Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Fighters do u MOST dislike? And WHY?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Fighters do u MOST dislike? And WHY?

The fighters I weren't/aren't fans of:

Nigel Benn (hated his personality...the typical school bully/hardnut who got embaressed by both Watson and Eubank)

Joe Calzaghe (I could write an essay about how much I hate this twat - Inside and outside the ring)

Antonio Margarito (Was always a club fighter blessed with a chin made of god knows what..Was hyped far too much. Nobody had the resilience to execute their game plan and expose him properly- Cue Sugar Shane Mosely)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyd - for handpicking abc title holder throughout his career, going up in weight without fighting big names, retiring while his division was filled with great competition = pussy.

Joe - i like joe before he started talking; he thinks he so great and his so proud of himself...blah blah blah

Ruiz - i never liked this guy, I SWEAR HE SPARK THE BEGINNING OF THE WORST HEAVYWEIGHT ERA EVER! WE SHOULD ALL BLAME RUIZ FOR THE CURRENT CONDITION OF HEAVYWEIGHTS. THEY ARE ALL LIKE HIM NOW, FUCK.

Vic Darchinyan - haha my boy spark this fool.

Hamed - another loudmouth that got embarrased.

Casamayor - cause he talked a lot of shit about chico, castillo and other fighters. he run his mouth bout this and that.

Arce - i can't stand this guy, i rather see him knocked out by vic then vic knocked out by him cause i've seen vic knocked out already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike Mayweathers character but you gotta love the way he fights.
    Ill also like to say I dislike the way Margarito fights and if he did try the plaster thing ill dislike him as a person.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gerald McClellan - just a total piece of shit got what he deserved from life

Livingstone Bramble. Another piece of shit that deserves to die a horrible death.

Vinny Pazienza. Just hate the guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since dislike is the term used instead of hate, then I am willing to lay down my two cents' worth, and give a stab at this. However, if it was the later, then definitely, I am not one to hating people for earning a living.

Exception maybe to that guy who got caught, knowingly causing harm in using loaded wraps!

Here goes....

Roy Jones Jr - I saw RJJ very early in his career, and somehow being very young, Jones' brashness struck me as, too much of a "Sugar Ray Leonard" over, over drive. SRL can get away with it durinig that time, but surely to me personally, RJJ did not have the "it" to overdo showing up his opponents. Humbleness is lost on the man in his early days, and that thing is what I disliked about him.

Hector Camacho Sr. - For the antics, and the outfits. The antics and outfits, detract from the skill on display whenever he fights, to be marveled at. At the time I wouldn't even trade watching TV reruns with his fights. Recently, I was just watching one of his fights on ESPN classic, and marveled at how good he really was. My son, got a glimpse of the fight, was made to comment in a negative pitch as to the lack of decency in Camacho's outfit, and the twirl on the bangs! Was he gay? I burst out laughing ... my thoughts exactly during the day!

Evander Holyfield - mostly for beating Mike Tyson employing more than just boxing skills to achieve this. I think you smell a rat when there is one, and somehow wherever, whatever... he is on, he is at, leaves me with that feeling... Fake! To borrow from one of our Saddo Bros here, "the contradiction". This is just my personal obsevations, thus deriving at such personal distaste. I mean no disrespect whatsoever, it is what it is, a statement on a personal level. (sorry I forgot who it was with credit for that coin "contradiction", otherwise I would have mentioned -surely).
    Last edited by KananKrus; 01-29-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post

Livingstone Bramble. Another piece of shit that deserves to die a horrible death.

Vinny Pazienza. Just hate the guy.
    Man,Im with you on face first pound my gloves on my stomach-my mom cries watching my fights- Pazienza..............but thats just brutal??No love for the Rasta-man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bramble used to torture animals. Someone should torture him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd - Hate his attitude but can't argue against his skills.

Pac - Massivley over rated by his fans and I still dont think he has beaten a fighter who was at their best
    Ditto.

Juan Marquez - He is a good boxer but I think he is abit queer
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cotto - As weird as it may sound, I like the guy, its just certain fans that make me want to see him lose again.

Dayum!

RoyJonesJr - Don't like how he tries to humiliate his opponents in the ring. Felt bad for Trinidad.

