Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where has KIMBO SLICE gone?

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I'm not American, but I'm with them when they don't tolerate sporting frauds as much as the Brits. Do you think that Audley would ever have been a multi millionaire in America as a boxer.

He may have made zillions as some touchy feeley therapist or self help fraud (because they fall for that social fraudster shit every time) ...... but not as a fighter.

How are people saying KIMBO is a fraud,why is that?He only lost once and he was classed and judged as a fraud straight away.Why because he lost?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no mate, he was never a real fighter who had anything approaching a technique. It was only a matter of time before he lost .... then we're in 'I told you so' mode !!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no mate, he was never a real fighter who had anything approaching a technique. It was only a matter of time before he lost .... then we're in 'I told you so' mode !!

Yeah but it is a fighting game after all and you expect to loose somewhere along the line of the UFC/MMA career arnt you?He took the youtube by storm and was knocking people out left,right and centre.Then he emerged onto the UFC scene(after being approached by the head member of the UFC).He loses once and everbody is shouting and balling that KIMBO is a big american fraud"WHY IS HE?"WHAT MAKES HIM A FRAUD AMERICA?I just dont understand.It'll be funny if he makes a come back and does really well and all of a sudden the americans shout and scream"KIMBO YOUR THE BEST!"WE NEVER THOUGHT YOU WERE A FRAUD!"He'll make a come back this year!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Over the festive period I randomly spotted him in 'Merry Christmas Drake and Josh' on Nickelodeon. He dressed up as Santa and everything. And before anyone says anything it was my little sister watching it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kimbo is deciding what he wants to do now

his contract holder was bought out by strike force, and he attended a k1 event a few months ago

strikeforce is willing to use him and i think they are trying to negotiate a low price, k1 is probably willing to use him

strikeforce also now holds deals with SHOWTIME and CBS, and it owuld make sense to use kimbo for the CBS shows, kimbo = RATINGS

he should be back fighting soon enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    I'm not American, but I'm with them when they don't tolerate sporting frauds as much as the Brits. Do you think that Audley would ever have been a multi millionaire in America as a boxer.

He may have made zillions as some touchy feeley therapist or self help fraud (because they fall for that social fraudster shit every time) ...... but not as a fighter.

How are people saying KIMBO is a fraud,why is that?He only lost once and he was classed and judged as a fraud straight away.Why because he lost?
    Yes, us Americans do jump all over someone when they lose even once. But Kimbo wasn't a fraud he was just overhyped. Brock Lesnar lost his first UFC fight, people said I told you so, and 3 fights later he is now the heavyweight champ. Kimbo did do good for himself, he knocked out Tank Abbott and choked out Ray Mercer. So he does have skills but not equal to the hype. Thats the business side of marketing. Take a beast guy and make him out to be a can't miss beast.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Yvonne to answer your question..He lost to a nobody, his org tanked, his trainer stopped working with him and I believe he has had personal/legal issues lately. The only televised org that would even touch this guy is Strikeforce and probably not. He was a gimmick and exposed. Best shot is to go to Japan and make money being a freakshow.

How was he a gimmick?I mean he did'nt get into the UFC/MMA game till late did he.Did he take a dive or something?I thought KIMBO SLICE had the tools to be a strong force in th UFC?Is everyone calling him a gimmick because he got beat?He only lost once(apart from the youtube version of him fighting a off duty copper).
    By gimmick I mean he never was any good and only an internet sensation. Sure he came to the fight game late and? I wouldn't care except that EliteXC was using his internet fame not his skill to market him and there org. He made a name for himself beating up on losers in street fights and was kod in under 20 seconds by a can. He never fought in the UFC by the way.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it amazing that people arent that aware of things sometimes..

1) Kimbo had never bought into his own hype

2)It was widely known that Kibo's dedication and training habits were on par with the best of them.

3)When it came to the real interviews and not the dark chair fight hype ones, he always said he was a work in progress and had along way to go,he always showed humility.

The guy who KO'd him had 10x the amount of professional fighting experience Slice hadand is a great striker.. Kimbo got clipped, nothing more nothing less, it wasnt like he took a sustained beating for 3 rounds and got pummeled into submission and outclassed...

