Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Victor Ortiz

Who was impressed by this kid last night? Not just because of his win but attitude as well. Jury still out on his chin because I never seen him get hit so I can't tell but anyone else see a star in the future?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Victor Ortiz

Yeah Vic seemed like a pretty good kid. Kind of reminds me of Fernando Vargas.....I think he has potential.....He has that one loss on his record (which I believe was a DQ in a fight Vic was winning) so maybe they will move him along a little quicker (dont have to worry about the "0" going). Seems very personable and charismatic.........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah the rematch with Arnaoutis will be really intersting I think.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    yeah the rematch with Arnaoutis will be really intersting I think.

The greatness of Mike Arnaoutis.

Despite the fact he landed maybe 5 shots and threw maybe 20 and was just going easy on Ortiz. Prompted Ortiz to say that Arnaoutis and greek fighters are very tough.

Just wait till the rematch when Arnaoutis lands 6 shots and throws 21. Ortiz will be overwhelmed.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ortiz needs a big more of a challange before we can rate his chances against a Hatton or Pac, id put him in with an Uranga, Mallinaggi or someone of that standard, then we can talk somemore about his chances of being a big player at 140.

I think a fight against Uranga would be fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    I think Ortiz needs a big more of a challange before we can rate his chances against a Hatton or Pac, id put him in with an Uranga, Mallinaggi or someone of that standard, then we can talk somemore about his chances of being a big player at 140.

I think a fight against Uranga would be fun to watch.
    He would stop Urango. Malignaggi gets hit way too much nowadays and he wouldnt be able to hold Victor off.

Let me pick a name no one else is.

Lamont Peterson
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this one has HUGE potential and knows how to close the show.But I'm always weary of jumping the gun,GBP has done a great Job of getting him seen on some high profile cards and hes taking full advantage of it.I really thought Mike would take him rounds but Ortiz studied him,closed and then dropped the hammer for a big KO.He did wait around a little,almost just looking for one huge shot.Seems to have a level head.

He's stepped up the competition but not immensely,he really needs adversity and need to see him go some rounds,face a punching threat,I think hes been dropped early and come back strong many fights ago but that next big step will answer many questions.Sometimes when everything is going a guys way and hes blowing everyone out...he may get complacent and start looking past the tough work that will be immediately in front of him as a consequence.Ortiz has faced big adversity outside of the ring and over come it,needs to go through it in the ring more so Imo.Definatley one to watch.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see Peterson ever making it to world level. I think Ortiz will though I remember him getting knocked on his arse a few fights back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I don't see Peterson ever making it to world level. I think Ortiz will though I remember him getting knocked on his arse a few fights back.

wasnt that on the ODLH-Forbes undercard??

I also remember seeing that and thinking how naive he was for stepping in and getting caught.

But you can only beat whats put infront of you and blowing out a guy who`s close to him in the rankings within 2rounds obviously suggests he is ready for the next level of his initiation

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

wasnt that on the ODLH-Forbes undercard??

I also remember seeing that and thinking how naive he was for stepping in and getting caught.

But you can only beat whats put infront of you and blowing out a guy who`s close to him in the rankings within 2rounds obviously suggests he is ready for the next level of his initiation
    Top prospects always look good against c/d/e level opposition (except for the occasional Bredis Prescott moment ) but it's when they get moved up to the fringes of world titles that you find out how good they are. I've seen Berto look like a world beater against low level opposition but then he fought Collazo and didn't look anything too special and you wonder how far he'll go. I think ortiz will have a better career than Berto right now but I'd like to see him in against quality first before saying he's going to be world class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...the kid looked pretty bad ass on sat. I haven't seen it on tv yet but the stoppage looked a little early but ortiz got it done either way. Really nice kid and very outspoken and funny. We got a couple of pic's of the guy but he was runnin around choppin it up with pretty much everyone after...nice kid lot of potential.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz will be the future of welterweight & the P4P list. I was impressed with this kid since I first seen him in telefutura.

But don't force him yet to fight Manny Pacquiao. He's not yet ready & he knows it coz Pac schools him in sparring.

The best fight for him are guys with Name recognition but not so dangerous. I like him to fight Judah. That will be exciting. It will southpaw vs southpaw again. Judah always make a good highlight boxing reel. Everytime he gets Knockout, it's always spectacular. Nate campbell will be the other. Another KO highlight reel waiting to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    Ortiz will be the future of welterweight & the P4P list. I was impressed with this kid since I first seen him in telefutura.

But don't force him yet to fight Manny Pacquiao. He's not yet ready & he knows it coz Pac schools him in sparring.

The best fight for him are guys with Name recognition but not so dangerous. I like him to fight Judah. That will be exciting. It will southpaw vs southpaw again. Judah always make a good highlight boxing reel. Everytime he gets Knockout, it's always spectacular. Nate campbell will be the other. Another KO highlight reel waiting to happen.
    Trust u reply to a thread about Vic Ortiz with a comment about Manny Pac. Fucken hell its getting beyond ridiculous.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait is this might sound dumb but is Victor Ortiz 140 or is he going to move up with the big boys because at welter weight he does not have to many chances to get much done at light welter i am sure he can pick up a belt but he is still pretty young guy Bradly be a good fight i think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has great potential. Great pop and fluidity on his punches...and he doesn't back down. A little too early to determine his future...he will need to go up against some stiffer opposition. But he has all the physical tools and attitude to be a force.

Thread Information