Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default " Still the Polemics with Margaros Hands-Wraps"

With all respect , i have to say that this Controversy of bad practice Hands-Wraps in where erupted last Saturday previous in the fight with Mosley is really , really Hot.......................

Nazim Richardson discovered the action of Margaros corner with vicious malicious.............that is what he said...............

Previous of the fight one Inspector of Commission Athletic of California discovered 2 pieces of Gazes that contained a Substance below the Margaros Hands-Wraps , after Richardson would question the hardness of Hand-Wraps.................
    When they opened , founded 2 little blocks of humid Gazes...........related Richardson yesterday to New York Post
    " Looks like kind of Plaster " and " Had a spot of dry blood " commented Richardson..................

The regulation of California Commission permit to one representant to contrary corner to be present during the preparation of Hands-Wraps , although when Richardson came in to Margaros dressing room , he (Margaro) had one of his fist wrapped .............

According Richardson , Francisco Espinoza "Margaros Co-Manager" was the only who protested for the request of break the Hand-Wrap that was prepared..................

Richardson commented: " I don't want to damage the Reputation to anybody , maybe Margaro didn't have any knowledge of something odds were happening , due that he didn't object our request , but somebody on his corner do ".............

Also said " Javier Capetillo looked like nervous when he wrapped Margaros hands"............................

Guys to me , those are a Big Words , i don't know where this going take , but this is a big Allegations........................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: " Still the Polemics with Margaros Hands-Wraps"

Certainly an unfortunate circumstance, that leaves a questionable opinion on how many wins might have been assisted by wraps

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regardless...it didn't help him did it

I believe he would have been within his rights to ask them to re-wrap his hand while he was there - (I could be wrong maybe someone who has a copy of the regs close by could check)

Also surely you would notice that your hand / glove felt different if this was an occasional offence? Otherwise it means they've all been cheating and complicit throughout his career - and I don't accept that.

Time for someone to put up or shut up.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of questions raised, but still no firm answers proffered.

Does anyone know when results will be made public as to what he was trying to conceal in his wraps against Mosley? If indeed, he was.

Otherwise, it really is all just speculation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm completely agree with all people that think that we have to wait for the results , we cant judge to somebody without any prove , but at this case to put Gazes with Hands-Wraps , Is not illegal ? , What intention did they have in that night ?

I comment this because in the fight of ODLH vs Paquiao , Oscar asked to the Commission to put some Gazes on his fist and they didn't permit him to do that , so we can think that this is not illegal ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His rep is going to be hurt more than anything..of course everyone he's ever beat is now wondering "hell now that can be my excuse" but hey scoreboard is scoreboard right or wrong or andrade and the guy who originally beat casamayor would be champions right now. That being said some of them may have a gripe since none of actually know if he ever did or not. But since he did get caught this time it doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen it may mean he just never got caught. I think the past is the past it'd be nice if there was something to do about it but there isn't, i always assumed tony success came from his pressure and chin not so much his fists so why this happens before a fight damn near everyone had him winning is strange. Would have made more sense against cotto. Either way he lost the cloud is over his head..sucks to be him and jin mosely right now.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    I'm completely agree with all people that think that we have to wait for the results , we cant judge to somebody without any prove , but at this case to put Gazes with Hands-Wraps , Is not illegal ? , What intention did they have in that night ?

I comment this because in the fight of ODLH vs Paquiao , Oscar asked to the Commission to put some Gazes on his fist and they didn't permit him to do that , so we can think that this is not illegal ?
    Good to see you around Macho btw.But that leads to the question if we're getting technical...was ODH 'asking ' to cheat,trying to cheat...technically.Had he been permitted in the past to add extra wrap,are those victorys cased aside?(you can tell Im tounge in cheek I hope).Its just all getting very triffling and silly if you ask me.In that case and Margaritos case....the rules were followed and ultimatly the commision did their job.Everything else is Pure speculation and revisionist history until proof/facts are provided.One minute I read its Gauze like,then it is plaster like,then its an unknown substance ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The existence of these wraps is known and obviously utilised in modern boxing.

Margarito bears the brunt of accusations being the most prominant and recent fighter to be accused.

But come on.....if the sanctioning bodies and regulators let things run this loosely how can the fighter be penalised?

