Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Give BOXING a shot in the arm ...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Give BOXING a shot in the arm ...

Moot ? wtf, I have no Idea who or what this person is.

Any list that has Britney Spears in it as influencial is bonkers - she can't even influence her own kids because of a court order.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    This is by far the most bullshit list in the world, when a Korean popstar who most of the planet has never heard of tops the list. Also Paul Kagame is the President of Rwanda, SB, and holds considerable influence over much of the region of Central Africa due to his military history, and is seen as a kind of mini-Mandela/Mugabe depending on your political viewpoint. So he probably is more influential than Pacquiao. But not more than Barack Obama. But that list is a joke anyway

Could be a joke list... Time magazine spent a great deal of time, effort and money in having this "Top 100 Influential People" joke list every year for so many years now...

Anyone who believes that the list you have linked to on here is in any way, shape, or form legitimate is a gibbering moron who should be immediate rendered sterile for the good of all mankind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Anyone who believes that the list you have linked to on here is in any way, shape, or form legitimate is a gibbering moron who should be immediate rendered sterile for the good of all mankind.
    most of the people on the list should be made sterile.

XaduBoxer Guest

Could be a joke list... Time magazine spent a great deal of time, effort and money in having this "Top 100 Influential People" joke list every year for so many years now...

You're a boxing fan, isn't it? Now tell me how do boxing or boxers influence your life? The time you spent in this forum already indicates that boxing/boxers is on top of your priorities...

Regarding the list, mind you there's many legit influential persons on that list... Obama, Putin just to name a few...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're a boxing fan, isn't it? Now tell me how do boxing or boxers influence your life? The time you spent in this forum already indicates that boxing/boxers is on top of your priorities...

Regarding the list, mind you there's many legit influential persons on that list... Obama, Putin just to name a few...
    Boxers and boxing do not influence my life in any way shape or form. I love boxing, I also love hockey, but its nothing more than entertainment. I can think of very few boxers I would want influencing me.

I spend a lot of time on here because I have to spend a lot of time in front of a computer, not because I'm influenced by boxers or because boxing is one of my priorities (though I love watching boxing). That's an absurd argument.

What does any of what you posted have to do with that list being legitimate?

XaduBoxer Guest

Boxers and boxing do not influence my life in any way shape or form. I love boxing, I also love hockey, but its nothing more than entertainment. I can think of very few boxers I would want influencing me.

I spend a lot of time on here because I have to spend a lot of time in front of a computer, not because I'm influenced by boxers or because boxing is one of my priorities (though I love watching boxing). That's an absurd argument.

Isn't it you skip classes and spent huge amount of money just to watch boxing or see your favorite boxer?

I think boxing for you is not purely for entertainment only... I can fully understand why you support a "weak" boxer like Molitor because he's your countryman... Boxing encompasses patriotism and love for country...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 04-01-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those guys are millionaire. And I don't think they give a flying fukk about anyones vote. I bet Pac is not even aware of that poll.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it you skip classes and spent huge amount of money just to watch boxing or see your favorite boxer?

I think boxing for you is not purely for entertainment only... I can fully understand why you support a "weak" boxer like Molitor because he's your countryman... Boxing encompasses patriotism and love for country...
    You're completely wrong. I've never once skipped class or work to watch boxing, nor have I spent a dime on watching boxing aside from the regular cable/internet bill and the time I spent $10 to watch the PBF-ODH fight in a bar.

If boxing isn't purely entertainment for me, then what is it? I support Molitor, a former belt holder with one lost to a burgeoning p4p fighting because I like his attitude, the way he fights, and his story. That fact that he is Canadian has little to do with it. It's not inconsequential, but if you read my signature I think even you will be able to understand my feelings about patriotism and all that sort of nationalistic bullshit. I am not a patriot, nor would I say that I love my country (though I very much understand that I am lucky to live where I do), so I disagree with you there as well. Aside from George Chuvalo, I'm hard-pressed to think of another Canadian fight that I really like (though I would not say that I dislike any of them either).

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why that list is legitimate.

XaduBoxer Guest

I support Molitor, a former belt holder with one loss to a burgeoning p4p fighting because I like his attitude, the way he fights, and his story.
    You see, you're not even aware that some boxers' do have a character and attitude that can influence your own life... You like Molitor, his attitude, his fighting style and his story so there must be something in him that you like to emulate...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I support Molitor, a former belt holder with one loss to a burgeoning p4p fighting because I like his attitude, the way he fights, and his story.
    You see, you're not even aware that some boxers' do have a character and attitude that can influence your own life... You like Molitor, his attitude, his fighting style and his story so there must be something in him that you like to emulate...
    Goddamn Saddoboxer...

I can like the attitude and character of someone (yes, even an athlete) and not emulate them or have them influence me. It's a fairly simple concept. Liking/appreciating something does not equal emulation. An individual would have to be incredibly weak-minded for that to be the case.

How is the list legitimate?

XaduBoxer Guest

It's pre-screened by Time magazine editorial staff...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That doesn't make it legitimate.

XaduBoxer Guest

You can say what you want but what I saw on Time magazine covers were legit list...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can say what you want but what I saw on Time magazine covers were legit list...

If you feel that the list you posted is an accurate representation of the most influential people in the world you're insane.

XaduBoxer Guest

If you feel that the list you posted is an accurate representation of the most influential people in the world you're insane.
    Yep those people managing Time magazine are all insane...

Thread Information