Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Plaster Vs. Steriods

I understand the seriousness of the plaster, but didnt Shane use steriods?! Was there no regard to the other fighters he faced while on steriods? I know Shane got alot of heat for it but I would dare say not as much as this. Steriods is cheating and cheating is cheating regardless of the offense.

I'd say the Mosley camp should settle down and await the outcome like everyone else.

Margarito's doctored hand wraps, if true, could've resulted in tragedy
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Plaster Vs. Steriods

Saying "cheating is cheating" is like saying "commiting a crime is commiting a crime". You wouldn't lump a shoplifter with a serial killer would ya?

Steroids are cheating, no doubt. But I think using an illegal object to cause more damage goes even beyond thats. Its absolutely criminal.

I am one of the people who is of the opinion that the large majority of top athletes are using performance inhancers, but that aside I think we can draw a clear distinction between steroids (which can be used to heal up a nagging injury) and doctoring your gloves.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You aren't helping Margarito out by going after Mosely...if anything it is swaying me and likely others the other way. I kinda have been waiting and watching, ya know..for evidence to be conclusive and so on. But the more I see this kinda deal going down, you or others trying to attack Shane in Margo's defence, it only makes me want to say...You know what, Fuk Margarito. Fuk him for being a dirty bastard and doing the dirtiest cheat in boxing. For loading his gloves in an attempted cheat and maybe even kill his opponent. Fuk him, he probably did it to Cotto and others also. Fuk him for putting a black mark on boxing and hurting it. I hope he not only loses his licence permanantly...but gets charged for it and lands his sorry ass in jail. Jail where he can sit in shame and ponder the day...whilst his legacy and career goes down the drain. Fuk Margarito.

Is that the reply you were looking for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Saying "cheating is cheating" is like saying "commiting a crime is commiting a crime". You wouldn't lump a shoplifter with a serial killer would ya?

Steroids are cheating, no doubt. But I think using an illegal object to cause more damage goes even beyond thats. Its absolutely criminal.

I am one of the people who is of the opinion that the large majority of top athletes are using performance inhancers, but that aside I think we can draw a clear distinction between steroids (which can be used to heal up a nagging injury) and doctoring your gloves.
    Well said mate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ask Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire, Jose Canseco, Lyle Alsado (spelled wrong) Arnold Shwarzenegger (spelled wrong)

If all they do is help nagging injuries. I agree with you you cant lump up all offenders and put them in one catagory. But, a cheater calling out a cheater? If I had cheated and then caught someone else cheating I would make sure the tables are equal come time for competition (which they were) then stay out of it and let the officials decide the others fate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    You aren't helping Margarito out by going after Mosely...if anything it is swaying me and likely others the other way. I kinda have been waiting and watching, ya know..for evidence to be conclusive and so on. But the more I see this kinda deal going down, you or others trying to attack Shane in Margo's defence, it only makes me want to say...You know what, Fuk Margarito. Fuk him for being a dirty bastard and doing the dirtiest cheat in boxing. For loading his gloves in an attempted cheat and maybe even kill his opponent. Fuk him, he probably did it to Cotto and others also. Fuk him for putting a black mark on boxing and hurting it. I hope he not only loses his licence permanantly...but gets charged for it and lands his sorry ass in jail. Jail where he can sit in shame and ponder the day...whilst his legacy and career goes down the drain. Fuk Margarito.

Is that the reply you were looking for?

And if he had is found innocent? look at the black mark thats left on his record regardless.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a stupid thread TBH. Both are wrong to be used in the first place but Plaster is more of a wrong doing since you can actually damage or even kill a guy in the ring. I dont think you can kill a guy with steriods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a medical standpoint Anabolics steroids can inflict physical harm on the user, while illegal padding on the gloves does not. So IMO performance enhancers is the lesser evil between the two. Hypothetically if Mosely did use the steroids maybe he used it to bulk up to 154 lbs because to begin with he is not a big welterweight and definitely not a natural 154 pounder unlike Margarito who is squeezing himself dry at welter to gain every ounce of size and strength advantage he can get. Just my opinion
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post

Ask Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire, Jose Canseco, Lyle Alsado (spelled wrong) Arnold Shwarzenegger (spelled wrong)

If all they do is help nagging injuries. I agree with you you cant lump up all offenders and put them in one catagory. But, a cheater calling out a cheater? If I had cheated and then caught someone else cheating I would make sure the tables are equal come time for competition (which they were) then stay out of it and let the officials decide the others fate.

Never said that "healing nagging injuries" was the only use for steroids. I just think there is a clear distinction between using banned substances to enhance your body and taking a foreign object into the ring with you.

Also, on the subject of a "cheater calling out a cheater", I have yet to hear Mosley himself call Marg out on it! So far its been only Nazim, the press, and fans (like me) who are disappointed and upset that one of boxing's toughest, hardest working fighter would do such a dispicable thing.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have yet to hear or read someone being permanantly injured in a fight after a boxer tested positive for steroids.

Vargas and Toney both tested positive.

On the other hand tampering with gloves and or plaster in hand wraps have inflicted lots of injuries and in the case of Resto-Collins Jr. it lead to his death when Restos gloves were tampered.

Onixx, I don't know if you don't understand this completely but that there was something ilegal there that is certain. Which are the (2) objects that were found. That's set, now all they are trying to do is figure out what they are made of/ what they are/contain.

I read somewhere that Capetillo insisted that the hand he had pre-wrapped prior to Naazim being there was OK. When he was made to unwrap it that's when the object fell out of Tonys wrapping.

I also read that you feel Naazim should apologize for this if the tests from the objects reveal nothing.
    Again, the objects alone DON'T belong there regardless of what they are, whether it is plasture or just extra gauze the objects placed there are illegal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

steroids>plaster
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steroids aren't going to make you punch any harder like fucking bricks in your gloves are.

People are such idiots when it comes to steroids.

Everyone should watch "Bigger. Stronger. Faster." Thats a good movie bout steroids in America.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But wasn't Mosely fighting with his gloves and wraps full of steroid pills. I heard he even had some that were shaped like little anvils so it would increase his punch power to Popeye levels.

Nobody seems to have been saying anything about that, eh??
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    But wasn't Mosely fighting with his gloves and wraps full of steroid pills. I heard he even had some that were shaped like little anvils so it would increase his punch power to Popeye levels.

Nobody seems to have been saying anything about that, eh??
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information