Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khans DVD called "Khan the Champion"

It's his new dvd, what is with his ego it? There is no wonder why he gets so much stick from fight fans.He says he would beat Ricky Hatton then he calls his new dvd "Khan the Champion" what champion is he the glass jaw champion.

I'am really starting to dislike him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khans DVD called "Khan the Champion"

How utterly sickening. Im shifting from dislike to hate rapidly

Wait for his next DVD "How I beat a legend"

Can't wait to see him get sparked again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes confident, so should be all boxers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    How utterly sickening. Im shifting from dislike to hate rapidly

Wait for his next DVD "How I beat a legend"

Can't wait to see him get sparked again.
    What ever happens between Hatton-Manny fight.Put Khan in with Hatton see how big he is then.See what he says after he gets beaten to the canvas.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odd, I saw him on Soccer AM about 2 months ago saying he wasn't anywhere near ready for Ricky when they put the question to him. Has he actually said this or is it his dad/manager/Warren?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Odd, I saw him on Soccer AM about 2 months ago saying he wasn't anywhere near ready for Ricky when they put the question to him. Has he actually said this or is it his dad/manager/Warren?
    Have'nt seen the article only seen the one where Hatton says i have read that Khan can beat me!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Have'nt seen the article only seen the one where Hatton says i have read that Khan can beat me!
    I think that's either Warren or the rabid British sports media talkin shit. He definitely said he couldn't beat Ricky as of now, it might still be up on SkySports.com. I've noticed that Amir Khan gets quoted as saying allsorts, even when I've seen the press conference, and he's said nothing of the sort. The boxing journalists of this country seem to love nothing better than editorializing his words and making them more controversial. This keeps him in the news, but then doesn't endear him to most fan. No doubt that bastard Warren encourages it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that's either Warren or the rabid British sports media talkin shit. He definitely said he couldn't beat Ricky as of now, it might still be up on SkySports.com. I've noticed that Amir Khan gets quoted as saying allsorts, even when I've seen the press conference, and he's said nothing of the sort. The boxing journalists of this country seem to love nothing better than editorializing his words and making them more controversial. This keeps him in the news, but then doesn't endear him to most fan. No doubt that bastard Warren encourages it

Warren is a nobhead but he knows what he's doing, just giving the public a reason to talk about him, no matter how he performs or who he fights. Whether it's bad press or not doesn't really matter to Warren, as long as he's in the spotlight he gets attention and gets the fight fans talking.

The DVD title is ridiculous though, I like watching Khan fight but all the bigging up after a very controversial win over Barerra is starting to irritate me I have to admit.

But then no publicity is bad publicity

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post

Warren is a nobhead but he knows what he's doing, just giving the public a reason to talk about him, no matter how he performs or who he fights. Whether it's bad press or not doesn't really matter to Warren, as long as he's in the spotlight he gets attention and gets the fight fans talking.

The DVD title is ridiculous though, I like watching Khan fight but all the bigging up after a very controversial win over Barerra is starting to irritate me I have to admit.

Where exactly has all this 'bigging up' regarding his win over Barrera taken place? All I've seen online is every man and his dog whining about the cut and how the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC.

Care to post some links to these 'bigging up' sensationalised reports that are irritating you so much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Where exactly has all this 'bigging up' regarding his win over Barrera taken place? All I've seen online is every man and his dog whining about the cut and how the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC.

Care to post some links to these 'bigging up' sensationalised reports that are irritating you so much?
    Fair do's, it's not all over the place, but there are a couple of articles that I found a bit annoying, and the couple of days after the victory there was a lot of talk about Khan being amazing against Barerra, but really it was a flawed win, even though I can see he's improved.

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Bloodied Barrera beaten by Khan

This one talks about him having a classy performance which in no way could have been verified in the nature the win took place.

Khan shows he's the real deal | The Sun |Sport|Boxing

Khan proves he's the real deal? stuff about proving his pedigree, not quite justified really.

Sky Sports | Boxing | News | Khan a cut above Barrera

The victory came in the 5th round but was inevitable due to Khan's dominance.

So yeah there's a couple of articles, and I know what you're saying, most boxing experts and websites with credible writers will mention the Khan fight was disappointing. But most novice fans in the UK are sold by that win, and at the end of the day if you're selling PPV's you want to encourage the majority to take notice.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair do's, it's not all over the place, but there are a couple of articles that I found a bit annoying, and the couple of days after the victory there was a lot of talk about Khan being amazing against Barerra, but really it was a flawed win, even though I can see he's improved.

This one talks about him having a classy performance which in no way could have been verified in the nature the win took place.

