Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I had a vision of a big explosion! Hope I'm just hallucinating.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I had a vision of a big explosion! Hope I'm just hallucinating.

I'm glad we're all still 'kickin' & livin' around here, haha. Being out since the new year but I'm on a 'forced' leave due to cat epidemic at my home so I'm back for couple of days, and so just dropped in to greet some friends I missed the last time.

Hello to all my kabayans, boss Kkizzaaa, pareng Bruce, & Pacstraightleft. Hope you guyz been doing fine. Is Julius back from the pinas? How 'bout Saddoboxer, has he been behaving? I've noticed lotsa new members, greetings from a pinoy pac-fool.

I forgot to greet Kirkland, our 'infallible' (though it's an unabashedly self-proclaimed one) economist par excellence. Hey Kirkland, don't you think it's about time you revise your economic forecast? All your 'optimistic' prognosis are coming true so I think the world economy needs a little break.

Andre, how you've been, buddy? Have some new 'inspirations'?, be free to share with us here...

Hey, Bilbo, you've been unusually quiet these days. I hope you've forgiven me (all right, blokes, don't ask what's it all about, it's an intimate secret just between the two of us). Hope your fine, buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Spicolli, we'll have a tour around some famous war sites one of these days, maybe CFH can join us too.
    I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I used to live on Saipan, which was the site of a huge WWII battle. Tons of really cool stuff still laying around etc. There was a forest fire while I was there and all this unexploded ordinance was going off etc. Pretty crazy, I really want to go back some day.

CFH, I'm not yet finished with our debate... Just kiddin', hope you're doing fine...

I was just thinking about that very debate as I read your post. It was a good one.

I'm doing fine, very busy with school at the moment and looking for a new job, but otherwise things are going well.

How's life treating you?
    Thanks CFH, I've been pretty busy this year but otherwise, I've been doing fine, except, of course, for the infamous 'Great Prediction...
    ...Fiasco' haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Saddoboxer, nice to see you around, I was worried you might have been banned by now,
    Please PacFan, please don't ever initiate having a "vision" of me being banned here... I love to post here...

Take care Pare... Talk to you next time...
    Golly, I'm glad to see you. Always have that feeling that you been exiled somewhere yonder. By the way, is there a truth to the rumor that Pac just beat someone up pretty badly? Can you please give a full, punch by punch, report on it on a new thread? I'm might just actually read it...

All right, fellas, gotta go now and as the ol' cliche goes, 'hope to see ya all sooooon'. Adios again.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe your vision of big explosion was that looping left from pac to hattons face in the second round?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...just dropping by again... hope ya fellas are missin' me.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    maybe your vision of big explosion was that looping left from pac to hattons face in the second round?
    Yup, that coulda been it. I heard a Japanese commentator on youtube saying that it was a 'mega-ton' bomb!..

...Geez, wonder why I'm keepin' this thread alive
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, that coulda been it. I heard a Japanese commentator on youtube saying that it was a 'mega-ton' bomb!..

Good to see ya around.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    pacfan.

A few years back I was doing a summer job, working in a warehouse. Just as we're ready to call it a day I heard the radio report a plane crash. I went home asked my folks, have they heard about the plane crash. No what crash? Nothing was on the news.

Couple of days later..big plane crash, everyone dead. I swear hand on heart I heard it. Weirdest feeling.

On the upside I dreamt Barrera beat Khan - Round5 I think
    ok it wasn't mab but the round was right.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes we all miss you .

Hope all is well for you.

I think the end of this month sees a big bang for Europe, Switzerland maybe.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Good to see ya around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes we all miss you .

Hope all is well for you.
    It's really nice to know that you're being loved. Thanks fellas, hugs and kisses.

Alright, that was a bit of obscenity there so have this instead...

I think the end of this month sees a big bang for Europe, Switzerland maybe.
    I heard about explosions there somewhere in Europe, I think two separate incident, just few weeks back...

On the upsidedown I dreamt Barrera beat Khan - Round5 I think
    ok it wasn't mab but the round was right.
    Fixed.

Alright, fellas, I have a day off so I'm in a mood of talking right now, the usual voodoo stuffs...

