Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kimbo Slice?

Been watching a lot of this guys street fights on Youtube and to be honest I don't see what the big deal with him is? I mean yeah fair enough he has decent size and power but could you imagine sticking him against a prime elite "TRAINED" fighter of the caliber of a Foreman or Tyson? He would get his head knocked off!

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I keep hearing people saying he would destroy top boxers and to be honest it's really getting annoying now. Does anyone else keep hearing this kind of nonsense and if so do you agree?

To me he looks tailor made for a top HW boxer to destroy. I know he has beaten an old old old Ray Mercer in a cage but for a start Mercer was never quite top level to me and he was well old. IMO a 28 year old Mercer would own him quick!

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Kimbo Slice?

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Been watching a lot of this guys street fights on Youtube and to be honest I don't see what the big deal with him is? I mean yeah fair enough he has decent size and power but could you imagine sticking him against a prime elite "TRAINED" fighter of the caliber of a Foreman or Tyson? He would get his head knocked off!

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I keep hearing people saying he would destroy top boxers and to be honest it's really getting annoying now. Does anyone else keep hearing this kind of nonsense and if so do you agree?

To me he looks tailor made for a top HW boxer to destroy. I know he has beaten an old old old Ray Mercer in a cage but for a start Mercer was never quite top level to me and he was well old. IMO a 28 year old Mercer would own him quick!
    Shame on you RJJ! This should be in the Mma forum so you can piss those guys off with those truthful statements. I'm starting a Manny P thread over there.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kimbo Slice?

Even Kid Thunder would beat Kimbo
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His reputation as a great street fighter is a product of hype. He was never a very good fighter of any kind, average i guess. The guys he fought on the streets really couldnt fight.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    His reputation as a great street fighter is a product of hype. He was never a very good fighter of any kind, average i guess. The guys he fought on the streets really couldnt fight.
    Well to be honest the guys I've seen him fight on Youtube are not exactly "in shape athletes". I just keep hearing so much non-sense spoken about him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to be honest the guys I've seen him fight on Youtube are not exactly "in shape athletes". I just keep hearing so much non-sense spoken about him!
    I thought the hype around Kimbo died when he was KO'ed in 35 seconds by a washed up former UFC wannabe Light Heavyweight.

Kimbo was exposed and would get crushed by a 20th ranked heavyweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea, the people who actually come to think he could take a top flight Heavyweight are just plain fools

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Kimbo guy is about the most overhyped overrated bum of all-time. He doesn't have any skills. The only reason why people thing he is such a big deal is because he's a big guy with a big beard, and that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "The L.A. Earthquake" View Post
    This Kimbo guy is about the most overhyped overrated bum of all-time. He doesn't have any skills. The only reason why people thing he is such a big deal is because he's a big guy with a big beard, and that's it.
    and because his name is Kimbo Slice.. it's a pretty cool name, you have to admit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by "The L.A. Earthquake" View Post
    and because his name is Kimbo Slice.. it's a pretty cool name, you have to admit.
    Not as good as Tyson Fury!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo has power, that is the reason he was severely overhyped. He was never a skilled pugilist but he is always one punch away from making the highlight reel. Make no mistake about it he is trash in my opinion and I am glad he got rocked but to answer the question it is because of the power, image, and media machine that was CBS and Elite XC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo was all about hype.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's strong and untalented but has a kind of good charisma and very good marketing machine behind, he's a good piece to drag and attract new peoples to MMA but beside being a promotional face, he'll never be good and he's the hype of the hype
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo Slice is a marketing machine? damn he's ugly! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His name is Kevin Ferguson, which explains his complete lack of fighting ability.

Go google his fight with Sean Gannon (a pudgy Boston cop who would later be DESTROYED in his only UFC match). He was never any good, he was only better than the losers he fought.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Thread Information