Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: troubleBound's log

I've been considering starting to consume creatine. Any information on that (should I "load" or just tell me how to consume it), would be helpful? Also, if you think it'd be a waste of money at this point let me know too. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you want to take creatine?? Just curious cuz it has some benefites, but unless you have a specific reason you can live without it.

One thing you should think about is improving your diet, especially pre and post workout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I think I've made some improvements nutrition-wise. I still have some things to polish. Creatine would be for faster recovery I guess. Especially last week there were days when I'd go to the boxing gym earlier in the day and I wouldn't feel like doing much else pretty much for the rest of the day. I guess I can live without, though.

Yesterday I finished the day with some capoeira squats, some assisted pistols, some assited 1-arm pushups, some close grip pushups, some triangle pushups, some clap pushups and I also did this one exercise: you start on your knees, do as if you were squating on your knees, just a little bit and propel yourself up so you stand upright without using your hands, just your legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

went to the boxing gym yesterday. Did 3 rounds skipping, 3 rounds shadow, then like 4.5 rounds heavy bag, and I threw more punches than ever before. I felt very energized. Then did a round of capoeira squats and that torso rotation exercise. Then a round of core exercises and capoeira squats. Then 3 rounds of speed bag. Yesterday was a longer session. I also did some triangle pushups later in the day and some negative chinups.

Today I might just do some tabata burpees and more bodyweight exercises. Only my abs are sore today. Arms and everything else feel alright except for some of my neck muscles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After two of the busiest days in my life, I finally got to do something today. I ran 2.75 miles in 25 minutes. I was doing fine. I finished the first 2 miles in like 16 minutes, but had a terrible stitch and had to briskly walk for most of the last .75 mile.

Tomorrow thinking about doing tabata burpees and going to the boxing gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been a while. I haven't gone to the boxing gym this month because I'm out of the country. Will be back by August. Have kept exercising, still with no access to weights, either. I've done a lot of circuit training and stuff that challenges not only my strength but also my flexibility (and it makes good cardio. I've done a lot of capoeira exercises for this, can do the capoeira squats flawlessly and lots of back bridges, and I'm working towards the handstand and handstand pushup). And I just feel like today I reached a milestone. After trying and trying to do pistol squats, I read the detailed section on pistols from the naked warrior and for about 1 week I did box-assisted pistols every day, but then, this week, I managed to do like 5 sets of 2 pretty well-performed pistol squats (I mean, I did fall back and to the sides a couple of times, but I would always get back up and manage to do the 2nd rep, and on each set I felt like I could do 1 or 2 more but I didn't wanna push it. I know if I keep doing several mini sets like this whenever I get the chance, I will not get too sore and will improve my form). I feel so strong and accomplished.

Still working towards the 1-arm pushup (I'm waiting for this one before attempting handstands, because since I have no training partner to help me, I wanna make sure my arms/triceps and core stabilizers are stronger before attempting by myself, just in case). I think by the end of the month I'll be either really close or there already, hopefully. I've kept doing tabata burpees too and I'm down to about 16% bodyfat at 84 kilos (I thought for sure it was gonna be more like 20%. Well, I'm pretty sure it was considerably higher a month or 2 ago, cause now I can see more detail in my muscles, especially my core muscles). I really want to get handstand pushups and 1-armed pushups by the end of the summer (by august). Then I'll start lifting weights and go back to boxing.

Thread Information