Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank- "I guarantee Degale will fail"

Did you see him on Bunces show?

Typical cringworthy Eubank madness.. then hilarious watching him in the background, while George Groves was talking, going round the office shaking everyones hand
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the man and has right!!

Degale has been paid for his fame now but thats only from the amatures, wait till he gets in there with strong experienced pros, its gonna be somewhere inbetween the falls of Harrison and Khan Only not as high profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has some very good points. Guarantee may be too strong a word, but then again he likes to make a statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with him. DeGale is nothing special. I doubt he goes beyond British/European level. Darren Sutherland beat him 3 times out of 4.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive always liked Eubank. He might be right about Degale, but Im not in an informed postition to judge. Ive never actually seen Degale fight before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eubank has done everything & he has the right to say what he believes, degale gats on my tits already so bored of him & he aint made his pro debut yet. he is in fkin love with himself & i cant see him going to far

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Eubank is talking a load of cliche bollocks.

It doesn't take a genius to predict someone will FAIL before they've even started.

Only a very small minority become success stories.

I'm sure Eubank will advise his son to turndown a million pound should he win an Olympic gold medal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Ive always liked Eubank. He might be right about Degale, but Im not in an informed postition to judge. Ive never actually seen Degale fight before.
    He wasn't knocking degale's ability, just the comforts he has.

Like Fenster said, even with G medal, very few become genuine stars. Haven't seen much of Degale to jusge how he does as a proffessional. I don't know who the little fella next to Groves was, but something he said about himself may be relevant to Degale - he said he was taught a different style by the international coach (Edwards I assume) of straight shots from the outside, rather than his own come forward approach with hooks. It just occurred to me as he said it that Degale probably adjusted his style to this 'fencing' approach which was successful in the amateurs, especially his 4th fight with Sutherland, who he couldn't really compete with when the guys may have been 'proper' boxing. Don't really know as i haven't seen the fights outside the olympics.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale does already come across as a bit of a wanker imo...
    Got himself a £60k Range Rover and dishes out gold embezzeled business cards to anyone who'll have one.
    He admitted it in the paper last week then claimed he gets all the women etc...
    Just worries me when he's done f*ck all at pro level yet and it's Khan all over again.
    I think the fact that Frankie Gavin had his olympics screwed up will drive him further than Degale can be driven to World honours.
    What i mean is ...if Degale is already sorted for cash then where's the hunger coming from...does he really want to go all the way and graft for 5 years for something he has already been "Gifted"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Got himself a £60k Range Rover and dishes out gold embezzeled business cards to anyone who'll have one.
    Just worries me when he's done f*ck all at pro level yet and it's Khan all over again.
    I think the fact that Frankie Gavin had his olympics screwed up will drive him further than Degale can be driven to World honours.
    What i mean is ...if Degale is already sorted for cash then where's the hunger coming from...does he really want to go all the way and graft for 5 years for something he has already been "Gifted"
    I agree, he'll feel that he has more to prove, and considering he's probably more talented as well he'll go far.

IMO Degale has been much much worse than Khan in terms of lack of modesty since leaving the amateur game. He's a lot of talk.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    I agree, he'll feel that he has more to prove, and considering he's probably more talented as well he'll go far.

IMO Degale has been much much worse than Khan in terms of lack of modesty since leaving the amateur game. He's a lot of talk.
    You both are probably right BUT

Ignore the money and just look at the form.

Gavin was a big favourite to win Olympic gold. He was already rated the best in his division.

Degale was a big outsider (around 33/1) to win his weightclass. He was a SHOCK winner.

We already know Sutherland had beaten him in three previous meetings and his own club mate George Groves has beaten him - so with or without the hype and money, why would he be favourite to beat these guys in the pros? Especially considering his "fencing" style was so suited to the Olympic scoring.

At the outset Gavin will have been expected to do better than Degale whatever the circumstances.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Gavin was a big favourite to win Olympic gold. He was already rated the best in his division.

Degale was a big outsider (around 33/1) to win his weightclass. He was a SHOCK winner.

We already know Sutherland had beaten him in three previous meetings and his own club mate George Groves has beaten him - so with or without the hype and money, why would he be favourite to beat these guys in the pros? Especially considering his "fencing" style was so suited to the Olympic scoring.

At the outset Gavin will have been expected to do better than Degale whatever the circumstances.
    I must admit I have less than zero interest in James De Gale. I'm suprised he has made so much money to be honest because I honestly couldn't give a shit about him. I probably won't even make an effort to follow his pro career, and like Chris I don't expect him to get anywhere near a world title fight.

He fluked his way to an Olympic gold medal much like how Portsmouth and Cardiff got to the FA cup final last year. Do we expect fuck all from either those teams in the future, of course not, sometimes you get lucky, and during the Olympics De Gale did.

If I was a promoter I wouldn't even want him, just not interested in the slightest bit in him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I must admit I have less than zero interest in James De Gale. I'm suprised he has made so much money to be honest because I honestly couldn't give a shit about him. I probably won't even make an effort to follow his pro career, and like Chris I don't expect him to get anywhere near a world title fight.

He fluked his way to an Olympic gold medal much like how Portsmouth and Cardiff got to the FA cup final last year. Do we expect fuck all from either those teams in the future, of course not, sometimes you get lucky, and during the Olympics De Gale did.

If I was a promoter I wouldn't even want him, just not interested in the slightest bit in him.
    That's my point.

Chris Eubank and everyone saying he'll fail because of the fame and money is boringly predictable.

Look at the guys form and you see it's nothing special. Then factor in the chance of success at WORLD level goes to only a small group.

Money/fame or not - Degale is a BIG outsider to go beyond Brit level.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That irish fella that beat Degale in the amatures looks a good bet for the pros, ive looked at a few vids of him on youtube, theres one of him training and sparring, got a good pro style, looks strong but as with all good British prospects, the lack of quality sparring lets them down.

Someone like Darren Sutherland who Maloney is promoting and obviously investing in, should be sent over to a tough area in america to spar for a couple of weeks, leading up to his fights, somewhere like Philidelphia, no high profile gyms, just honest hard working gyms with queues of other fellow prospects as sparring partners, all wanting to make it big and earn.

This is what Eubank is getting at, Degale is being robbed of the need for him to be hungry and had the edge taken off the need to work, as like Khan and Harrrison before him, he has it on a plate already, hes a millionaire before even fighting as a pro

Thread Information