Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: P4P bias towards American based fighters?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: P4P bias towards American based fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    We get it, you are important. With that said, what does a list of stadiums where they don't hold boxing cards have to do with P4P lists having a bias towards Americans?
    Yankee Stadium
    Held fights?
    Yes
    The Spectrum in Philly
    Held fights?
    Yes
    List could go on endlessly
    Yes
    If there are more fighters,and more venues that can hold fights,sooner or later you will fight in the States
    Fenster wants exclusion of every fighter who's fought in the states,well guess where the money is,in the states
    hell wasn't the Arce/Darchinyan fight in the Astrodome?!?!?!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fens honest to god I see what your saying but it's just insane to see it that way.

Of course almost every boxer is gonna be connected to the states most big fights happen here where they make dollars.

I personally don't see that as biased I see it as just the way the sport has always been and I'll tell you why.

I still think a US based fighter is someone who lives, trains & fights here.

Why would just fighting here make you based here.

The US is the mecca of boxing I think that's been established for 100s of years it is seemingly impossible to be a top fighter and not fight here.

I just feel this thread leads nowhere for me and has left me scratching my head... Cause again I understand what your getting to but it's only obvious Top rated fighters would somehow be connected to the US.

I mean what your saying is Hatton is a US based fighter?
    Maybe based wasn't the word you were looking for.

That's where I'm getting mixed up... To me based like I said is where you train, live & fight.

I think it impossible not to be connected with the US, because most top rated fighters and or title holders have stepped foot here in the US from early in their careers.

I mean take this new wave of Germans that just landed here in the US at Roachs gym? Or how about the Filipino wave that we got here in the US with Pac impact?
    You got top venues, you got dollars, you got world wide networks, promoters etc. etc. etc.

I think I'm going in circles here but anyway Fens. I just think it's like saying "Why are the majority winners of the Best Pic. at the Oscars" most often American films then foreign films... Well I don't know you tell me?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    We get it, you are important. With that said, what does a list of stadiums where they don't hold boxing cards have to do with P4P lists having a bias towards Americans?
    Yankee Stadium
    Held fights?
    Yes
    The Spectrum in Philly
    Held fights?
    Yes
    List could go on endlessly
    Yes
    If there are more fighters,and more venues that can hold fights,sooner or later you will fight in the States
    Fenster wants exclusion of every fighter who's fought in the states,well guess where the money is,in the states
    hell wasn't the Arce/Darchinyan fight in the Astrodome?!?!?!
    The fight was fought at the Pond in Anaheim, CA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think UK can create their own P4P list... why bother US P4P list if you don't agree with it.. Lets get real here, lots of big fights happen in america, im not saying happening only in america. If you dont fight in US how are they going to rate you? same goes to UK and other countries. So go on create your UK P4P myth list nobody is going to stop you guys anyway.. stop this America bias crap..
    Spot on. It is mostly BASED on the fights that happen in the US. IMO it would be a such a big honor to be in the list if you haven't even fought here. Pongsalek, Calzaghe.. to get the recognition was great. Must have been making enough noise to be heard in the US. and it's fukkin true you Brits can create your own list. But it will only sound more biased if you won't put 'American based' fighters in the list and instead put Chris John in it. I was wonderin if this thread was actually made for Chris John.
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I'm going in circles here but anyway Fens. I just think it's like saying "Why are the majority winners of the Best Pic. at the Oscars" most often American films then foreign films... Well I don't know you tell me?
    and why does the NBA call their champs the World Champs if the teams were only American and Canadian based cities? It's because basketball,(like boxing) is a worldwide sport and the NBA is an open league which means any player of any nationality can play if they were skilled enough for the big stage. It only happened that the NBA is american based and the venues happens in American cities. Do they deserve to call themselves the best in the world? Yes. Just like boxing. The best fighters fight here and the best fights happens here. And the Ring, they just tell America what they think and what they feel. It just happens that you Brits can hear it too. sorry
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Fens honest to god I see what your saying but it's just insane to see it that way.

Of course almost every boxer is gonna be connected to the states most big fights happen here where they make dollars.

