Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I don't see a thread on Katsidis (spoiler alert!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I don't see a thread on Katsidis (spoiler alert!)

For those interested, he did capture the vacant WBO Asia Pacific Lightweight Title by beating Angel Hugo Ramirez bu UD.

Katsidis knocked him down four times in the first five rounds, with three of those coming in the fourth. From what I have gathered Ramirez was not willing to engage after that and Katsidis was content to just take a points win. Scores were 98-87 and 96-89 twice.

His next fight is the previously scheduled April 10th showdown with Julio Diaz.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I don't see a thread on Katsidis (spoiler alert!)

Quote Originally Posted by Swice View Post
    For those interested, he did capture the vacant WBO Asia Pacific Lightweight Title by beating Angel Hugo Ramirez bu UD.

Katsidis knocked him down four times in the first five rounds, with three of those coming in the fourth. From what I have gathered Ramirez was not willing to engage after that and Katsidis was content to just take a points win. Scores were 98-87 and 96-89 twice.

It was on before I woke up today, how did Katsidis look? Sounds like he slowed down at the end is that true?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

It was on before I woke up today, how did Katsidis look? Sounds like he slowed down at the end is that true?
    I didn't ge to see the fight, I actually forgot that he was fighting. I just happened to come across the news. From what I heard, he looked great in the first half of the fight, but not as exciting in the second half. Ramirez, it seems, was unwilling to engage in the fight and instead of pressing him like he did in the first half, Katsidis was content to get an easy points win in the second half.

It might have been the heat thought because after the fight he said "It was very very tough, it was so hot, but it was a great experience for me." Or maybe he has gotten a little gun shy about rushing in after taking so many shots from the likes of Casamayor and Diaz. So after he won the first half of the fight he decided not to take anymore changes.

The good news is he puts a win under his belt after two tought losses and keeps his April 10th fight with Julio Diaz on track. I've always liked Katsidis and I was hoping he wouldn't fade away after those losses. I didn't think Juan Diaz was the right fight for him after a tought loss to Casamayor, but I might be a little bias because I like Diaz too and didn't really want to see either of them take a loss.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I didn't ge to see the fight, I actually forgot that he was fighting. I just happened to come across the news. From what I heard, he looked great in the first half of the fight, but not as exciting in the second half. Ramirez, it seems, was unwilling to engage in the fight and instead of pressing him like he did in the first half, Katsidis was content to get an easy points win in the second half.

It might have been the heat thought because after the fight he said "It was very very tough, it was so hot, but it was a great experience for me." Or maybe he has gotten a little gun shy about rushing in after taking so many shots from the likes of Casamayor and Diaz. So after he won the first half of the fight he decided not to take anymore changes.

The good news is he puts a win under his belt after two tought losses and keeps his April 10th fight with Julio Diaz on track. I've always liked Katsidis and I was hoping he wouldn't fade away after those losses. I didn't think Juan Diaz was the right fight for him after a tought loss to Casamayor, but I might be a little bias because I like Diaz too and didn't really want to see either of them take a loss.
    Katsidis is great for the sport, I really like him, he may not be the most talented, but he has a hell of a heart and is a definate asset to a heavily stacked division.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good tune up for Kats. Hopefully it gains him some confidence after his losses.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the 1st few rounds as I was getting ready to go out and he looked on route to a TKO win.
    Either he let off or Ramirez just looked to spoil the fight.
    Hopefully I can get a copy of the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Czar Amosont (I know I f@cked ip the spelling), the guy who had the close war with Katsidis also made his ring return after being sidelined from bleeding on his brain as a result of that fight. Sources say he was immpressive and showed no ring rust in his fight last night, which he won. I hope he does well and eventually fights on HBO again.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Czar Amosont (I know I f@cked ip the spelling), the guy who had the close war with Katsidis also made his ring return after being sidelined from bleeding on his brain as a result of that fight. Sources say he was immpressive and showed no ring rust in his fight last night, which he won. I hope he does well and eventually fights on HBO again.
    Wow...
    That is amazing and it's great to know he fully recovered but I don't know how to feel about it.
    I just wouldn't want to read anything bad happening to him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff TigerFan...
    Thanks man really appreciate it.

Thread Information