0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Overrated bands.

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I can't believe what I'm reading...Rolling Stones, The Doors...overrated?!?!? They may have a couple of played out songs but the bands themselves are great!

I don't know of many "overrated" bands all I know is bands I hate...Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Creed, Nickleback, Crossfade, Avenged Sevenfold, and all the bands of their kind.
    again, we don't agree much Lyle, but i have to hand it to you..

Creed, nickelback, crossfade are ALL jokes.. Who likes those bands? 15 year old boys and any female who thinks she's a rocker.. joke..

This goes along with any band in that genre.. Papa Roach, Avenged Sevenfold..

There are a ton of bands that are all fabrication.. They come and go..

U2 is highly overrated IMO, along with Coldplay who i cannot even attempt to tolerate listening to..
    Yes, U2 are completely over-rated. I like them, but it's sad that they are one of the biggest bands in the world when they don't have half the talent or songwriting ability as dozens of other bands. I can't say they suck, but they shouldn't be playing the Superbowl.

Coldplay just sucks donkey-dong. It's a sad commentary on American musical taste the Assplay come to the US and play arenas and huge outdoor venues while Gomez and Bloc Party play clubs. Sad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I like songs such as I stand alone by godsmack, coming undone by korn or down with the sickness by disturbed. the beats on those three songs always makes me want to get up and accomplish something.

Honestly though I dont know much bands those are the few I know but i dont like all of their songs i haven't even listen to all of their albums.

You guys can find me songs similar to the three of my favorites i mentioned, I will really appreciate it.
    I'm not a fan of any of those bands, but I'll try and suggest a few similar groups which I do like. The common theme between the bands you mentioned is that much of their music is heavy, melodic, and groove-based. Here are some good bands that I feel fit that description:

(Godsmack actually took their name from the title of an Alice in Chains song)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_qRTMKDqXA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL0cK...eature=channel

In my opinion, Pantera is the best metal band ever. If you don't like them I suggest you kill yourself .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wd7ndVFP0s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2xSwOY0xs

My personal favorite metal band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-DibwjEn0

Some classic shit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ham6vFy8v2I

Sorry for derailing the thread.
    those i like, them bones is actually a favorite of mine. I just didn't know what the title was or the name of the band. Same goes for the other songs I heard them before i just dont know the title and band name.

anybody else got any suggestion of a good rock song like these?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

U2 (new album 5 stars in Rolling Stone? Come on now! It's not thatgood )

Not that good, not that bad. I was expecting to hear more rocking upbeat songs but still, the slow songs are not THAT bad. May not be my all-time favorite but I dig it. Favorite song in that album is Magnificent. Can't wait for their tour. On this tour I'll fly over to Ireland to check them out on their very own backyard, Dublin.

U2 is lucky that they ran into Dan Lanois

Dan Lanois, Brian Eno, and Steve Lillywhite, have been an important asset to the band.

The Edge needs a new guitar desperately... come on man, it has been over 30 years now. Just buy a new one, I'm sure you have the necessary funding at this stage

Watch the extra scenes for most of their live DVDs and you'll see he has more than a couple guitars out there. Nothing wrong with having even one guitar as long as he keeps rocking.

Yes, U2 are completely over-rated. I like them, but it's sad that they are one of the biggest bands in the world when they don't have half the talent or songwriting ability as dozens of other bands

You don't need to play a thousand notes in a minute to make a good song. Some of the greatest songs out there can have 3 chords and that's it. Simple music or not, many bands admit to being inspired by their sound, lyrics, involvement in world issues, etc.

Ok, my turn. I'll say anything that's HipHop/Rap. While you have bands sit down to write their very own music and lyrics you'll have HipHoppers/Rappers out there just snatching those songs, add a beat, rap the lyrics, sample the song, etc. I remember taking my nephews to the movies and they brought a friend. I was listening to The Police and "Every breath you take" came up. One of those kids was like "Uuuungh! That sucks! Isn't that P-Diddy's song?!" I wanted to slap that kid :P . Then, what's up with their live performances? You'll have a guy back there pushing a button or spinning a record and a rapper just waving his arms and rapping while in a rock show you'll see a band play their very own instruments to songs they wrote unless they are playing a cover. For those who like HipHop/Rap, cool, but it is not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Chino; 03-30-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    U2 (new album 5 stars in Rolling Stone? Come on now! It's not thatgood )

Not that good, not that bad. I was expecting to hear more rocking upbeat songs but still, the slow songs are not THAT bad. May not be my all-time favorite but I dig it. Favorite song in that album is Magnificent. Can't wait for their tour. On this tour I'll fly over to Ireland to check them out on their very own backyard, Dublin.

U2 is lucky that they ran into Dan Lanois

Dan Lanois, Brian Eno, and Steve Lillywhite, have been an important asset to the band.

The Edge needs a new guitar desperately... come on man, it has been over 30 years now. Just buy a new one, I'm sure you have the necessary funding at this stage

Watch the extra scenes for most of their live DVDs and you'll see he has more than a couple guitars out there. Nothing wrong with having even one guitar as long as he keeps rocking.

Yes, U2 are completely over-rated. I like them, but it's sad that they are one of the biggest bands in the world when they don't have half the talent or songwriting ability as dozens of other bands

You don't need to play a thousand notes in a minute to make a good song. Some of the greatest songs out there can have 3 chords and that's it. Simple music or not, many bands admit to being inspired by their sound, lyrics, involvement in world issues, etc.

Ok, my turn. I'll say anything that's HipHop/Rap. While you have bands sit down to write their very own music and lyrics you'll have HipHoppers/Rappers out there just snatching those songs, add a beat, rap the lyrics, sample the song, etc. I remember taking my nephews to the movies and they brought a friend. I was listening to The Police and "Every breath you take" came up. One of those kids was like "Uuuungh! That sucks! Isn't that P-Diddy's song?!" I wanted to slap that kid :P . Then, what's up with their live performances? You'll have a guy back there pushing a button or spinning a record and a rapper just waving his arms and rapping while on a rock show you'll see a band play their very own instruments to songs they wrote unless they are playing a cover. For those who like HipHop/Rap, cool, but it is not my cup of tea.

I agree that almost all live rap performances suck ass. I am going to see Nas in july. I hope he is better than I expect.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oasis.

The biggest ego tripping band who really have no reason to have an ego.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oasis.
    The biggest ego tripping band who really have no reason to have an ego
    I remember them saying in some of their interviews that they were bigger than The Beatles, come oooooon. There has been shows where they decided not to come out and play simply because it is a bit cold outside. Let's not forget those times where the two brothers would get into fights and not go on stage because they were mad at each other.

For all you spanish-speaking people here, how about that pop group RBD?

Thread Information