I personally don't see that as biased I see it as just the way the sport has always been and I'll tell you why.

I still think a US based fighter is someone who lives, trains & fights here.

Why would just fighting here make you based here.

The US is the mecca of boxing I think that's been established for 100s of years it is seemingly impossible to be a top fighter and not fight here.

I just feel this thread leads nowhere for me and has left me scratching my head... Cause again I understand what your getting to but it's only obvious Top rated fighters would somehow be connected to the US.

I mean what your saying is Hatton is a US based fighter?
    Maybe based wasn't the word you were looking for.

That's where I'm getting mixed up... To me based like I said is where you train, live & fight.

I think it impossible not to be connected with the US, because most top rated fighters and or title holders have stepped foot here in the US from early in their careers.

I mean take this new wave of Germans that just landed here in the US at Roachs gym? Or how about the Filipino wave that we got here in the US with Pac impact?
    You got top venues, you got dollars, you got world wide networks, promoters etc. etc. etc.

Blimey.. you sure did get stuck on the word "based" Mick. In future i'll focus on making more clearly defined thread titles.

This thread was about P4P.

We established Pongsaklek Wonjongkam (according to Galaxy) is the only fighter without ties to America to be P4P ranked since 2000.

America is clearly the daddy. Without ties to America, it's virtually impossible to get P4P recognition. That's all it is.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-10-2009 at 08:39 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by antimoron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    And the answer is,with bigger venues,larger paychecks,and more fighters to choose from,sooner or later your coming to the states
    Which Ive said a dozen times now
    Stop with the bigger venues crap. Germany, Britain, Japan they fight in front of huge audiences. MOST big fights happen in Vegas.

Ive shown you DON'T need to fight in the States to be P4P ranked.

America has the glamour the glitz and pizzazz, so naturally will produce popular fighters who inturn will become P4P rated.

i think UK can create their own P4P list... why bother US P4P list if you don't agree with it.. Lets get real here, lots of big fights happen in america, im not saying happening only in america. If you dont fight in US how are they going to rate you? same goes to UK and other countries. So go on create your UK P4P myth list nobody is going to stop you guys anyway.. stop this America bias crap..
    Who said America was biased?

I'll create ANY thread I want. If you don't like my ideas you don't have to acknowledge them.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Fenster, even though we've established that only one fighter has made the P4P list that was not US based (by your definition) - I still think it means absoluteky nothing.

IMO there's no bias involved here. Put simply anyone who wants to make it in boxing has to have some sort of tie to America. It's not a conspiracy of any sort, it's just American $$$'s are behind pretty much everything in this sport.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by antimoron View Post

Stop with the bigger venues crap. Germany, Britain, Japan they fight in front of huge audiences. MOST big fights happen in Vegas.

Ive shown you DON'T need to fight in the States to be P4P ranked.

America has the glamour the glitz and pizzazz, so naturally will produce popular fighters who inturn will become P4P rated.

Who said America was biased?

I'll create ANY thread I want. If you don't like my ideas you don't have to acknowledge them.

i acknowledge your ideas mate.. its just that we are not on the same side.. keep it coming.. this will make saddo even better.. peace..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Sorry Fenster, even though we've established that only one fighter has made the P4P list that was not US based (by your definition) - I still think it means absoluteky nothing.

IMO there's no bias involved here. Put simply anyone who wants to make it in boxing has to have some sort of tie to America. It's not a conspiracy of any sort, it's just American $$$'s are behind pretty much everything in this sport.
    Nailed it,the point in the post that is....not the avatar unfortunately

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Read your own words carefully.... It's about the money. Money creates the "bias" no matter how anyone minces words...it's all comes down to the Monneeyyyy. A fighter can be absolutely be P4P worthy of being in a most any P4P list and not make it because he has no money behind him. It's up to the promoter to create the boxers image so that his fight can be sold. But so what!

I think Pacquiao got it right. He left the Philippines where there is no money! There is lots of lighter weight boxing talent, just like in other Asian countries but there's no obscene amount of money to be made.

Thread Information