What if all the elite are using these?

Tighten up regulations and observe the wrapping ffs, don't expect a hungry fighter to be honest.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    A lot of questions raised, but still no firm answers proffered.

Does anyone know when results will be made public as to what he was trying to conceal in his wraps against Mosley? If indeed, he was.

Otherwise, it really is all just speculation.
    In the next few days or so Miles they started there investigation on Monday i believe.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we should all just wait till they announce the results of the tests. I'll have plenty to say about it and the fight in general then. I don't want to go upsetting people when we don't know the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Richardson commented: " I don't want to damage the Reputation to anybody , maybe Margaro didn't have any knowledge of something odds were happening , due that he didn't object our request , but somebody on his corner do ".............(
    To me it seems this point is being way overlooked. Tony may not know much about the technicalities of how his hands are wrapped. So many are calling him a cheater, but it's possible that he is the most angry about these events. I agree with the sentiments that we'll have to wait for the outcome of the investigation to get a clearer picture. Although, all too often these things never fully come to light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where are people getting confused here? It has already been said by 3 people who were there of what was in his wraps, Nazim Richardson, a doctor, and a representative of the commission. They all called it some kind of plaster. Margarito's trainers, in attempts to cover up, are the only ones who said it was only extra gauze. Before the fight even started Jim Lampley stated what was found and taken to be given a formal investigation. And for the record, Margarito not knowing what is in his wraps doesn't hold water. This sounds like the famous overused "I never knowingly took steroids" speech. Anyone who has ever boxed for even a short period of time knows that you can tell even the slightest change in the wrapping of your hands. I can easily tell when I have just a bit more gauze around my knuckles and if the gauze is slightly firmer. Missing a foreign object put in your wraps...impossible. Remember, Nazim Richardson noticed it just by looking at it then was sure something wasn't right just by touching it. Its amazing how Margarito is getting so much leniency for such an awful crime. This is not a case of someone saying this or that. Three very credible people witnessed it and described it as plaster pieces, he was caught, and the objects were confiscated until a formal investigation is performed. Stop being dishonest just because you're a fan of Margarito and use your common sense. They don't confiscate extra gauze! And you don't get investigated for wrapping too much gauze!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Where are people getting confused here? It has already been said by 3 people who were there of what was in his wraps, Nazim Richardson, a doctor, and a representative of the commission. They all called it some kind of plaster. Margarito's trainers, in attempts to cover up, are the only ones who said it was only extra gauze. Before the fight even started Jim Lampley stated what was found and taken to be given a formal investigation. And for the record, Margarito not knowing what is in his wraps doesn't hold water. This sounds like the famous overused "I never knowingly took steroids" speech. Anyone who has ever boxed for even a short period of time knows that you can tell even the slightest change in the wrapping of your hands. I can easily tell when I have just a bit more gauze around my knuckles and if the gauze is slightly firmer. Missing a foreign object put in your wraps...impossible. Remember, Nazim Richardson noticed it just by looking at it then was sure something wasn't right just by touching it. Its amazing how Margarito is getting so much leniency for such an awful crime. This is not a case of someone saying this or that. Three very credible people witnessed it and described it as plaster pieces, he was caught, and the objects were confiscated until a formal investigation is performed. Stop being dishonest just because you're a fan of Margarito and use your common sense. They don't confiscate extra gauze! And you don't get investigated for wrapping too much gauze!
    yea cause i'm just positive that they're always walkin around with their handy investigating kit to do tests on the sample right then and there, i'm not saying that it's not true, but i'm not saying it's true either, i for one think he's innocent, but hell give the man a chance for a fair investigation

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

his innecent til proven guilty imo.

and i dont think anything will change my mind, imo his innecent. if anything this whole thing cause tony to lose focus on the fight and coming in lighter then usual did not help as well. but ofcourse im not making any excuse for shane, i just feel people are critizing tony too quickly and he has done nothing in the past to cause this. like i said he deserves the benefit of the doubt!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think we should all just wait till they announce the results of the tests. I'll have plenty to say about it and the fight in general then. I don't want to go upsetting people when we don't know the truth.
    GIVE SANCTIONS MORE TIME!!!

Hey Kirkland, I for one don't want our warning sign to be a dead/seriously injured fighter.

Thread Information