Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing Official Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    wow a guy gets a draw with the #1 rank and doesn't even get rank into a vacant spot on the top 10.... atleast does ivan drop a spot for his performance if its a case of him having a bad night since it was against a guy not worthy of a vacant spot on the top 10
    I agree but that's the way the votes went!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    wow a guy gets a draw with the #1 rank and doesn't even get rank into a vacant spot on the top 10.... atleast does ivan drop a spot for his performance if its a case of him having a bad night since it was against a guy not worthy of a vacant spot on the top 10
    It wasn't even a complete draw. It was 6 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Draws have no effect on the rankings.

12 rounds draw do.
    I agree that if Mayol had managed a draw with Calderon over 12 rounds I would definitely be in favor of placing him at 9 or 10 in the rankings. However, the rules on the first page state that "Draws have no effect on the rankings".
    Last edited by CFH; 06-20-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright gentleman; there's a heap of things going on this week:

How far does Chagaev fall? He is currently 3rd, but with Wlad moving into the championship position & Vitali moving into number one he could potentially keep his #3 ranking.
    I vote he drops one spot to 4th, which would allow Value to move to 2nd (can't believe I just typed that) & Povetkin to move up to 3rd

How far does Diaconu fall? He was previously 6th, but Pascal has taken that position.
    I vote he drops 2 spots to 8th. Which would let Woods move up one to 7.

How far does Hugo Garay fall? He was upset by Gabriel Campillo 18-2 (6) by majority decision. Garay was previously 8th but with Pascal's entry (the Pascal fight came 1st) he had dropped to 9. Campillo takes #9.
    I vote he drops 2 spots into the pool, leaving Roy Jones at 10th.

I vote Fernando Beltran Jr. enters the pool at 126 after his decision over Monty Meza Clay.

I vote the winner of Dimitri Pirog/ Kofi Jantuah on 26 June should enter the pool at 160
    Dimitri Pirog is a 28-year-old Russian with a record of 13-0 (11). His most recent win was a 5th round stoppage of solid veteran Kuvanych Toygonbaev (29-4 entering) back in December. He also holds a win over battle-hardened veteran Sergey Tatevosyan.
    Kofi Jantuah is 32-3-1 (21). But at 35 & fighting at middleweight is on the downside of his career. Has fought good opposition; with his 5th round KO of the then undefeated Daniel Santos in ’99 being his biggest achievement. Destroyed Marco Antonio Rubio in one round. But has lost decisions to Kassim Ouma & Arthur Abraham.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi5uqwc0m4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVhHrcpjYYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzbp8eazDeI

I vote the winner of Juan Landaeta/ Francisco Rosas on 27 June is for the vacant 9th spot at 108 (if Hernandez/ Jaro has happened then for 10th spot)
    Juan Landaeta is 25-6-1 (19). His last fight was a split decision win over Ronald Barrera in June of ’08. He is most widey remembered for giving Koki Kameda his toughest fight in a controversial split decision loss in ’06. He was beaten more clearly in the return. Has fought many top little men including Miguel Barrera (L6), Noel Arambulet (L12), Chana Porpaoin (X2 a win & a draw) & Yutaka Niida (L12 split decision).
    Francisco Rosas is 20-6-2 (12). He most recently fight was a majority decision loss to Nicaraguan sensation Roman Gonzalez this past February. Also lost a decision to Edgar Sosa in ’04.

I vote the winner of Yuri Foreman/ Cornelius Bundrage on 27 June should enter the pool at 154
    Yuri Foreman is 27-0 ( 8 ) with solid wins over James Moore (16-1), veteran Saul Roman (28-4), a split decision over tough Andrey Tsurkan (25-2), a split decision over well regarded Anthony Thompson (23-1), defeated contender Donny McCrary (20-4-2), W8 over Jesus Soto Karass (11-2-1), plus a handful of other second-tier fighters.
    Cornelius Bundrage is 29-4 (17). The 36 year old appeared on the second season of The Contender. His most recent win was a minor upset of previously undefeated Zaurbek Baysangurov (19-0 entering). Before that lost a split decision the season 2 Contender winner Grady Brewer. Holds a win over Kassim Ouma. Was KO’d in 8 by Joel Julio. Fought Noberto Bravo (KO7), Steve Forbes (L5), Walter Wright (W5), Michael Clark (W5) while on The Contender. Was also KO’d in 1 by Sechew Powell (15-0) in ’05.