Some coincidences (actually, nothing in this world is coincidence, everything happens for some reasons) regarding recent events.

First, Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, and Elvis Presley, the King of Rock&Roll, so both were kings, heh. Michael had a Neverland, Elvis had a Graceland. Both died of prescription drug related causes. Mickey had been married to Elvis' daughter. Probably there are more but those are the ones I'm aware of.

Second, Farah Fawcett (not sure about the spelling). She was a very hot lady during my teen days (ok, I'm not a kid anymore, but not a grampa either, about same as my young buddy Andre, yes that feared mod of the saddos - naw, he's a nice fella). Farah was supposed to get married to Ryan O'neal. Ryan became a superstar after starring in that classic movie Love Story. I remember watching that movie for free at some restaurant inside a US base somewhere in the 70's (again, I was just a young lad then). In the movie, Ryan's girl, played by Ali McGraw, died of cancer before they could marry, just like in his real-life drama with Farah. Incidentally, Ali's real-life husband, Steve McQueen, also died of cancer.

Third, I mentioned that some significant events happen in three's when I wrote about the New Zealander airline Qantas making an emergency landing here in Manila about a year ago. Qantas, one of very few airlines with zero crash rate, had two more similar, though unrelated, accidents just within couple weeks apart immediatel after that Manila incident. Which brings me to Arguello, Gatti and Forest. I know you all know what happened to them so I'll not waste my precious time recounting those horrible events...

Strange is this world, ain't it...

I'm saddened by what happened to Michael. Being a guy of the 80's - the world was real cool then - when Michael shook the world with his Thrilla and when the British New Wave invasion took Manila by storm - Boy George and his Culture Club, Duran Duran, Spandau B, not to mention Madonna - she was a virgin then, and Cyndi. Yup, those were The days, our days. I still play my favorite Whammy boys' MTV Last Christmas in the middle of a summer, driving my folks here crazy (and they think I'm the one who's gone nuts, strange, ain't it)...

Seriously... as they say, money and fame can't buy happiness. It's been proven over and over again, and what really saddens me is the fact that it takes just a spark of hope in your heart to keep you going in this rough journey called life, without losing your mind. Yup, that's all you need, just a spark of hope. Just think about it. A man dies the moment he totally loses hope. As long as hope springs in your heart, even just a pinch of it, you can endure whatever that comes your way. So my dear friends, start nurturing that elusive thing called hope in your heart. Those often subtle feelings that everthing will be all right and that something good lay ahead - lurking somewhere deep in your heart. Go on, feel it... feels real good, right? Keep at it and make it a permanent part of your life. Better yet, nurture it daily until it grows so strong that nothing, absolutely nothing, can shake you again...

Gotta go now. ...where the heck is saddoboxer Never mind.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mr pacfan,

One day you will hopefully become a wealthy man, and only then shall you realise all that you once believed to be true, and sacrosanct, was in fact utter bollocks.

Your good friend

Fenster.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Mr pacfan,

One day you will hopefully become a wealthy man, and only then shall you realise all that you once believed to be true, and sacrosanct, was in fact utter bollocks.

Your good friend

Fenster.
    Many thanks, Mr. fenster. You never fail to encourage me with your wise thoughts... Yes, perhaps you're right. Perhaps, this 'money can't buy me love' thing (bty, the Beatles taught me that) may not true; perhaps it's just a poor man's (like this poor fisherman) grumble against those rich folks. Perhaps money can indeed buy love, happiness, and everything else. I wonder...
    Hope I'll be a rich man soon to find out whether that is true or not. If you're a wealthy man, my friend, please share some of your wealth with this poor chap so that he might be enlightened soon on the matter.

Ok, Mr. fenster, my favorite mod, you may now take off your mod's outfit, loosen your tie and unbutton your collar. You can always be your old self and feel at home in my lair and say whatever you want, just like the old times, and you know very well that I'll still be smiling. I've noticed you've been unusually kind and considerate to your fellow man since you've assumed your moderatorship. I know that's somewhat of a burden for you, so here you can relax and even take a nap...

