Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haye v Klitschko - Contracts due to be signed today.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye v Klitschko - Contracts due to be signed today.

In fact I thought that taking Haye directly to a title shot with wlad was unfair compared to other fighters who really worked hard to get there.

but Wlad also deserve easy payday time to time...I don't denied Haye has power knockout and athletic abilities, but this is just too soon imo.

if it happens, I really don't see it beyond the 3rd round, with Haye laying on the canvas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Wonder what happened to Haye fighting 1 or 2 top 10 fighters first?
    Haye doesn't get Klitschko if he gets knocked out. The chances of that happening if Haye were to face a top 10 contender are at about 70%.

Find it hilarious how Haye constantly brings up Holyfields accomplishments and says he will do the same. LOL. Haye needs to look at how many contenders and former champions Holyfield faught before getting a title shot.
    It sounds as if he is counting on the minds of people that dont follow boxing which a majority of the demorgaphic of 18-21 year olds dont really read up on history.

Haye could say his cruiserweight resume was better then holyfields and some of his fans would believe that. I don't think he counts on anyone to do research on the thngs he says. But you'd think a smart journalist would have called him on it by now. But I doubt they would because they probably want another interview. It seems like Haye has a bunch of people in his ear. I watched his confrontation with Wladimer on youtube and after it was done he had people telling him "He don't wanna fight(referring to Wladimer)" Not a good thing.

If Haye actually believes that he'll get beaten fast. The last person that said Wladimer didn't have balls got beaten with one hand by the guy...
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

I will believe this fight is going to happen when the bell rings.

David Haye is a decent fighter, he COULD bring some depth and excitement to the division but then again he could bite off more than he can chew and as we have seen that could ruin his career. Sure Haye lost vs Carl Thompson, but he was young and maybe he did use a bad strategy vs Thompson but if he steps in vs Wladimir and anything he decides to do gets him busted up with a jab or power punch then he's going to take too much damage and maybe end up being a shell shocked fighter a la Gerry Cooney or Michael Grant.

I think it's best for David Haye and boxing in general if he works his way up in the division, it gives him experience, it lets people learn about who he is, and he creates more buzz about a matchup vs Wladimir or Vitali.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Haye doesn't get Klitschko if he gets knocked out. The chances of that happening if Haye were to face a top 10 contender are at about 70%.

Find it hilarious how Haye constantly brings up Holyfields accomplishments and says he will do the same. LOL. Haye needs to look at how many contenders and former champions Holyfield faught before getting a title shot.
    It sounds as if he is counting on the minds of people that dont follow boxing which a majority of the demorgaphic of 18-21 year olds dont really read up on history.

Haye could say his cruiserweight resume was better then holyfields and some of his fans would believe that. I don't think he counts on anyone to do research on the thngs he says. But you'd think a smart journalist would have called him on it by now. But I doubt they would because they probably want another interview. It seems like Haye has a bunch of people in his ear. I watched his confrontation with Wladimer on youtube and after it was done he had people telling him "He don't wanna fight(referring to Wladimer)" Not a good thing.

If Haye actually believes that he'll get beaten fast. The last person that said Wladimer didn't have balls got beaten with one hand by the guy...
    That's pretty much it. Them mindless sheep think whatever comes out of Haye's mouth is gospel.

El Kabong Guest

Everyone would love for Haye to do well in the division but to jump right in with Wlad ....That's like swimming with Jaws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Everyone would love for Haye to do well in the division but to jump right in with Wlad ....That's like swimming with Jaws
    i dont think anyone would put there house on wlad winning so makes for an exciting fight, have they signed yet?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say it,but I don't see anyone beating the K brothers

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    i dont think anyone would put there house on wlad winning so makes for an exciting fight, have they signed yet?
    Has David Haye been hurt by cruiserweights? Has he taken a punch from a power punching heavyweight? And who knows if David Haye's power has carried up with him to heavyweight.....sure it's likely that it has but who knows? Who has Haye fought and proven himself against in the heavyweight division?

There's a lot we don't know about Haye...sure he COULD beat Wladimir but there is a larger chance that Wlad smashes the crap out of him and Haye never competes at a high level again.

I mean, we were lead to believe that Audley Harrison was the second coming....who's to say that the story is different for David Haye?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Has David Haye been hurt by cruiserweights? Has he taken a punch from a power punching heavyweight? And who knows if David Haye's power has carried up with him to heavyweight.....sure it's likely that it has but who knows? Who has Haye fought and proven himself against in the heavyweight division?

There's a lot we don't know about Haye...sure he COULD beat Wladimir but there is a larger chance that Wlad smashes the crap out of him and Haye never competes at a high level again.

I mean, we were lead to believe that Audley Harrison was the second coming....who's to say that the story is different for David Haye?
    I was thinking the same thing. Can he take a HW Punch? I doubt it.

El Kabong Guest

There is a slight possibility that Haye's chin has sured up a little bit by adding weight....but I doubt it's gotten so good with the extra weight that it could handle what Wlad can dish out.

Also although Haye has been in with some taller fighters, what will he do when Wlad is controlling distance and pace? Is Haye going to have a Plan B Or is David going to clam up and take an ass whuppin like 52 people before him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a slight possibility that Haye's chin has sured up a little bit by adding weight....but I doubt it's gotten so good with the extra weight that it could handle what Wlad can dish out.

Also although Haye has been in with some taller fighters, what will he do when Wlad is controlling distance and pace? Is Haye going to have a Plan B Or is David going to clam up and take an ass whuppin like 52 people before him
    thats my worry lyle when wlad is putting that long jab to use! i like wlad but i wanna see haye destroy some heavys!

El Kabong Guest

And I would like Wladimir to be comfortable enough to go back to fighting without a care....not fighting wrecklessly but just letting his hands go a little earlier in fights and when he feels he has someone on the way out, going for the kill.

Wlad's performance vs Ray Austin was his last great KO...the Lamon Brewster re-match was OK, the ending was anti-climatic...the Thompson fight was OK. But the destruction of Ray Austin was a highlight KO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_sWnawpU4

I don't know what Lampley was watching, I saw like 5-6 left hooks as opposed to him just seeing 2.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has been so long since I've seen Haye fight that I even forgot what he looks like let alone his style. I wish I was kidding.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know.

Honestly I would have liked to see him do that first.

I'll still back him against Wlad and I think he has a damn good chance.

But beating Monte Barret then fighting for a title is pretty iffy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information