I vote the winner of Vane Martirosyan/ Andrey Tsurkan on 27 June should enter the pool at 154
    Vane Martirosyan is 24-0 (15). At only 23 is a very highly regarded prospect. Holds a recent win over Billy Lyell (W8 ) who just defeated John Duddy. Victories over Michael Medina (18-0-2), veteran Angel Hernandez (28-6) & Michi Munoz (20-1) were among 5 wins recorded in ’08.
    Andrey Tsurkan is 26-4 (17). Was stopped in 10 in his last fight with Alfredo Angulo. Previous to that he KO’d iron chinned Jesse Feliciano in 8. Lost a split decision to undefeated Yuri Foreman (23-0). KO’d Hector Camacho Jr. in 8in ’06. Won an 8th round split decision over solid Robert Kamya & lost a decision to Kuvanych Toygonbaev in ’03. Also holds a 3rd round KO over current world rated middleweight contender David ‘The Destroyer’ Lopez from back in 2000.
    Theres lots of Martirosyan on youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEoxQn94XBE
    Let me know if I've missed anything... & lets get voting!
    Last edited by Galaxy; 06-21-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't comment on the majority of them as I haven't seen the fights/watched the boxers regularly, however I can comment on...

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    How far does Chagaev fall? He is currently 3rd, but with Wlad moving into the championship position & Vitali moving into number one he could potentially keep his #3 ranking.
    I vote he drops one spot to 4th, which would allow Value to move to 2nd (can't believe I just typed that) & Povetkin to move up to 3rd

How far does Diaconu fall? He was previously 6th, but Pascal has taken that position.
    These two.. in which I agree with you on both statements.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Chagaev drops 2 as well, it was a clinic.

Diaconu drops to 8th.

Agree with all other motions put forward.

I've got something I'd like to propose as a motion. I personally feel that our rankings could get a bit stale with the 1 year inactivity & 2 year without win rule, so I'd like to propose that a fighter can be overtaken by another fighter directly below him by one place if he has not won a fight in 18 months.
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 06-22-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright gentleman; there's a heap of things going on this week:

How far does Hugo Garay fall? He was upset by Gabriel Campillo 18-2 (6) by majority decision. Garay was previously 8th but with Pascal's entry (the Pascal fight came 1st) he had dropped to 9. Campillo takes #9.
    I vote he drops 2 spots into the pool, leaving Roy Jones at 10th.

I vote Fernando Beltran Jr. enters the pool at 126 after his decision over Monty Meza Clay.

I vote the winner of Dimitri Pirog/ Kofi Jantuah on 26 June should enter the pool at 160
    Dimitri Pirog is a 28-year-old Russian with a record of 13-0 (11). His most recent win was a 5th round stoppage of solid veteran Kuvanych Toygonbaev (29-4 entering) back in December. He also holds a win over battle-hardened veteran Sergey Tatevosyan.
    Kofi Jantuah is 32-3-1 (21). But at 35 & fighting at middleweight is on the downside of his career. Has fought good opposition; with his 5th round KO of the then undefeated Daniel Santos in ’99 being his biggest achievement. Destroyed Marco Antonio Rubio in one round. But has lost decisions to Kassim Ouma & Arthur Abraham.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi5uqwc0m4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVhHrcpjYYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzbp8eazDeI

I vote the winner of Juan Landaeta/ Francisco Rosas on 27 June is for the vacant 9th spot at 108 (if Hernandez/ Jaro has happened then for 10th spot)
    Juan Landaeta is 25-6-1 (19). His last fight was a split decision win over Ronald Barrera in June of ’08. He is most widey remembered for giving Koki Kameda his toughest fight in a controversial split decision loss in ’06. He was beaten more clearly in the return. Has fought many top little men including Miguel Barrera (L6), Noel Arambulet (L12), Chana Porpaoin (X2 a win & a draw) & Yutaka Niida (L12 split decision).
    Francisco Rosas is 20-6-2 (12). He most recently fight was a majority decision loss to Nicaraguan sensation Roman Gonzalez this past February. Also lost a decision to Edgar Sosa in ’04.

I vote the winner of Yuri Foreman/ Cornelius Bundrage on 27 June should enter the pool at 154
    Yuri Foreman is 27-0 ( 8 ) with solid wins over James Moore (16-1), veteran Saul Roman (28-4), a split decision over tough Andrey Tsurkan (25-2), a split decision over well regarded Anthony Thompson (23-1), defeated contender Donny McCrary (20-4-2), W8 over Jesus Soto Karass (11-2-1), plus a handful of other second-tier fighters.
    Cornelius Bundrage is 29-4 (17). The 36 year old appeared on the second season of The Contender. His most recent win was a minor upset of previously undefeated Zaurbek Baysangurov (19-0 entering). Before that lost a split decision the season 2 Contender winner Grady Brewer. Holds a win over Kassim Ouma. Was KO’d in 8 by Joel Julio. Fought Noberto Bravo (KO7), Steve Forbes (L5), Walter Wright (W5), Michael Clark (W5) while on The Contender. Was also KO’d in 1 by Sechew Powell (15-0) in ’05.

