Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where has KIMBO SLICE gone?

Killer, honestly I don't really feel that I have to explain myself on an internet forum in regards to what I do for a living. The tag is a statement about part of who I am. A good infantryman must embrace his job. To much depends on myself and my soldiers not wavering at a critical moment in combat. Embracing means coming to terms with using lethal force. Each of us deals with it in different ways. Would you stop a Marine in public and ask him about his "Born to Kill" tattoo? As I've said I've never bragged about taking human life. I'm proud of my profession and I'm proud to be a combat Infantryman. So in a sense I'm proud to be a "Bonafide Combat Killer". I apologize if this offends anyone but I think they need to get over it. Now can we get back to the MMA forum.

I bare no ill will towards Kimbo, but I never really thought much of the guy skill wise and was tired of hearing about him with so much fanfare from mma promotions and uneducated fans. I applaud his gracious defeat but I have to say I'm glad the media will now promote him as he should have been from the start.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Killer, honestly I don't really feel that I have to explain myself on an internet forum in regards to what I do for a living. The tag is a statement about part of who I am. A good infantryman must embrace his job. To much depends on myself and my soldiers not wavering at a critical moment in combat. Embracing means coming to terms with using lethal force. Each of us deals with it in different ways. Would you stop a Marine in public and ask him about his "Born to Kill" tattoo? As I've said I've never bragged about taking human life. I'm proud of my profession and I'm proud to be a combat Infantryman. So in a sense I'm proud to be a "Bonafide Combat Killer". I apologize if this offends anyone but I think they need to get over it. Now can we get back to the MMA forum.

I bare no ill will towards Kimbo, but I never really thought much of the guy skill wise and was tired of hearing about him with so much fanfare from mma promotions and uneducated fans. I applaud his gracious defeat but I have to say I'm glad the media will now promote him as he should have been from the start.
    I'll let this drop, but I have asked an ex-Marine about a Born to Kill tattoo as luck may have it. He said it didn't mean anything anymore, but it made sense when he was in the corps. Also, I apologize if you take offense for exercising the right you are defending.

Anywho, Kimbo could have a great career doing four round boxing matches like Butterbean.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll let it go after this last point

Its like going to your Surgeon... He dosent have a sign on his door that says "Bonafied operating genius"

Some things go without saying dude... It's only been brought up because there was quite a few who mentioned it and were perplexed, just looks like it suggests prominence of some sort,like a sense of pride..

We dont see what you do and you may have to have a certain edge or persona to you ,so your able to survive and keep it together I dont know

I for one have expressed gratitude over your great sacrafice and mean it from the bottom of my heart, the closest I'll ever come is being a coast guard reservist and that certainly pales in comparison to the specialization of what you do...

But from a civilian standpoint, your tag is pretty loud in its suggestions.. thats all
    Last edited by JT Rock; 02-27-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo and Seth's camp are looking for a rematch this summer and if Kimbo loses he says he will be through with MMA.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    Kimbo and Seth's camp are looking for a rematch this summer and if Kimbo loses he says he will be through with MMA.

I knew he'd make a come back.For crying out loud he lost once and then loads of people started saying he was a con.It is the fight game after all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of thought that they would reschedule the fight between Kimbo and Ken Shamrock. Decent test for an up and comer and name value for his resume. Plus it would sell tickets.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back to youtube where he belongs, i hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Back to youtube where he belongs, i hope.
    Funny,I was going to say back to his cardboard box behind the local 7-11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I find it amazing that people arent that aware of things sometimes..

1) Kimbo had never bought into his own hype

2)It was widely known that Kibo's dedication and training habits were on par with the best of them.

3)When it came to the real interviews and not the dark chair fight hype ones, he always said he was a work in progress and had along way to go,he always showed humility.

The guy who KO'd him had 10x the amount of professional fighting experience Slice hadand is a great striker.. Kimbo got clipped, nothing more nothing less, it wasnt like he took a sustained beating for 3 rounds and got pummeled into submission and outclassed...

It seems Kimbo was the only one aware of his standing in the sport as a novice trying to improve.
    I agree with everything you said. But people seem to put all their hate on a fighter as if he was responsible for his hype. Kimbo and his trainer El Guapo would be the first to tell you that they didn't want to be the face of Strike Force, they didnt want to fight on main events. They wanted to fight on some undercards and get experience. If you want to blame anyopne blame Elite XC for putting him out there in an attempt to get more ratings. But don't hate on Kimbo who isn't even in charge of how big he is hyped and didn't even buy into it and handled his loss like a complete gentleman. Channel your hate elsewhere, because Kimbo has done nothing wrong
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post

I'll let this drop, but I have asked an ex-Marine about a Born to Kill tattoo as luck may have it. He said it didn't mean anything anymore, but it made sense when he was in the corps. Also, I apologize if you take offense for exercising the right you are defending.

Anywho, Kimbo could have a great career doing four round boxing matches like Butterbean.
    humm... Butterbean had a correct Chin but Kimbo's highly suspect on that behalf.... don't you think it would get him ko'ed way too often, especially as he's more of a rugged street brawler?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information