Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Well Done Amir Khan

Credit where it's due

OK you can say Barrera was shot, old, small....

You can say the cut effected him.....

but you can't take away the fact Khan took the fight to Barrera and put on a great display.

i'm well Happy for Khan... i am a critic but rightly so, his chin is crap.... but they are working on his defence and the UK just might have something special in Khan.

well done to him... think its about time we got behind this young kid instead of pissing and moaning because we get a prediction wrong.

Prescot rematch is the way forward IMO.. or leave it for a mega fight is they both keep winning.

my

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Well Done Amir Khan

Good post Saddo I'm not going to hail Khan as the second coming but he deserves some credit at least... it's just so frustrating to see the Barrera fan boys giving him zero credit for it and no doubt we'll be hearing some "If barrera wasn't cut he would of won" posts pretty soon..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, Khan fought a good fight and deserved the win. It would have been a shame imo for it to end with 3 rounds and no victor, as opposed to getting 4 and going to the cards and giving the win to the person who earned it. In this case, Amir Khan.

Barerra had no answer to his speed and agility. Is he old? Is he shot? Doesn't really matter, he signed up for the fight. And he lost fair and square. Kudos to him for going on despite the cut, imo. The man is pure class and a true legend. And kudos to Khan for a deserved win.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 03-14-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeaa exellent result for Khan. Shame to see barrera go out like that. I just hope the khan camp dont get to exited and throw him in with JMM cos we what would be the outcome. Hes needs to slowsly progress and perfect that defence then maybe move up to world level.
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post
    Yeaa exellent result for Khan. Shame to see barrera go out like that. I just hope the khan camp dont get to exited and throw him in with JMM cos we what would be the outcome. Hes needs to slowsly progress and perfect that defence then maybe move up to world level.
    I'm struggling with the result still, so find it hard to give Khan any credit. He did box well for 4 rounds and was winning the fight. But I cannot say that he beat Barrera because in my heart of hearts I don't think he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is undeniably skilled. He has world class ability no question. But his chin is going to be his downfall as it is his biggest weakness. He cant afford to have a single defensive lapse. I think Roach knows this and thats why they worked on it. The good thing is, that makes him an interesting fighter to watch. I think lot of people will tune in to watch him based on that. Im sure thats not what he wants to be the reason, but it will. If he can get some more good wins and a title, then hopefully those people will start to watch him more for his skills, cause he does have them.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Khan did everything he needed to do right tonight, kept his gloves up, took a few good shots off Barrera and overall I thought he outworked him from the beginning. Yes Barrera had a bad cut, which no doubt affected his performance but the fact is Khan looked dominating prior to that. Like many said you can't decide MAB is shot AFTER the fight, you do it before if you want to. Many of the people sayin stuff like 'Con didnt win' or 'he ain't proved shit' were the same people who beforehand were sayin MAB was gonna knock six shades of shit out of Khan. Accept it he fought well & deserved the victory. I actually think Barrera didnt quit prior to the 4th as most likely he didnt wanna be the one to make it a NC. I respect him for goin thru with it, & whilst I disagree with him, I can understand why he was frustrated just after the fight. No doubt he wanted to keep goin. What a fighter he is & now hopefully was, as I think its time to call it a day. So congrats to Amir Khan for a quality performance & to Marco Antonio Barrera, thanks for the memories

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That type of ending was my worst nightmare BUT Khan was impressive. Barrera never looked like he was gonna be in the fight.

They're not gonna go near Prescott ever again.

PLEASE can he fight John Murray for the Brit title.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol well BoomBoom, there is truth in that. If Amir got dropped like a sack of potatoes 45 seconds in I would probably have laughed my ass off. For some reason that i am not even aware, it is kinda funny.

But bearing that in mind, yes, Khan has skills. Great hand speed and agility, and seems to have worked a good game plan it. We never saw it come to the kind of fruition to silence doubters, and we won't either until he gets more fights under his belt. I've seen him wobbled and dropped enough to believe his chin is crap. I don't think he will be a great. but the guy has skills, and IMO deserves credit for this fight.

It is a shame to see MAB leave like this, but hey, he earned a nice cheque, and the man is a warrior...it doesn't in any way surprise me. So a big hats off to him and his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should stay away from Bredis Prescott for now....and never fight Ali Funeka, that would be disasterous for him imo. Aside from them, Diaz or Casa would eventually be interesting and possibly winnable. First though Id like to see him in with someone in the top 20, not sure hes ready for those guys in his next couple fights.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan looked good, showed some new defence and stuck to the plan, Barrera looked to small, too slow and lacked that spark that he had when on point back in the day. Well done to Amir he showed he can adapt his style but I think the jury's still out until he fights a young puncher his own size again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I'm struggling with the result still, so find it hard to give Khan any credit. He did box well for 4 rounds and was winning the fight. But I cannot say that he beat Barrera because in my heart of hearts I don't think he did.
    I'm pretty much the same, but what happened, happened. Amir Khan has a win over Marco Antonio Barrera on his record..........urrrgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh please. You're just in denial. You'll get over it in couple of days.

I guess Khan is not "gay" at afterall.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Oh please. You're just in denial. You'll get over it in couple of days.

I guess Khan is not "gay" at afterall.
    Khan is just as gay as ever. What kind of man accepts that as a win on his record?? A big gay one!

He did what needed to be done, but it was a NC that got warped by homecooking.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I think he should stay away from Bredis Prescott for now....and never fight Ali Funeka, that would be disasterous for him imo. Aside from them, Diaz or Casa would eventually be interesting and possibly winnable. First though Id like to see him in with someone in the top 20, not sure hes ready for those guys in his next couple fights.

I think Khan would complete dominately Casamayor. I'd love to see that fight and listen to VD's excuses after his man gets retired by his corner after about 6 rounds.

Thread Information