Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What A Complete Douche

Court time.

I'd much rather be given the respect of the other team not treating me like a retard then being humoured by them. They made a big deal out of it by appologising... I'm sure it's not the first time that they've lost by a massive margin, they haven't won a game in 4 seasons... yet they keep playing... they obviously just enjoy it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I KO'd a kid with one punch... simply wasn't good enough to be in the ring with me. Said nothing to him. What could I say?

I bet he'd be pretty upset if my dad then sent him a letter apologizing because I beat him so badly.

Does Dyslexia really affect them that badly? my twin is Dyslexic and he's extremely athletic and a pretty handy boxer...

If the other team were that bad then the match shouldn't have been played in the first place... once the game is going you can't just say "we're winning, stop the game". the other coach can forfeit... but that's his choice...

100 points over 4 quarters isn't that ludicrous.... basketball is very high paced... what were they going to do... dribble the ball around not shooting on purpose? more humiliating then just doing what you would do against any other team in my opinion.

At the end of the day it's just a fucking game.
    good point on dyslexia, a basketball handicap it ain't.

good last point point also. Plus if you look closely at the story, nobody on the losing team was all that scarred or humiliated anyway.
    What did it serve to beat them 100-0
    To prove you can beat a private school that specializes in learning disabilities?
    Well they havent won a game in 4 years,so Im pretty sure that was a given.
    Oh you wanted to prove that you could humiliate them.
    Way to live up to both your christian ideals,and the idea that high school sports are supposed to be learning good sportsmanship.
    Nothing says good sportsmanship like 100-0
    Other then maybe waiting until theyre on the ground and putting the boot in just because you can
    well that's fine, except in my previous post, I said that dyslexia has nothing to do with basketball. I also questioned whether or not it was all that humiliating, as compared to just playing keep away, or maybe letting them score a few points. I'm sure the losing side wouldn't be happy if the winners actually let them score a few baskets, or just handed them the ball. You think they'd feel better if they only lost 60-0 knowing the winners weren't even trying?

tempest in a teapot. The losers said themselves they weren't humiliated.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, what are you going to do? Play keep away with them... they're going to feel like they're the 'fall guys' in a harlem globe trotters exhibition.

Ask them to forfeit because you're beating them so badly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Exactly, what are you going to do? Play keep away with them... they're going to feel like they're the 'fall guys' in a harlem globe trotters exhibition.

Ask them to forfeit because you're beating them so badly?
    There's no mercy rule in high school girls basketball
    Cmon,if Joe Paterno can pull back on the throttle in 1-A College Football,I think a high school female basketball coach could find a way to do it leading I dont know 60-0

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have mixed feelings on this. I also would like to know, as it isn't entirely clear, to what extent the learning disabilities go. It isn't only dyslexia from what i've read (which I agree means nothing in the world of sports).

I know that around here for hockey, other sports too, it is considered pretty bad form to run up a score on a team when the end result is inevitable. Generally the coach will pull his best players and give the players who might be more sideline players more ice time and stuff like that. This coach says he did that. The other coach say not in regard to the defence.

I also know that personally, I've had a fight en route to a championship on which I was asked that if it got lopsided to go easy, as the person I was fighting was a stand in for a no show and may not be too good (even tho 2 years older). It placed me in a bit of an awkward position. Here I have trained my ass off for a year for this week of championships, and now I have to go easy? As it turned out...the guy came out at the bell and smoked me one first...so that made what I had to do easier. But I soon knew he was no competition and just landed punches to make pts. Not really hitting hard. Felt like I screwed up almost when they called a RSC2 30 seconds into 2nd rd as pts were 22-1.

It was a dbl edge sword, in that I was glad I won, but didn't feel tested to give it my all. I got to amend this feeling by fighting the person who dropped out a few weeks later...so this helped. KD'd his ass.

There may well be more going on here that we don't know about. Maybe the players who were winning felt pressured to run up the score. Maybe the guy is a fughead over-agressive type when it comes to coaching and has little for values outside of wininng? They do exist. Maybe he was dancing and high 5ing the players every pt after 50-0 coming to the bench? So basically I would really need more info. to make a judgement on it personally, is my overall opinion.

I don't think I'd let the score get up that high coaching, if I could help it...personally, and especially on a team with such a poor record.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 01-26-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and for the record if you check the story,the coach did pull up,right after they scored 100 points midway through the 4th quarter. He just wanted to score 100 points.
    He's a douche

El Kabong Guest

I think you could at least "fall asleep" on defense once or twice or even foul them while they are shooting so they can get to the charity stripe.

That coach deserved to be canned

Now if it was High School football, hell no. Some scrubs in football never get the chance to score touchdowns much less PLAY and as long as you're not blitzing or running trick plays then you are good IMO.

I played on a couple of sorry ass football teams, nobody held up when they dropped 70 on us. And when I was on good football teams we didn't stop playing hard when we were blowing teams out of the water....the talent level changed but not the effort given.