Khan proves he's the real deal? stuff about proving his pedigree, not quite justified really.

So yeah there's a couple of articles, and I know what you're saying, most boxing experts and websites with credible writers will mention the Khan fight was disappointing. But most novice fans in the UK are sold by that win, and at the end of the day if you're selling PPV's you want to encourage the majority to take notice.

I don't think any of those articles were over the top to be honest. They all mentioned Barrera was badly cut early (which he was) but that Khan's display was composed, classy and confident (which it was) and that his youth, size and speed allowed him to control the fight and win every round (which he did)

I just think people are predisposed to hate on Khan and so it irks them that he beat Barrera. Yes Barrera was cut early but aside from his legendary name he did nothing in the 5 rounds that actually took place to suggest he could compete with a much faster, younger, stronger and bigger opponent on the night.

If you insist that the cut be taken into account as a big factor (and I agree) then you also have to recognise that Khan himself boxed superbly and won every single round.

People on here are trying to argue as if Barrera would have won easily had he not been cut but the rounds we saw didn't back that up.

Many fighters have been cut terribly in fights and still been a nightmare for their opponent. A battered and bloodied Henry Cooper almost KO'd Muhammad Ali and he gave him a tough rematch too despite being badly cut.

Vitali badly cut was winning on all scorecards against Lennox Lewis.

Fernando Vargas only had one eye for most of his fight with Shane Mosely yet went toe to toe and gave him all kinds of trouble before it was stopped, so much so that they had an immediate rematch.

My point is just becuase a fighter is badly cut it doesn't mean that he will lose every single round in a fight. Even lesser fighters like Sergio Mora overcame a first or second round cut against Manfredo and managed to claw his way back into the fight and win a controversial decision.

Having a cut is a handicap no doubt, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to win a round of boxing like that, in fact I can't off the top of my head think of any great fighter who when cut just got completely outclassed and lost every remaining round until the fight was stopped, can you?

I think the cut has turned out to be worse for Amir than Barrera as it has tarnished his win and led to many people ignoring the great display he put on. He won every single round, not soley because of the cut but also because he was too fast, too big, too strong, too young for an aged and battleworn Marco Antonio Barrera.

It doesn't take anything away from Barrera to admit this. The man is a legend and in his prime it may have been a completely different story but at 35, coming out of retirement and moving up to a higher weight class he was just giving up too much in terms of youth, speed, height, reach, strength etc.

And if you (not just you but the haters in general) still want to say it was all the cut then just provide any other example of a fighter being cut who then lost every single round from that point and was not competitive at all even though they were winning or giving as good as they got beforehand.

A single example will suffice.

A cut can seriously hamper you I agree, but great fighters throughout history have fought with cuts and still been competitive.

And this ultimately is my point. I have no problem with those who feel the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC. That's a perfectly acceptable and fair decision, it was a serious cut and dangerous to fight with.

But the cut doesn't soley account for the 5 great rounds of boxing that Amir put on. The cut gave him an advantage but he still had to demonstrate the necessary skills and ability to win the rounds.

So you can be both disappointed in the result and the cut, but still give credit to Amir Khan for putting on a great display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think any of those articles were over the top to be honest. They all mentioned Barrera was badly cut early (which he was) but that Khan's display was composed, classy and confident (which it was) and that his youth, size and speed allowed him to control the fight and win every round (which he did)

I just think people are predisposed to hate on Khan and so it irks them that he beat Barrera. Yes Barrera was cut early but aside from his legendary name he did nothing in the 5 rounds that actually took place to suggest he could compete with a much faster, younger, stronger and bigger opponent on the night.

If you insist that the cut be taken into account as a big factor (and I agree) then you also have to recognise that Khan himself boxed superbly and won every single round.

People on here are trying to argue as if Barrera would have won easily had he not been cut but the rounds we saw didn't back that up.

Many fighters have been cut terribly in fights and still been a nightmare for their opponent. A battered and bloodied Henry Cooper almost KO'd Muhammad Ali and he gave him a tough rematch too despite being badly cut.

Fernando Vargas only had one eye for most of his fight with Shane Mosely yet went toe to toe and gave him all kinds of trouble before it was stopped, so much so that they had an immediate rematch.

My point is just becuase a fighter is badly cut it doesn't mean that he will lose every single round in a fight. Even lesser fighters like Sergio Mora overcame a first or second round cut against Manfredo and managed to claw his way back into the fight and win a controversial decision.

