Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tyson Fury fighting again this weekend!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury fighting again this weekend!

Tyson Fury, once again, is fighting this weekend on ITV4, on the undercard of Elcock V Macklin.

He'll be facing Lee Swaby, who is a better opponent than any of his first 3 fighters, although Swaby has actually lost just as many as hes won, which is 20 odd I think.

Plus he has the recognition as the only guy besides David Haye to beat Enzo Macarinelli when he was starting out, by a KO.

That fact aside, I see Mr. Fury beating him soundly, but hope that we'll see more of Fury's skills, and not just have another "I'll walk at you and pummel you with my uppercut while you stand and watch" kinda fight.

But we'll see eh , any thoughts on the fight?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury fighting again this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post
    Tyson Fury, once again, is fighting this weekend on ITV4, on the undercard of Elcock V Macklin.

He'll be facing Lee Swaby, who is a better opponent than any of his first 3 fighters, although Swaby has actually lost just as many as hes won, which is 20 odd I think.

Plus he has the recognition as the only guy besides David Haye to beat Enzo Macarinelli when he was starting out, by a KO.

That fact aside, I see Mr. Fury beating him soundly, but hope that we'll see more of Fury's skills, and not just have another "I'll walk at you and pummel you with my uppercut while you stand and watch" kinda fight.

But we'll see eh , any thoughts on the fight?

I like the confidence Fury's team have in their man they are putting him in with decent opposition right from the start. Swaby is no mug and knows how to handle himself, although as a former cruiserweight it will obviously be a size mismatch.

Fury should win handsomely but I think it's a decent third fight for him and he's moving along quickly. I could see him in with someone on the level of Chris Burton, Sam Sexton within a few months so he's doing alright.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't stand this guy from the second he said he was the best HW in the world, and I also haven't liked the stoppages in his fights, particularly the 2nd against the German Zeller, I thought that was one of the most bullshit stoppages I've seen in a while. I wanna see him in with David Price or Derek Chisora in a few fights

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I couldn't stand this guy from the second he said he was the best HW in the world, and I also haven't liked the stoppages in his fights, particularly the 2nd against the German Zeller, I thought that was one of the most bullshit stoppages I've seen in a while. I wanna see him in with David Price or Derek Chisora in a few fights
    I think that the stoppages in the fight against Zeller was fairly reasonable. Zeller was covering up and not firing back, and at this level of fights, the refs are acutely aware of why these guys are there, for the paycheque rather than to fight to the bitter end, and they don't want it to turn into something that could get someone seriously hurt. There was no way back into it for Zeller, and he was in danger of taking a bit of a beating. Price of Chisora might be decent testing opponents towards the end of the year, let him get his feet under him in the pros, and put a few rounds behind him.

As for Swaby, he's a canny operator, and as previously mentioned has the big scalp of Enzo Maccarinelli, and I like the progress in Fury's opponents early on. He's got potential, despite the hype and the anti-hype.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me Fury is a hype job , he doesn't possess any kind of power to take him to the very top , were he seems to think he is going.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    For me Fury is a hype job , he doesn't possess any kind of power to take him to the very top , were he seems to think he is going.

You say that about all British prospects thought Dark Al. I remember you saying Kell Brook lacks the power for the highest level as well and he's been destroying guys ever since.

Just the fact that Fury can throw 100 punches a round makes him the fastest and most active heavyweight of the past 10 years or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Tyson Fury fighting again this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

i agree mate, fury is all mouth and at the moment and he believes he is the best british heavyweight around, well if thats the case let him fight our top boys even Williams or sprott would be good for his press, i think he should fight Harrison lol, the problem with him is he's a gypsie wannabe his family are a traveller breed but he's not really a gypsie he talks shit lol, not saying i have a problem with travellers my family are from a long list of romanie's (real gypsie lie Bartley Gorman) but he needs to stop talking bull and get on with some real oponents that will use his abilities to try and catch a win, also i think his dream of world title are far out of reach, put him in a ring with world rank fighters like Povetkin, klitchsko or even the Tua man and he'll fold, even fighters like Sanders or even Barrett would push him too, i think he could win a european title cause the EU champ is a joker!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I think that the stoppages in the fight against Zeller was fairly reasonable. Zeller was covering up and not firing back, and at this level of fights, the refs are acutely aware of why these guys are there, for the paycheque rather than to fight to the bitter end, and they don't want it to turn into something that could get someone seriously hurt. There was no way back into it for Zeller, and he was in danger of taking a bit of a beating. Price of Chisora might be decent testing opponents towards the end of the year, let him get his feet under him in the pros, and put a few rounds behind him.

As for Swaby, he's a canny operator, and as previously mentioned has the big scalp of Enzo Maccarinelli, and I like the progress in Fury's opponents early on. He's got potential, despite the hype and the anti-hype.
    Gotta disagree with you rhun, Zeller was firing back a bit, & actually dropped his gloves because Fury kept hitting him very low, he was complaining to the ref & then the ref stopped it. To me it didn't look like Fury was gonna stop him. Coupled to that, one of my friends was ringside, & told me that Hennessy was screamin at the ref to stop the fight. If it was Germany we'd be suspicious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's active and doing his best to garner interest with his talk. I think he truly believes he's that good and willing to back that up by calling out more experienced guys. IMO he's not good enough to make it to the top but there eill be good fights out there on the British scene.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta disagree with you rhun, Zeller was firing back a bit, & actually dropped his gloves because Fury kept hitting him very low, he was complaining to the ref & then the ref stopped it. To me it didn't look like Fury was gonna stop him. Coupled to that, one of my friends was ringside, & told me that Hennessy was screamin at the ref to stop the fight. If it was Germany we'd be suspicious
    For the 30 seconds before the ref stepped in, I didn't see more than two or three come back, and nothing that was going to trouble Fury, and Zeller's head was being moved around a fair bit by Fury's shots.

As for dropping his hands, in a six rounder at this level, you can't let the other guy hit you and not throw back or the ref will step in. Zeller had caught Fury on the chin earlier in the fight, and Fury hadn't flinched, so I don't think there was any other result there apart from a Fury win.

With Hennessy then, I'm not sure if he just thought it should be over, but there was no evidence at all in that fight that he should be worried about his boy getting defeated.

Thread Information