Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chess link Jack Rudd

Is ICB going to wear a Saddo shirt at this event?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    Is ICB going to wear a Saddo shirt at this event?
    Yeah with a huge view of an ocean on it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

duh I sent this as a pm to Sharla, or at least I meant to, what an idiot posting it on the main board.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like giving up chess now.

I was 2-0 in this weekend's East Devon tournament, playing on board one for the chance to be the outright leader.

I completely smashed my opponent, went a piece up, then a rook up, and just as I was about to finish him off people started gathering round our board and I blundered and lost to a one move check mate

I will post the game up in a bit when I've calmed down.

I should be leading this tournament, now I can't be bothered to even continue.

Fucking stupid fucking kunting game

I actually wanted to glass my opponent afterwards for actually beating me in such a shitty way. It was like a boxer dancing rings around his opponents winning every round and then when he raises his arms 5 seconds before the final bell in celebration gets sucker punched and sparked out.

I'm taking up Connect 4 now.
    Last edited by Kev; 03-07-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I was 2-0 in this weekend's East Devon tournament, playing on board one for the chance to be the outright leader.

I completely smashed my opponent, went a piece up, then a rook up, and just as I was about to finish him off people started gathering round our board and I blundered and lost to a one move check mate

I actually wanted to glass my opponent afterwards for actually beating me in such a shitty way. It was like a boxer dancing rings around his opponents winning every round and then when he raises his arms 5 seconds before the final bell in celebration gets sucker punched and sparked out.

lol sorry, but that is a pretty funny analogy. It almost peaks my interest in that boring game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, tomorrow when you go back to the tournament people will be whispering "There goes the guy who walked into a mate in one, what a dummy, I hope I get to play him."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, you better prepared I'm a Connect 4 Grandmaster with a ranking of 2100.

I've often thought of Noughts & Crosses as looking down a well, whilst Connect 4 is more like gazing across an ocean

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Well, you better prepared I'm a Connect 4 Grandmaster with a ranking of 2100.

I've often thought of Noughts & Crosses as looking down a well, whilst Connect 4 is more like gazing across an ocean
    haha

@CGM, I've withdrawn from the tournament now. Not because I'm bitter about the loss, (although I am FUCKING BITTER ABOUT THE LOSS!!!) but I just don't think its worth the time and money. It's 30 odd miles away, parking is £10 a day, I have to buy my meals there so in all costs over £30 a day and I can't win now so I'd rather have a day to catch up with my web orders and analyse the three games I did play properly.

I'm pretty happy with the way I played overall, I think already I'm as good as anyone in these little tournaments and within another year I should be competing successfully at the next level above (125-140)

So I pick myself up and dust myself off from this loss to an unworthy and prepare, (like Charlie Zelenoff) for my next big test.

I'll also show you my fine victory against the Kings Indian in round 1 too later, much thanks for those training games in that opening, definitely paid off, he was the second highest rated guy in the tournament

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread sucks

I'm giving serious thought to banning Bilbo from it, then we can all sit around and talked about how he fucked up and he won't be able to respond.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey hey. That would be freat to laugh at Bilbo and him not being able to respond.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    This thread sucks

I'm giving serious thought to banning Bilbo from it, then we can all sit around and talked about how he fucked up and he won't be able to respond.
    It's like doing an "ICB" on Bilbo

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread sucks

I'm with you.

Maybe a total ban on gay chess threads?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    This thread sucks

I'm with you.

Maybe a total ban on gay chess threads?
    Chess is for nerds and fags. Books probably too.

Lame.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh, I actually like chess.

I'm horrible at it. I play like once a year and get pissed off that I'm no good. I just feel like if I'm gonna ban anyone from their thread it might as well be Bilbo.

Thread Information