Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what a shit night for boxing!!

Nicky getting withdrawn from a fight that should not of been stopped so close to the end of the round

Enzo Mac getting suckerpunched by a guy he is far superior than

Barrera having the misfortune of having to fight khan with only one seeing eye

Fight being ruled a khan win after not even 5 completed rounds

main event turning into a complete anti climax that didnt deliver anything

FYI - Yes i am indeed a very bitter boxing fan this afternoon
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what a shit night for boxing!!

Ah I blame Nicky for his loss, jumping stright back in after on just getting up from the floor in time, should've hugged a bit or moved around, silly bugger.

Enzo, also blame him for his loss, although you're right, Afolabi hasn't got the greatest CV. Credit to him for winning though, even if Enzo was a dumbarse. "I guess I should've done some more sparring"...hmmm...after a year or so without decent opposition you think so Enzo? deary me.

And the Khan fight was just totally unfortunate, cut or no cut Khan looks like he's learnt a lot but, thing is, we wont really know for sure until he's against a guy who can see out of both eyes I guess, shame really.

Bloody boxing, can't help loving the millions of twists n turns it takes, so exciting and utterly unpredictable, guess that's why it's one of the best sports in the world. Even if it does leave you pissed off sometimes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, it happens. They just got beaten by better men, that's all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan-Barrera was a terrible anticlimax because of the cut.

I backed Cook and Enzo to get KO'd so, even though i'm undoubtedly a traitor cunt, it wasn't so bad for me
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was it worth the £14.99
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan Barrera was an anti climax after all the news articles, forums, talk, press conferences and everything and to be honest going on the 1st round it was lookin like a decent fight ahead.

But cuts man what can you do? It looked to me like Khan was setting up to win the fight but id rather him lose and me be proved wrong than winnin like that and not finding anything out.

I expected Cook to lose, not quite like that though, i saw a late stoppage, that Peurto Rican is a top fighter.

Enzo? He looked awful and knackered, that really poor outing really suprised me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was some big knockdowns tho last night, whith pryce,cook and Enzo all on the end of some massive shots.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Nicky getting withdrawn from a fight that should not of been stopped so close to the end of the round
    Cook was seriously hurt and out on his feet. The ref has no way of knowing how many seconds are left in the round. His job is to protect the guy's life and well-being. BTW, I loved the outcome of the fight, so it's all relative.

This I'll sort of agree with. I think everyone would've wanted the fight to occur without the anti-climax of that huge gash that changed the complexity of the whole fight. Shame, it would've been a tremendous fight.

Shit night for boxing? Or shit night for you as a fan? Remember, boxing's all about perspective. I've taken the liberty of commenting on a couple of your statements above.

(Also, I thought the Hall-Pryce fight was pretty entertaining).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually it was a great night for British boxing.

The reality is that on the world stage Khan is the only one that will generate any money and stateside interest, he won a dominant win over Barrera and won't suffer at all from the fact that Barrera was cut, Khan will likely become the cash cow for everyone at 135 who wants a big payday and can't get Manny to fight them.

Already I'd imagine JM Marquez would make far more money fighting Khan than he would anyone else, Manny excluded.

As for Enzo, he's a nice fella but shockingly poor as a 'world class' fighter, he's domestic level at best imo, and has just benefited from picking up very easy belts.

As to his loss being bad for Britiain, his opponent was also British, and a Londoner, which as an Englishmen is far more preferable to having a Taff represent us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Nicky Cook was in no state to continue, he'd taken two heavy knockdowns that he'd barely made it up from each time, and looked out of it. The ref made the right call, regardless how long was left, another barrage from Martinez could've damaged him. I was gonna support Cook till I saw him wearin Man Utd gear into the ring

Enzo was actually beaten by a slicker, significantly less experienced fighter. Not necessarily inferior at all. I thought Ola whilst probably behind on the cards just had taken over the rounds. Enzo probably edged the first 2, Ola easily took the 3rd, & 4 & 5 were definitely Enzo's, but from then on it was close & it looked liked Ola was taking over. There was no way it was a suckerpunch, even Jim Watt admitted it was on the cards. I'm delighted for Ola, who's from the same area as me, and is also good friends with my trainer, so kinda feels like a victory for our boxing club

Also its pissin me off that some of the press keep trying to make out he's not British. He was BORN in London (not Nigeria as some keep spouting, just because his parents are from there) and he lived here till he was 21 when he went to the States to be a professional. This is even more blatant than Lennox, the guy is British. End of.

The Khan fight was obviously anti-climactic I agree, although it didn't look like Barrera really had anything, people saying he got some good shots in just before it got stopped are talkin gibberish IMHO. I think it did answer some questions, it at least showed that Khan can take a clean shot off a 35yr old legend (which he caught a couple of), so his chin is quite as disastrous as feared, and hopefully Roach can hone his defence and use his speed how he did last night to make him a top-class fighter. I'd personally like to see him up against David Diaz or maybe Michael Katsidis next, before pushing him towards a world title. In all honesty, I can't see JMM being interested in a fight with Khan, nor Warren or Roach going after it. I think they may push him to fight Romanov for the vacant IBF belt if they go straight for a title, a fight that is winnable I think. But the top guys (excluding JMM) like Casa & Baby Bull are still 2-3 fights away I think

Thread Information