You learn a lot by how you lose BUT there is a point where kids (I repeat KIDS) shut down and don't learn to give 100% even when you're losing or learn that there are days when you just don't have it and you have to get back to the grind tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I think you could at least "fall asleep" on defense once or twice or even foul them while they are shooting so they can get to the charity stripe.

That coach deserved to be canned

Now if it was High School football, hell no. Some scrubs in football never get the chance to score touchdowns much less PLAY and as long as you're not blitzing or running trick plays then you are good IMO.

I played on a couple of sorry ass football teams, nobody held up when they dropped 70 on us. And when I was on good football teams we didn't stop playing hard when we were blowing teams out of the water....the talent level changed but not the effort given.

You learn a lot by how you lose BUT there is a point where kids (I repeat KIDS) shut down and don't learn to give 100% even when you're losing or learn that there are days when you just don't have it and you have to get back to the grind tomorrow.
    Im pretty sure if the coach had something along the lines of,"Hey my bad,I got caught up in the heat of the moment" he'd still be gainfully employed.
    Not this guy,he had to send out a snippy email that basically said,"Hey we were right to grind their nose in it"
    Im pretty sure thats what got him canned

El Kabong Guest

That and I heard there were special needs kids playing ball on the other side......that's pretty fucking foul if true IMO.

He's no different than Steve Spurrier IMO....I loved it when "the old ball coach" got his shit kicked in by Nebraska in 1995-1996

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They had a fullcourt press on

My brother got to play at a reasonably high level of football, he was on the repeat national champions for JUCO, they ended up having 21 D1 players and 3 NFL players (Gibril Wilson, Paasha Jackson and one other whom I don't know) and they once ran up the score to over 150 points on a semi-pro football team before the season's first game. They had 21 points called back on penalties and afterwards all they heard about was those 21 points.

No word on if those semipro football players were retarded.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What JUCO team?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be more humiliated by the world reading I'm a sports retard just because i get letters mixed up occasionally when I write than any loss.

Sure the coach took it way too seriously but I still think the article is worse.

I also don't think any analogies to boxing or contact sports are fair. Of course if someone is getting hit physically you go easy or point score rather than KO.

The competition is not worth doing someone extra physical damage but a high school game of basketball is not like that at all - it is already only points - until some idiot makes it national news and humiliates the loosing team!

I'd bet the loosing team disintegrates now and it'll have nothing to do with the loss and everything to do with this unwanted attention for being on a loosing streak and that humiliation. The whole thing should have been handled with a lot more discretion or just let go.

Being on a loosing team and still finishing and having fun with it is character building. It keeps things in perspective - says you know what this is fun and it's ok not to be perfect. I'm here to hang out with my friends and just give it a go. Some things are just more important than others. Now they can't have that without it being equalling national humiliation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    I'd be more humiliated by the world reading I'm a sports retard just because i get letters mixed up occasionally when I write than any loss.

Sure the coach took it way too seriously but I still think the article is worse.

I also don't think any analogies to boxing or contact sports are fair. Of course if someone is getting hit physically you go easy or point score rather than KO.

The competition is not worth doing someone extra physical damage but a high school game of basketball is not like that at all - it is already only points - until some idiot makes it national news and humiliates the loosing team!

I'd bet the loosing team disintegrates now and it'll have nothing to do with the loss and everything to do with this unwanted attention for being on a loosing streak and that humiliation. The whole thing should have been handled with a lot more discretion or just let go.

Being on a loosing team and still finishing and having fun with it is character building. It keeps things in perspective - says you know what this is fun and it's ok not to be perfect. I'm here to hang out with my friends and just give it a go. Some things are just more important than others. Now they can't have that without it being equalling national humiliation!
    The ref can stop a fight

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    The ref can stop a fight
    .....they COULD but usually they don't otherwise Gerald McClellan would have won by 1st round TKO over Nigel Benn and wouldn't be partially blind, deaf, paralyzed, and living in a trailer on very little if any income.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    What JUCO team?
    City College Of San Francisco, it's the most successful JUCO program in the sport though it's actually on a slide, lost 5 games last year with Chris Forni (my high school's quarterback) at helm and they don't have anywhere near 21 D1 players anymore. That's nuts.

I don't know if we have any Sooner fans but Lance Mitchell and Paasha Jackson both went to CCSF so did Chijoke Onyenegecha who was the biggest JUCO recruit that whole year. Chijoke was ridiculous but he ended up getting the lowest Wonderlic score of all time and plays in Canada now.

But yeah JUCO football almost operates at a higher level then D1AA or AAA. Their games were nuts. George Rush the coach has been offered the defensive coordinator jobs at USC and Cal and has declined them all.

Goddamn I dont think anybody cares at all I feel like such a clown. But you asked.

Thread Information