Antonio Margarito (Was always a club fighter blessed with a chin made of god knows what..Was hyped far too much. Nobody had the resilience to execute their game plan and expose him properly- Cue Sugar Shane Mosely)
    Sometimes I wonder if he can be compared to Baldomir. Both had some ok opposition and then beat a big name and everybody got hyped. After that victory, things started going dowhill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Froch - Arrogant, cocky untalented prick. His level of opposition is a disgrace and tries to blame it on no one wanting to fight him.

Shannon Briggs - One of the worst heavyweight champions i have ever seen.

Paul Williams - He is good and is willing to fight the best but is seriously overated by his fans.

Gerald McClellan - What he did to dogs was a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    First I'd like to say how impressed and happy I am after Mosley's big win.
    Dude is a class act ( shut up about the roids! ) and a credit to the sport!

WHO DO U HATE? AND WHY?
    1. Floyd Gayweather: this spoiled wanna-be thug just irritates me almost as bad as Hamed did. no class. mostly a boring fighter. and arrogant as they come. how i wish i could have seen him ko'ed.

2. Roy Jones Jr: pretty much just like above mentioned. ducked major opposition for so many years fighting librarians and cops. in his fight with calzaghe he quit fighting and ran. he even had joe almost out, and DID NOTHING to continue pressuring him!!! such a disappointment.
    had he some balls i think he could have done something good. but he was gutless, as usual.

3. Vic Darchinyan: Ooooooh how I hate this mofo. He talks sooooo much shit how he's going to end careers, and hospitalize fighters. He is a no class piece of Armenian doody. I pray to god Arce ko'es this loudmouth. if Not Nonito will humiliate him again and why isn't mr big talker calling out the guy who ko'ed him lol
    I'd pay big PPV money to see this asshole ko'ed real good!!!!

4. Joe Calzaghe: I liked Joe before, but This fag is starting to get on my nerves. Insulting Amercian boxers. Just in the past few years he starts fighting real fighters, when they are out of their prime. Before it was british fighters one after the other. The man wouldnt go anywhere else BUT his country. Fight Glen Johnson Joe, or Chad Dawson!
    Anything to shut you the fuck up...

5. Zab Judah: OMG this guy gets more chances than a cat with 9 lives!
    he's a punk thug. no class. disrespectful. and his dad is classless too.
    Zab will probably get arrested here soon for a violent crime on an innocent. He is a mini-tyson.
    The Judah chickendance when he fought kostya was "A jem of an ending, and one i'll remember always, as a punk getting his just due's."

6. Naseem Hamed: LOL. Who didn't hate this mofo?
    I did watch almost every fight tho. Haha.
    The Barrerra fight intro was priceless!!! A beer to the face by a fan.
    A pissed off Hamed. Then a humiliating beatdown by Barrerra, including a face in the turn buckle wrestling style!!!
    Thank you Barrerra!!!!

I'M INTERESTED TO HEARING YOUR RESPONSES!!!!
    Oh yeah, these can be past or present fighters.

If we are talking about the persona they put forward, you and I are of similar mindset. I prefer fighters who carry themselves with quiet confidence. My biggest problem with Mayweather is that he's such a bullshit artist and self-promoter. It never seems to me like he never presents his real self and his image is so manufactured. I want to see this guy lose and lose badly, but unfortunately, it's unlikely to happen.

I like Calzaghe a lot, actually. Some of his mega-nuthugger fans, not so much, and I don't like the way he has been managed, but I can't take anything from him. It's the almost messiah-like devotion that his fanboys have that creases me. I question Joe's desire to truly fight the best, but I'm sure he's a good guy in person and he's a great fighters.

I used to dislike Roy Jones Jr, but now that he's been humbled a few times, he's stopped acting like an ass. Still, in the ring, I love watching the guy.

Zab is annoying, but I don't really hate him. I actually feel sorry for him that with all his talent, he's managed to make such a mess of his career.

Hamed, on the other hand, I never liked, still don't like, and I don't even respect him much as a boxer. I respect his physical talent, but he as good as he was, he could have been so much more. The whole boxing world south of 130 owes him a big favor, I'll give him that, but I'm glad he got his butt KO. He then proved what a bitch he was by quitting as soon as the going got tough.

I don't hate Darchinyan, but I always root against him. He showed me a lot by coming back from that loss and working on some of his flaws. That shows character and he gets points in my book for that.

