Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

Granting Floyd Mayweather Jr. will have a tune-up fight this coming July 11, who should he fight for his July 11 date?

Vote in the poll and discuss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

JMM. Good name,big fight, IMO beats him easy set himself for whoever he wants hopefully Hatton again. In wembley.(wishful thinking)
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tins06 View Post
    JMM. Good name,big fight, IMO beats him easy set himself for whoever he wants hopefully Hatton again. In wembley.(wishful thinking)
    Yep, PBF beats JMM easily and having beat the current #2 P4P in a tune-up fight will create a bigger buzz for the super mega huge event fight ahead late this year for PBF...

Tho JMM is the smaller boxer, he did called out PBF and no one can criticize PBF for taking on the smaller boxer whom he's expected to blast out easily... PBF just answering JMM's challenge...

JMM a perfect tune-up opponent for PBF...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, where has it been said that he WILL be coming out of retirement?

Anything concrete?

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Anything concrete?

Nothing concrete yet but there's so much rumors about PBF's impending return and July 11 is the date being suggested around that's why I started my 1st post of this thread "Granting PBF will..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything concrete?
    ur right,I kind of assumed he was with all the talk on the forum lol. If he did come back though seing as its a "tune up" JMM would be the most lucrative opponent IMO.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone is picking Marquez, but i would like to see him fight a genuine Welterweight in any tune up fight. Clottey or Berto?
    Ultimately any Floyd comeback leads to a Mosley or Cotto match up before any thoughts of a Pacman or God forbid Hatton rematch! I am assuming he will be fighting at 147lb so why not a genuine top 10 current Welter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

Anything concrete?

Nothing concrete yet but there's so much rumors about PBF's impending return and July 11 is the date being suggested around that's why I started my 1st post of this thread "Granting PBF will..."
    So what are you talking about? Floyd will never, I repeat, NEVER fight a half decent Welter as a tune up.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Everyone is picking Marquez, but i would like to see him fight a genuine Welterweight in any tune up fight. Clottey or Berto?
    Ultimately any Floyd comeback leads to a Mosley or Cotto match up before any thoughts of a Pacman or God forbid Hatton rematch! I am assuming he will be fighting at 147lb so why not a genuine top 10 current Welter?

Clottey and Berto already have scheduled fights... Clottey to fight Cotto on June 13 (i pick Clottey to win this one) and Berto to fight Juan Urango on May 30...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

Anything concrete?

So what are you talking about? Floyd will never, I repeat, NEVER fight a half decent Welter as a tune up.
    Who is this "half decent welter" you're referring to??

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF is about money and prestige. He will take the most money and most prestige for the minimum risk. JMM fits the bill perfectly
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    PBF is about money and prestige. He will take the most money and most prestige for the minimum risk. JMM fits the bill perfectly
    PBF-JMM will produce decent money since all Mexican fans will be behind JMM, the current #1 Mexican boxer at the moment after the Margarito fiasco...

Prestige? Well aside from being the #1 Mexican boxer, JMM is also the #2 P4P boxer...

Decent money and so much prestige awaiting for PBF if he chooses JMM as his tune-up fight...

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Who should Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight for his July 11 tune-up fight?

If he is looking for a perfect opponent then why not comeback and fight loud mouthed Nate Campbell? Iffy chin, left lightweight as a beltholder, struggled to make lightweight so 147 should not be a problem and can sell himself. I think the trash talking could sell the fight alone.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    If he is looking for a perfect opponent then why not comeback and fight loud mouthed Nate Campbell? Iffy chin, left lightweight as a beltholder, struggled to make lightweight so 147 should not be a problem and can sell himself. I think the trash talking could sell the fight alone.
    Hmmnn... good choice... Two American-African battling it out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted other.
    I wanted to see PBF fight Cotto before he left and from what i remember PBF was kinda tryin to avoid talks of him.
    Its also a pretty good match up.
    Cotto fought opposition that PBF fought but unlike PBF, Cotto Destroyed and Ko'ed them.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Thread Information