Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saddoboxing Official Ratings

How the SaddoBoxing Ratings work:

· Rankings for each weight class were initially voted for by SaddoBoxing members. No Championships were given in the initial rankings.

· If the #1 ranked fighter fights the #2 ranked fighter and the championship is vacant, that fight automatically qualifies for the Saddoboxing Championship.

· If the #1 ranked fighter fights the #3, #4 or #5 ranked fighter and the championship is vacant, it will be decided if it merits being for the Saddoboxing Championship or not.

· If a fighter beats a higher ranked fighter they take that spot.

· If a rated fighter beats a fighter rated lower than him it will be decided if he should advance one or two spots or remain at his current ranking depending on the relevance of his victory.

· If a fighter ranked as Champion down thru to #5 loses; it will be decided whether he is demoted one to three spots depending how bad the loss is deemed. If the loss is to an unranked fighter the option to remove him straight to the pool will be considered.

· If a fighter ranked #6 thru to #10 loses; it will be decided how far he should be demoted. With removing him to the pool also an option.

· If a rated fighter loses to a fighter rated above him; it will be decided if he should retain his rank or be demoted.

· It will be decided which fights or fighters should fill vacancies in the top ten.

· Draws have no effect on the rankings.

· If a Champion or ranked fighter does not fight within a year; it will be decided whether to give him a six month extension or to remove him to the pool. If removed to the pool the fighter must win a bout before being eligible to be rated again. If a fighter who was granted an extension loses his next fight it will be decided how far he should be demoted. With removing him to the pool also an option.

· If a fighter has not won a fight in two years it will be decided if he receives a six month extension or is removed to the pool.

· Fighters can be ranked in multiple weight classes.

· Inactivity or poor performances can lead to a one spot demotion.

· If a fighter loses two fights in a row; it will be decided if he is removed directly to the pool.
    Last edited by Galaxy; 12-13-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing Official Ratings

Group 1
    Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Light Heavyweight

Last edited by Galaxy; 02-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Group 2
    Super Middleweight, Middleweight, Light Middleweight

Last edited by Galaxy; 03-22-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Group 3
    Welterweight, Light Welterweight, Lightweight

Last edited by Galaxy; 03-22-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Group 4
    Super Featherweight, Featherweight, Super Bantamweight, Bantamweight

Last edited by Galaxy; 03-22-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Group 5
    Super Flyweight, Flyweight, Light Flyweight, Minimumweight

Last edited by Galaxy; 03-14-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SADDOBOXING OFFICIAL RATINGS UPDATE.

HEAVYWEIGHT:
    Sultan Ibragimov (formerly eighth) is dropped to the pool due to inactivity. Juan Carlos Gomez falls to seventh following his lost to Vitali Klitschko. While Samuel Peter moves to number six. David Haye & Alexander Dimitrenko move up one spot each to eight and ninth respectively. The number ten ranking becomes vacant.

LIGHTWEIGHT:
    Nate Campbell (previously tenth) is removed to the pool at Jr. Welter due to his intentions to campaign there and the fact that he has not fought at lightweight in over a year. Number ten is now vacant.

Jr. FEATHERWEIGHT:
    Israel Vasquez currently number one has been inactive for over a year but has been given an extension due to a legitimate injury. Rafael Marquez who has been inactive the same period has been removed to the pool as he has simply been on the sidelines. Marquez’ removal allows Celestino Caballero to move up to second, Juan Manuel Lopez advances to third and Steve Molitor jumps to fourth. Bernard Dunne crashes the rankings at number five on the strength of his KO of Ricardo Cordoba who falls to six. Dunne’s entry forces Daniel Ponce DeLeon, Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym, Jhonny Gonzalez and Rendall Munroe all to drop one spot each to seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth respectively.

Jr. FLYWEIGHT:
    Brahim Asloum (last ranked ninth) exits due to inactivity. Hugo Cazares moves up one place to ninth, leaving number ten vacant.

STRAWWEIGHT:
    Katsunari Takayama (ninth last time) has been removed to the pool as he has been campaigning at higher weights and has not been active at this weight. Nkosinathi Joyi moves up from tenth to ninth, which creates a vacancy at number 10.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we should try to have at least 3 fighters in each pool at a time.

I would request that the winner of Albert Sosnowski and Francesco Pianeta on 4/4/09 enters the pool at heavyweight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I think we should try to have at least 3 fighters in each pool at a time.

I would request that the winner of Albert Sosnowski and Francesco Pianeta on 4/4/09 enters the pool at heavyweight.
    I've never heard of either fighter, but I have no problem with them being included in the pool if you feel they deserve it. What about Eddie Chambers? Is he too unproven to be put in the pool?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say,Not a fan of top ten vacant slots.Think we should do everything possibel to fill them all....vote on pool members within time frame??