...and now, to continue with my monologue... (ok, just bear with me)...
    I watched a couple years back George Michael on Oprah with his new lover and he seemed to be perfectly happy... then several months later, he was reportedly found slumped inside his car unconscious due to drug overdose. Hard to imagine a man who once held the world in his hand (his song Careless Whisper was the numero uno hit for the entire year of 1985) has degenerated into what they used to call during my time as a 'junkie'... And then, there's Boy George who was seen in the news couple years back, engaging in a community service selling T-shirts after being caught with drugs. Sad, isn't it...

...Just an hour ago, I spilled a large, full bowl of ramen noodles on my couch. But contrary to what most people expect, I didn't feel a bit irritated or annoyed. Why? Because I've been training myself to control my emotions for decades and now, I hardly react negatively to such situation. It might be hard to imagine for most ordinary folks but I even humored myself for it even though I have a big cleaning job to do tomorrow morning. This is The Way I've always been trying to preach here...

BTW... thanks fenster, CFH and Dax for the reps. Always appreciate those cookies...

...gotta go now. oops, excuse for the typos if any, I'm always in a hurry these days...

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Mr pacfan,

Your good friend

Fenster.
    Many thanks, Mr. fenster. You never fail to encourage me with your wise thoughts... Yes, perhaps you're right. Perhaps, this 'money can't buy me love' thing (bty, the Beatles taught me that) may not true; perhaps it's just a poor man's (like this poor fisherman) grumble against those rich folks. Perhaps money can indeed buy love, happiness, and everything else. I wonder...
    Hope I'll be a rich man soon to find out whether that is true or not. If you're a wealthy man, my friend, please share some of your wealth with this poor chap so that he might be enlightened soon on the matter.

Ok, Mr. fenster, my favorite mod, you may now take off your mod's outfit, loosen your tie and unbutton your collar. You can always be your old self and feel at home in my lair and say whatever you want, just like the old times, and you know very well that I'll still be smiling. I've noticed you've been unusually kind and considerate to your fellow man since you've assumed your moderatorship. I know that's somewhat of a burden for you, so here you can relax and even take a nap...

...and now, to continue with my monologue... (ok, just bear with me)...
    I watched a couple years back George Michael on Oprah with his new lover and he seemed to be perfectly happy... then several months later, he was reportedly found slumped inside his car unconscious due to drug overdose. Hard to imagine a man who once held the world in his hand (his song Careless Whisper was the numero uno hit for the entire year of 1985) has degenerated into what they used to call during my time as a 'junkie'... And then, there's Boy George who was seen in the news couple years back, engaging in a community service selling T-shirts after being caught with drugs. Sad, isn't it...

...Just an hour ago, I spilled a large, full bowl of ramen noodles on my couch. But contrary to what most people expect, I didn't feel a bit irritated or annoyed. Why? Because I've been training myself to control my emotions for decades and now, I hardly react negatively to such situation. It might be hard to imagine for most ordinary folks but I even humored myself for it even though I have a big cleaning job to do tomorrow morning. This is The Way I've always been trying to preach here...

BTW... thanks fenster, CFH and Dax for the reps. Always appreciate those cookies...

...gotta go now. oops, excuse for the typos if any, I'm always in a hurry these days...
    The premonition was correct too Pacfan;
    a chunk of space matter the size of planet Earth hit Jupiter at the end of last month we wont feel the effects if any for a long time as its a long way away. Michael Jackson got pages and pages the outer space explosion got about a paragraph.

In regards to getting upset with inane things or time: Im with you in that.
    But for me its not a further exersize in self control its more that I use the faith that Im being well looked after and if something or someone gets in my way then it is there to help me, maybe to disrupt my false timing so to avoid an accident resulting in much worse.

We see people die or worse still maimed from pushing to get somewhere or something a few seconds earlier in their own imagned time.
    That exersize also helps bring to light true reality out from the imagined materially experienced duality with all its pitfalls.

I hope all is well for you.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The premonition was correct too Pacfan;
    a chunk of space matter the size of planet Earth hit Jupiter at the end of last month we wont feel the effects if any for a long time as its a long way away. Michael Jackson got pages and pages the outer space explosion got about a paragraph.