I vote the winner of Vane Martirosyan/ Andrey Tsurkan on 27 June should enter the pool at 154
    Vane Martirosyan is 24-0 (15). At only 23 is a very highly regarded prospect. Holds a recent win over Billy Lyell (W8 ) who just defeated John Duddy. Victories over Michael Medina (18-0-2), veteran Angel Hernandez (28-6) & Michi Munoz (20-1) were among 5 wins recorded in ’08.
    Andrey Tsurkan is 26-4 (17). Was stopped in 10 in his last fight with Alfredo Angulo. Previous to that he KO’d iron chinned Jesse Feliciano in 8. Lost a split decision to undefeated Yuri Foreman (23-0). KO’d Hector Camacho Jr. in 8in ’06. Won an 8th round split decision over solid Robert Kamya & lost a decision to Kuvanych Toygonbaev in ’03. Also holds a 3rd round KO over current world rated middleweight contender David ‘The Destroyer’ Lopez from back in 2000.
    Theres lots of Martirosyan on youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEoxQn94XBE
    Let me know if I've missed anything... & lets get voting!
    I agree with everything except Diaconu dropping 2 slots. I'll drop him only one

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with VD here. I'm for everything Galaxy proposed, but I also think that DIanconu should only drop one spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I vote that Diaconu drops the 2 spots and Chagave drops one, like Galaxy I cant believe I am in favor of Valuev moving up but fact is he is the champ and has not lost in his last 4 outings, fair is fair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I vote that Diaconu drops the 2 spots and Chagave drops one, like Galaxy I cant believe I am in favor of Valuev moving up but fact is he is the WBA champ (him and 85 other fighters throughout the sport) and has not lost in his last 4 outings, fair is fair

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like I missed a lot this last week. I'm back and will start updating the rankings tonight!

Thanks for everyones contributions, it seems the system is really falling into place.

My votes fall the same as VD's.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Motions on the floor.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Motion Carries
    Ruslan Chagaev falls 2 spots to number 4

2 spots: 7(+1) Galaxy, JoeyUK, JazMerkin, Violent Demise, CFH, DaxxKahn, Killersheep*(+1)

Motion Carries
    Adrian Diaconu falls 2 spots to number 8

1 spot: 3 Violent Demise, CFH, Killersheep

2 spots: 4 Galaxy, JoeyUK, JazMerkin, DaxxKahn,

Motion Carries
    Hugo Garay falls 2 spots to the pool

2 spots: 4 Galaxy, Violent Demise, CFH, Killersheep

Motion Carries
    Fernando Beltran Jr. enters the pool at 126

For: 4 Galaxy, Violent Demise, CFH, Killersheep

Motion Carries
    The winner of Dimitri Pirog/ Kofi Jantuah on 26 June should enter the pool at 160

Motion Carries
    The winner of Juan Landaeta/ Francisco Rosas on 27 June is for the vacant 9th spot at 108

For: 4(+1) Galaxy, Violent Demise*(+1), CFH, Killersheep

Motion Carries
    The winner of Yuri Foreman/ Cornelius Bundrage on 27 June should enter the pool at 154

Motion Carries
    The winner of Vane Martirosyan/ Andrey Tsurkan on 27 June should enter the pool at 154

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SADDO BOXING OFFICIAL RATINGS UPDATE 10

HEAVYWEIGHT

Wladimir Klitschko (number one last time) assumes his place as champion of the division with his dominant KO of Ruslan Chagaev (previously third). Chagaev falls one spot to number four. Vitali Klitschko (formerly second) is now the number one contender. Nicolai Valuev leap frogs Chagaev moving from forth into second. Undefeated Alexander Povetkin jumps from fifth to third. Eddie Chambers, Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez, David Haye and Alexander Dimitrenko all move up one spot each to fill positions five through nine. Number ten becomes vacant.

LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT

Jean Pascal crashes the ratings at number six after his exciting unanimous decision over Adrian Diaconu. Diaconu falls two places from sixth to eighth with the loss. Clinton Woods (previously eighth) advances one position to seventh. Gabriel Campillo enters at number nine with his upset majority decision victory over Hugo Garay who had settled at ninth to accommodate Pascal’s entry. Garay plummets two places out of the ratings to land in the pool. Juergen Braehmer (formerly tenth) is also pushed into the pool to accommodate Pascal’s and Campillo’s entry.

FEATHERWEIGHT

Fernando Beltran Jr. enters the pool with his unanimous decision victory over former amateur standout Monty Meza Clay.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Votes & changes for this week:

How far does Florante Condes drop? 1-3 spots? I vote he drops 2 spots from 6 to 8. This would leave Palacios at 7 & push Rachman to 9.

I vote that Victor Ortiz remains in the pool at 140 after his war with Maidana

Edwin Valero needs to be removed from the #5 rating at 130 as his last fight there was 12 June ‘08

David Diaz needs to be removed from the #6 rating at 135 as he last fought on 28 June ’08

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How far does Florante Condes drop? 1-3 spots? I vote he drops 2 spots from 6 to 8. This would leave Palacios at 7 & push Rachman to 9.

Edwin Valero needs to be removed from the #5 rating at 130 as his last fight there was 12 June ‘08

David Diaz needs to be removed from the #6 rating at 135 as he last fought on 28 June ’08
    Agreed on all fronts.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Agreed on all fronts.
    As do I

Thread Information