Having a cut is a handicap no doubt, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to win a round of boxing like that, in fact I can't off the top of my head think of any great fighter who when cut just got completely outclassed and lost every remaining round until the fight was stopped, can you?

I think the cut has turned out to be worse for Amir than Barrera as it has tarnished his win and led to many people ignoring the great display he put on. He won every single round, not soley because of the cut but also because he was too fast, too big, too strong, too young for an aged and battleworn Marco Antonio Barrera.

It doesn't take anything away from Barrera to admit this. The man is a legend and in his prime it may have been a completely different story but at 35, coming out of retirement and moving up to a higher weight class he was just giving up too much in terms of youth, speed, height, reach, strength etc.

And if you (not just you but the haters in general) still want to say it was all the cut then just provide any other example of a fighter being cut who then lost every single round from that point and was not competitive at all even though they were winning or giving as good as they got beforehand.

A cut can seriously hamper you I agree, but great fighters throughout history have fought with cuts and still been competitive.

And this ultimately is my point. I have no problem with those who feel the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC. That's a perfectly acceptable and fair decision, it was a serious cut and dangerous to fight with.

But the cut doesn't soley account for the 5 great rounds of boxing that Amir put on. The cut gave him an advantage but he still had to demonstrate the necessary skills and ability to win the rounds.

So you can be both disappointed in the result and the cut, but still give credit to Amir Khan for putting on a great display.

I'm not sure how to shrink these quotes down to a smaller size so I apologise for all the writing. I will say Bilbo, I agree you're absolutely right, and I'm by no means a Khan hater I'm sorry if it came across as that I just get annoyed at the hype when he hasn't earnt it yet. Not Khan's fault at all, hype is built solely for creating media interest and to further careers and thats a promoters job, if I was Warren I'd be doing exactly the same thing.

The cut didn't solely account for Barerra being beaten, very true, I just feel maybe classy is too strong a description. Khan is good, and he showed bags full of improvement and I'm so glad he moved over to Roach after losing to Prescott, just seeing him keep his hands up around his chin made me feel better.

I'm looking forward to his next fight and I hope it's against someone who will propel him further into the world stage, and convince those of us who are still undecided (like me) that he has what it takes. He's very interesting to watch and his hand speed n combos are great. If he took Prescott on again he would gain a ton of respect from anyone. I like Khan and he seems like a decent enough guy, hopefully that win will have built his confidence up and he can prove to me that he is world class, cos I really want him to.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure how to shrink these quotes down to a smaller size so I apologise for all the writing. I will say Bilbo, I agree you're absolutely right, and I'm by no means a Khan hater I'm sorry if it came across as that I just get annoyed at the hype when he hasn't earnt it yet. Not Khan's fault at all, hype is built solely for creating media interest and to further careers and thats a promoters job, if I was Warren I'd be doing exactly the same thing.

The cut didn't solely account for Barerra being beaten, very true, I just feel maybe classy is too strong a description. Khan is good, and he showed bags full of improvement and I'm so glad he moved over to Roach after losing to Prescott, just seeing him keep his hands up around his chin made me feel better.

I'm looking forward to his next fight and I hope it's against someone who will propel him further into the world stage, and convince those of us who are still undecided (like me) that he has what it takes. He's very interesting to watch and his hand speed n combos are great. If he took Prescott on again he would gain a ton of respect from anyone. I like Khan and he seems like a decent enough guy, hopefully that win will have built his confidence up and he can prove to me that he is world class, cos I really want him to.
    Mate that's all I ever said nothing more. I'm not even a Khan fan particularly I just don't like all the hate that he gets. How well he will do against a real live world class opponent in their prime I don't know. He could certainly get ktfo by any of the top guys. But he also has the skills and speed to give them all nightmares and that makes him exciting.

Anyways I agree with everything you said in that post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate that's all I ever said nothing more. I'm not even a Khan fan particularly I just don't like all the hate that he gets. How well he will do against a real live world class opponent in their prime I don't know. He could certainly get ktfo by any of the top guys. But he also has the skills and speed to give them all nightmares and that makes him exciting.

Anyways I agree with everything you said in that post

Exciting is definitely a word I'd use to describe him, always the niggling thought that he could get totally plastered and the knowledge that he has that speed n those combos, with Roach I just hope he keeps improving.

Blimey... a truce on a forum...I think Saddo's is the only place that can happen, so few arseholes on this site compared to others. Can discuss points intelligently rather than resorting to name calling, although I have seen it on here before. By that I mean you're not an arsehole, just to clarify ol' boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is a bum. Hatton would knock this chump out in 30 seconds. I really do hate Khan now.

Thread Information