In regards to getting upset with inane things or time: Im with you in that.
    But for me its not a further exersize in self control its more that I use the faith that Im being well looked after and if something or someone gets in my way then it is there to help me, maybe to disrupt my false timing so to avoid an accident resulting in much worse.

We see people die or worse still maimed from pushing to get somewhere or something a few seconds earlier in their own imagned time.
    That exersize also helps bring to light true reality out from the imagined materially experienced duality with all its pitfalls.

I hope all is well for you.
    Thanks for reminding me that, Andre, you have a very sharp eyes, eyes of a Zen master. Ya, I didn't actually mean 'control' and I've been actually preaching against that in all my sermons (I'm sounding like a priest). But sometimes I use the word 'control' in a loose sort of way so most people can grasp it more easily but I'll have to say that still, that's indeed an incorrect term. Like always, I should be emphasizing my letting be and letting go principles instead of any attempt to control anything (but I think I've already talked about that thousand times here so I will not go too much into that [I wrote extensively about that in one of Dizaster's thread (btw, where's he?), so if anyone's interested, check 'em out]).

So fellas, as my master Andre says, you just try to have faith and let it be and let it go, or if you are uncomfortable with the concept of God, just thinking that 'everything will be ok and something good lays ahead' should be good enough to start for you.

So some of you guys might be asking, 'so what's that got to do with my spilling ramen noodles?' Well it goes like this: I've been letting go of all my negative emotions during my meditation sessions that, after many (and I mean many) years, those emotions doesn't easily crop up anymore in most situations. That's why even when I spilled a full bowl of ramen on my fabric-based couch, I didn't feel a bit irritated or annoyed - those feeling just don't get aroused in me anymore under most situation. As they say. 'I'm eazzzzy.'

Well anywayz, my friends, my vacation is over so I gotta go again, but hope to drop by once in a while if I have some time to spare. In the meantime, just listen to what master Andre has got to say as he's got a treasure trove of wisdom to share with all of you so as to make your stay in this world just a little bit more comfortable and happy.

And Andre my friend, you've been little quiet about your philisophy lately and I've been missing them, so don't hesitate to share them here. Many people are quiet about these things but they are actually interested in them, maybe just too shy to come out in the open to acknowledge their interest. Have to go now, in the meantime, take care, brother.

Oops, I almost forgot, Happy Birthday Mizzy! Hope you had a nice celebration...

...adios and mabuhay!!!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Im flattered but Im still partaking in this crazy worlds things and Im still affected by them, so Im probably not practicing Zen as much as you Pacfan you have the masters chair.

I, like you have different fish to fry at the moment and it too has its effects, but Im recognizing them as outside effects so thats a decent start.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Im flattered but Im still partaking in this crazy worlds things and Im still affected by them, so Im probably not practicing Zen as much as you Pacfan you have the masters chair.

I, like you have different fish to fry at the moment and it too has its effects, but Im recognizing them as outside effects so thats a decent start.
    Naw, I've lost all that on the way: fame, pride, glory...

(btw, thanks Spico for the rep... been missing our war story chats...)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear Pac Fan ,we are agreed then; it stops here.

I dont like accolades either bro.

It is like flipping a mirror around between two people who dont want to know about it.

Accolades; I was simply returning them in kind, to see if you take them as you first gave them.

I dont wish to carry any extra luggage either my friend.

God be with you.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear Pac Fan ,we are agreed then; it stops here.

I dont like accolades either bro.

It is like flipping a mirror around between two people who dont want to know about it.

Accolades; I was simply returning them in kind, to see if you take them as you first gave them.

I dont wish to carry any extra luggage either my friend.

God be with you.
    To me there's no problem in giving or receiving accolades, I have no problem with that so I'll consider it as a form of goodwill from anyone who offers it sincerely, and that, of course, includes you, my good friend; what's probably wrong is desiring and seeking them...

BTW, did I you say somewhere that you're having a flu? If so, get well soon. You must have stayed up too long. So take a good rest, that's the only remedy for flu's...

Thread Information