It seems Kimbo was the only one aware of his standing in the sport as a novice trying to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a question for you Van, dont take this the wrong way either and I'm not trying to take a run at you.It's known that your in the Military and I for one appreciate the fact that you lay your rear end on the line to protect my freedom in the US

But why are you advertising yourself as a "Bonfied Combat Killer" ? I am going out on a limb here and going to speak for the majority on this site and the world, and say you really dont have to validate that to anyone. Any discerning human knows war is a terrible thing but deemed necessary to keep balance and peace, its a dirty job abd someone like yourself has selflessly volunteered to do it.. It just seems like your advocating some sort of prominence for being a killer.

I have family from the Korean war, Vietnam as well as people I worked with from Vietnam, and they dont like to talk about the killing they had to do especially in close quartes hand to hand combat were they have to look that person in the eye, while taking their life... They dont make it known they had to kill, nor do they like to talk about it.

Just asking my friend
    Last edited by JT Rock; 02-25-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I find it amazing that people arent that aware of things sometimes..

1) Kimbo had never bought into his own hype

2)It was widely known that Kibo's dedication and training habits were on par with the best of them.

3)When it came to the real interviews and not the dark chair fight hype ones, he always said he was a work in progress and had along way to go,he always showed humility.

The guy who KO'd him had 10x the amount of professional fighting experience Slice hadand is a great striker.. Kimbo got clipped, nothing more nothing less, it wasnt like he took a sustained beating for 3 rounds and got pummeled into submission and outclassed...

It seems Kimbo was the only one aware of his standing in the sport as a novice trying to improve.
    absolutely perfect post. petruzelli is FAR from a nobody. and EVERYBODY in mma has been caught on the chin. 4oz gloves will do that. and kimbo handled the defeat like a perfect gentleman.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a question for you Van, dont take this the wrong way either and I'm not trying to take a run at you.It's known that your in the Military and I for one appreciate the fact that you lay your rear end on the line to protect my freedom in the US

But why are you advertising yourself as a "Bonfied Combat Killer" ? I am going out on a limb here and going to speak for the majority on this site and the world, and say you really dont have to validate that to anyone. Any discerning human knows war is a terrible thing but deemed necessary to keep balance and peace, its a dirty job abd someone like yourself has selflessly volunteered to do it.. It just seems like you enjoy being a killer.

I have family from the korean war, Vietnam as well as people I worked with from Vietnam, and they dont like to talk about the killing they had to do especially in close quartes hand to hand combat were they have to look that person in the eye, while taking their life... They didnt make it known they had to kill.

Just asking my friend
    I'm an ex-soldier - British Parachute Regiment (like some of the other guys on here). Only 3 years, but saw some service in Northern Ireland, Belize, Yeman and some other places. sat around on my arse in lots of other places with nothing happening too

I wouldn't be putting 'Bonafide combat killer' as an internet tag line, but maybe that's just me.

It's a good question ....... not having any sort of criticism to anyone, but I have been wondering that for a while too. Who are you joined up with Van?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT I understand the question but to be honest I'm not going to discuss this on an internet forum. Take the tag for what you want but you've never heard me brag about taking human life...ever

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But why are you advertising yourself as a "Bonfied Combat Killer" ? I am going out on a limb here and going to speak for the majority on this site and the world, and say you really dont have to validate that to anyone. Any discerning human knows war is a terrible thing but deemed necessary to keep balance and peace, its a dirty job abd someone like yourself has selflessly volunteered to do it.. It just seems like you enjoy being a killer.

I have family from the korean war, Vietnam as well as people I worked with from Vietnam, and they dont like to talk about the killing they had to do especially in close quartes hand to hand combat were they have to look that person in the eye, while taking their life... They didnt make it known they had to kill.

Just asking my friend
    I'm an ex-soldier - British Parachute Regiment (like some of the other guys on here). Only 3 years, but saw some service in Northern Ireland, Belize, Yeman and some other places. sat around on my arse in lots of other places with nothing happening too

I wouldn't be putting 'Bonafide combat killer' as an internet tag line, but maybe that's just me.

It's a good question ....... not having any sort of criticism to anyone, but I have been wondering that for a while too. Who are you joined up with Van?
    United States Army
    10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT I understand the question but to be honest I'm not going to discuss this on an internet forum. Take the tag for what you want but you've never heard me brag about taking human life...ever
    Fair enough dude

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I'm just curious as to if you didn't want to discuss it on the internet, why did you make you tag say that? I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand the logic.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information