I'm pretty sure that if I'd been around when Ali was at his peak trash talking, I would have disliked him, too. I get pretty pissed watching him clown Joe Frazier, who is one of my favorite fighters and an all around class act.

I will always disliked Ray Leonard for the way he played Marvin...the whole giant press conference to announce the retirement (while leading Marvin it was to announce a megafight), the way he waited until he could see that Marvin was on the slide and using a plan based completely on stealing rounds (which he had spoken of proudly). Throwing all that extra money at Donny LaLonde to come down to 168 so he could get a peace of the LHW belt. Getting a gift draw in the second Hearns fight because the judges are judges were blinded by him being Ray Leonard. I respect his skills and his intelligence, but as fighter I don't like him and as a person I don't have much respect for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Since dislike is the term used instead of hate, then I am willing to lay down my two cents' worth, and give a stab at this. However, if it was the later, then definitely, I am not one to hating people for earning a living.

Exception maybe to that guy who got caught, knowingly causing harm in using loaded wraps!

Here goes....

Roy Jones Jr - I saw RJJ very early in his career, and somehow being very young, Jones' brashness struck me as, too much of a "Sugar Ray Leonard" over, over drive. SRL can get away with it durinig that time, but surely to me personally, RJJ did not have the "it" to overdo showing up his opponents. Humbleness is lost on the man in his early days, and that thing is what I disliked about him.

Hector Camacho Sr. - For the antics, and the outfits. The antics and outfits, detract from the skill on display whenever he fights, to be marveled at. At the time I wouldn't even trade watching TV reruns with his fights. Recently, I was just watching one of his fights on ESPN classic, and marveled at how good he really was. My son, got a glimpse of the fight, was made to comment in a negative pitch as to the lack of decency in Camacho's outfit, and the twirl on the bangs! Was he gay? I burst out laughing ... my thoughts exactly during the day!

Evander Holyfield - mostly for beating Mike Tyson employing more than just boxing skills to achieve this. I think you smell a rat when there is one, and somehow wherever, whatever... he is on, he is at, leaves me with that feeling... Fake! To borrow from one of our Saddo Bros here, "the contradiction". This is just my personal obsevations, thus deriving at such personal distaste. I mean no disrespect whatsoever, it is what it is, a statement on a personal level. (sorry I forgot who it was with credit for that coin "contradiction", otherwise I would have mentioned -surely).
    Funny, I always loved Evander for beating Tyson's ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

antonio tarver
    marco antonio barrera
    pacman
    joe calzaghe
    and just shitty fighters

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    Bramble used to torture animals. Someone should torture him.
    He was played up quite a bit as the "scary mysterious voodoo villian " early on,alot was written and stuck on him,honestly If we lined up any number of fighters past & present.....we could find ALOT of questionalble things in civilian life they may or may not have done to frown on.I try to stick to in ring as fighters,Anyway......you want abuse,You've probally seen this but should make you smile .Chapo drops bricks Quality rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvSWEpxjiU
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-31-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lo got to agree with most of yur most disliked fighters...personally couldnt stand naz the hams antics and was so glad when bareera very convincingly dealt to him.....
    just calzaghe am a big fan of his but other then that got to agree with yur takes on judah.....floyd etc gud call

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 roy jones because as above he just accumulated money seemed to be interested only in moni and avoided all real challengers by taking all the moni his 80 percent 20 percent fight deals

2 oscar de lo toya....all image wasnt a great fighter and yet ended up seemingly regarded as a great fighter he was a frackn joke and was well and truly cooked by manny...manny really showed wat oscar was about...nothing

3 naz haseem...just a belittling little prick who got well and trully showed up by antonio bareera ...losing once and more or less retires(frack wat a loser heart he had)caused a car crash and ended up doin a prison stint for walking away and hiding in his house(no surprise showed his true character)

4 golota...heavyweight coward who just upped and quit at beginning of fight against tyson(unreal cowardice)

5 amir kahn...they way the english use to go on about him u think he was the greatest thing since beef stew and got well and trully dealt to by prescott haha loved that first round demolishen

6riddick bowe.....other then his epics with evander turned into a big daddy joke...lazy trainer could have been really great but was just to lazy and fat to fulfill his potential

7 bernard hopkins....just one punch then hides and one more punch then hides again respect the fact that he is still goin strong at his age but frack his fights are boringggggg

Thread Information