Also,I am about to get laughed at and ridiculed.Now just think before jumping.At heavyweight....ahem...cough.....John Ruiz........He may be gruesome in style but has competed on a Championship level forever.I use competed lightly

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Have to say,Not a fan of top ten vacant slots.Think we should do everything possibel to fill them all....vote on pool members within time frame??

Also,I am about to get laughed at and ridiculed.Now just think before jumping.At heavyweight....ahem...cough.....John Ruiz........He may be gruesome in style but has competed on a Championship level forever.I use competed lightly

If Ruiz signs a fight, the winner will be put in the pool (unless he fights a ranked fighter of course)

Eddie Chambers is fighting Sam Peter if he wins he gets ranked and by default the vacancy gets filled, from the field moving down.

Also, failing Chambers beating Peter, Arreola is already in the pool and is fight Jameel McCline 4/11/09 for the vacant #10 spot.
    Last edited by killersheep; 03-23-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What did we do...take the discussions into the Smokey backrooms like all of the other alphabet committees .Jk but I have to chime in on ranking placement off a loss.Namely one Samuel Peter

I'd drop him out of the top ten all together.I like Case by case and this is a case of a guy loosing two and I believe preforming terribly in both.Uninspired,unmotivated and unwilling to knuckle down in training let alone in the ring when it counts the most.Just my

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    What did we do...take the discussions into the Smokey backrooms like all of the other alphabet committees .Jk but I have to chime in on ranking placement off a loss.Namely one Samuel Peter

I'd drop him out of the top ten all together.I like Case by case and this is a case of a guy loosing two and I believe preforming terribly in both.Uninspired,unmotivated and unwilling to knuckle down in training let alone in the ring when it counts the most.Just my
    I'm o.k. with the one spot drop as Chambers was far from dominant! I could justify two spots based on it being Peter's second lose in a row & the fact he hasn't won a fight at heavy in over a year.

Anyone else think fighters should remain in the pool as long as they are winning (at least once a year), regardless of fighting for a ranked position or not?

If a fighter is inactive at their ranked weight for over a year I feel it should be put to the committee to vote on what sort of penalty they should recieve to their ranking. Extreme cases (Vasquez) could recieve an extention, fighters who have been fighting but at other weights could drop a spot or two, or in certain cases be removed to the pool.

Anyone else have opinions around these ideas?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SADDO BOXING OFFICIAL RATINGS UPDATE

HEAVYWEIGHT

Eddie Chambers debuts at number six following his majority decision over Samuel Peter who previously held that position. The entrance of Chambers causes Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez, David Haye & Alexander Dimitrenko all to drop one rung each to seventh, eight, ninth and tenth respectively.

Super Flyweight

Hugo Cazares (eighth at Flyweight) enters at number 10 on the heels of his victory over Roberto Vasquez who exits (remains ranked number nine at bantam). Jose Lopez (currently number nine at Flyweight) enters the pool with his unanimous decision over Pramuansak Posuwan.

Flyweight

Jose Lopez drops to the pool because of inactivity. Omar Salado moves from 10th to 9th to fill the spot. The 10th spot is now vacant.

Courtesy of Galaxy. <------------------

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    SADDO BOXING OFFICIAL RATINGS UPDATE

HEAVYWEIGHT

Eddie Chambers debuts at number six following his majority decision over Samuel Peter who previously held that position. The entrance of Chambers causes Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez, David Haye & Alexander Dimitrenko all to drop one rung each to seventh, eight, ninth and tenth respectively.

Super Flyweight

Hugo Cazares (eighth at Flyweight) enters at number 10 on the heels of his victory over Roberto Vasquez who exits (remains ranked number nine at bantam). Jose Lopez (currently number nine at Flyweight) enters the pool with his unanimous decision over Pramuansak Posuwan.

Flyweight

Jose Lopez drops to the pool because of inactivity. Omar Salado moves from 10th to 9th to fill the spot. The 10th spot is now vacant.

Courtesy of Galaxy. <------------------
    With Cazares in at Super Flyweight. I propose he's dropped from his 8th spot at Flyweight. Moving Omar Salado up from 9 to 8. Instead of keeping the 9th and 10th spots vacant. I say put Moruti Mthalane at 9 provided he wins his fight this weekend. I would so like to move Zolani Tete in to the 10th spot or at least in to the pool based on his first round stoppage of the once useful Rexon Flores

Cazares should also be dropped from his 9th in the Light Flyweight division. There's is no way he's returning there. I say leave the 9th and 10th spots vacant till the results of the Adrain Hernandez and Brian Villoria fights are known

Thread Information