest, aside from big fights, Vegas holds very little allure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Do you have a car?
    I have a shitty '99 Pontiac. So no. But I could rent one.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Boston, NYC, Dallas, Miami...I love all of North Carolina the mountains, the beach, the Piedmont (where I live).
    I'd love to get out to the east some day. If I make it to NC, you can have the honor of buying me cheap American beer while we argue about politics and hockey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Myself, I like driving places, on my own schedule. If I had the dough, my first choice would be a driving tour. I'd be picking my own routes, stops, and timetable. I wouldn't even have to go far. BC is a beautiful place, and I think you said you hadn't seen a lot of it. Or maybe I'd rent a wilderness cabin at a fishing resort, or something like that. You like fishing?

Of course, driving your own car will probably cost you a a fair bit more than a train or bus ride.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Myself, I like driving places, on my own schedule. If I had the dough, my first choice would be a driving tour. I'd be picking my own routes, stops, and timetable. I wouldn't even have to go far. BC is a beautiful place, and I think you said you hadn't seen a lot of it. Or maybe I'd rent a wilderness cabin at a fishing resort, or something like that. You like fishing?

Of course, driving your own car will probably cost you a a fair bit more than a train or bus ride.
    I'm with you there. I'd love to do something like that.

I haven't seen much of BC at all. I've spent a lot of time in Vancouver and in various places on the Island, but aside from a road trip to Alberta I went on when I was 19, I haven't seen much else.

As for fishing, I like the idea of it. I always enjoyed hanging out on my uncles little boat and fishing with him and his friends, but I hated (and still hate) killing the fish after I catch it. I know that sounds lame and hippie-ish (I swear I'm not a hippie), but it's how I feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honeymooned at Mt Washington New Hampshire,the view is stunning. Pinnacle Rock in West Virginia never gets old,the Lower East of NYC is allways cool for the more gritty end of life,theres a bunch of others as well

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know my argument It's my belief that Northern California has absolutely everything and one wouldn't need to travel outside of it's quarters. With that said I've traveled the country, the drive is amazing but you have to be prepared to look at the same stuff over and over again.

If you come to San Francisco just let me know beforehand.

Las Vegas is a good suggestion Vegas is nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amat knows of what he speaks, Northern Cal is beautiful. The Coast Highway is an amazing drive. Redwood Forest also is a jaw dropper. Big Sur is great also.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would visit either Utah or New Jersey. Or International Falls, Minnesota in the winter.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pheonix Arizona for me i stayed there a whole summer and loved it. but i really want to go to Cali some time soon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Any suggestions?
    I've been thinking about doing the coast. The Ore. coast in particular. Where are Lincoln and Trinidad, and what are they like?

There you go you can hit up Seattle and Portland on the way if you want.

Lincoln City is a little touristy, but there are some cool restaurants and hotels. The area is absolutely beautiful though lots of cheap eats.
    Last time I stayed there I stayed at Lincoln City hotel - Looking Glass Inn Lincoln City Oregon hotel,motel Pretty amazing views and reasonably priced.

Trinidad is a sleepy art community, at least it used to be, haven't been there in ages.
    Last edited by killersheep; 01-23-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information