Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming fights that no one is talking about

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Upcoming fights that no one is talking about

There are some very interesting fights coming up that no one has mentioned.

April 25: Juan Manuel Lopez-Gerry Penalosa, Lamont Peterson-Willy Blain

May 9: Dawson-Tarver

May 22: Odlainer Solis-Fres Oquendo

May 30: Andre Berto-Juan Urango, Alfredo Angulo-Kermit Cintron

June 27: Kelly Pavlik-Segio Mora

Those are very interesting fights IMO, they were listed on the fight schedule on foxsports.com.

If Solis can come to fight IN SHAPE and he dominates Fres Oquendo then I think he's ready for the big time. Fres has had very bad luck lately, I think he beat Byrd, Toney, and he just was a few rounds shy of beating David Tua.

Angulo-Cintron, is an AWESOME match up...I hope AA beats that punk into submission!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Upcoming fights that no one is talking about

interested in the Dawson-Tarver, think dawson wins this one! didnt realise it was in may!

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

I guess you missed my thread for the PeƱalosa-JuanMa fight... I create threads earlier than the usual buzz and that particular thread was started February 22... Tho I admit that thread was not updated lately...

link --> http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...nma-ready.html

Last edited by XaduBoxer; 04-17-2009 at 09:51 AM.

El Kabong Guest

I guess I did miss that....paired with a Lamont Peterson fight it's a good card.

John Duddy and Kassim Ouma are on the same card in April (the 24th I think) as well which is nice....not on TV though I don't think.

XaduBoxer Guest

And what do you think of the April 25 Jermain Taylor vs. Carl Froch fight? Does it merit some attention? I've read even UK TVs not interested to carry the fight in UK... How disappointing considering Froch is the only UK legit champ at the moment...

BTW, Paulie Mallignaggi will be having a tune-up fight in one of the undercards...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    And what do you think of the April 25 Jermain Taylor vs. Carl Froch fight? Does it merit some attention? I've read even UK TVs not interested to carry the fight in UK... How disappointing considering Froch is the only UK legit champ at the moment...

BTW, Paulie Mallignaggi will be having a tune-up fight in one of the undercards...
    As will Allan Green. And Tyson Fury is on the card too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those are very interesting fights IMO, they were listed on the fight schedule on foxsports.com.

If Solis can come to fight IN SHAPE and he dominates Fres Oquendo then I think he's ready for the big time. Fres has had very bad luck lately, I think he beat Byrd, Toney, and he just was a few rounds shy of beating David Tua.

Angulo-Cintron, is an AWESOME match up...I hope AA beats that punk into submission!

There have been threads about all of these except Solis - Oquendo.
    Most of these are good matchups, I don't know that Tarver - Dawson II is really worthwhile though, Tarver was dominated from bell to bell in the first fight.

Really looking forward to the May 30th card, interested to see how Urango's power carries up with him. Based on Berto's fight with Collazo, we've seen Berto stand in the pocket and get tagged against his corners wishes. If he does that against Urango he may in fact get sparked.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Upcoming fights that no one is talking about

Mora vs Pavlik and Tarver vs Dawson are both going to be very boring fights in my opinion. Tarver has one of the most boring and laid back styles. It's enough to put you to sleep. Sergio Mora doesnt even belong in their with Pavlik. He has no power and just doesnt bring that explosiveness or fire to the ring. He'll never be a popular fighter in my opinion. Berto vs Urango should be a good one. If Urango doesnt come to fight Berto will force the action for sure. Tarver just needs to get lost, he doesnt do anything good for the sport. His acting sucks royally as well!!!!!
    SCRAPTIME

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Upcoming fights that no one is talking about

I can't wait for the Solis fight and look forward to seeing how good he can handle a former contender that can still be dangerous.

Tarver vs Dawson will be the same as the 1st but Tarver is still undefeated in rematches so that kinda makes it interesting. And hopefully we get a chance to see Bowie Topou on the undercard.

Pavlik vs Mora will hopefully be Pavlik's last get well fight as there are more serious contenders in Abraham and now Paul Williams. I still think Winky can take Pavlik even after his thrashing by the Punisher and hope the loss does not hurt him mentally.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    I can't wait for the Solis fight and look forward to seeing how good he can handle a former contender that can still be dangerous.

Tarver vs Dawson will be the same as the 1st but Tarver is still undefeated in rematches so that kinda makes it interesting. And hopefully we get a chance to see Bowie Topou on the undercard.

Pavlik vs Mora will hopefully be Pavlik's last get well fight as there are more serious contenders in Abraham and now Paul Williams. I still think Winky can take Pavlik even after his thrashing by the Punisher and hope the loss does not hurt him mentally.
    I'm hoping for that too, it's weird seeing a heavyweight prospect that's in such good shape.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only ones I'm interested in are the JuanMa and Solis fights. Don't think much of the Petersons, already seen Tarver Dawson, Pavlik is getting another easy fight. Maybe see how Angulo does against Cintron. But the JuanMa fight is the big one for me. Hopefully he's the next big thing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually there are several more fights that I'm also looking forward to that still havn't been mentioned.

Cory Spinks vs Deandre Latimore.

Should be interesting. Latimore is the guy who knocked out Sechew Powell on ESPN fights some months back. I remember that fight as being really entertaining so am looking forward to this one.

Kell Brook vs Young Mutley

I know Dark Lord doesn't rate Brook but he is one of the most exciting fighters in British boxing right now imo and Mutley is a decent domestic opponent and did beat Michael Jennings. He also went into the late rounds against Kevin Anderson and Coline Lynes so if Brook can take him out early like he has his last few he could be developing into something special.

Oliver McCall vs John Hopaote.

Ok I'm probably the only person interested in this but I still like McCall and think he's capable of beating a couple prospects at least and Hopoate is infamous in Australia for being banned from Rugby for sticking his finger up his opponents bum holes. He's crap but his fight with Bob Mirovic was wildly entertaining and he has KO'd Cliff Couser since. Will watch with interest.

Anthony Mundine vs Daniel Geale.

Geale is unbeaten and proven himself to be Australias best rival for Mundine when he beat Daniel Dawson in a big battle of unbeatens last year. I'm not particularly sold on him but he's a decent fighter and its nice to finally see Mundine fight somebody who isn't either a friend and sparring partner or else a complete tomato can.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Latimore has really solid fundamentals, even though Powell claimed he was doing a rope-a-dope, it was revealed later he was just smoking dope.
    Look forward to that one too.

Tonight's Aydin vs. Olaui should be a great match as well.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rope a dope ....Actually think Latimore might have a suprise or two in him.Love his story,seems solid and enjoyed him smoking Powell right out of there.Aydin ?Not familiar off the top

Matt Vanda vs. Tocker Pudwill....that my friends will make mice of men!!Also Silence Mabuza clashing with Yohnny Perez today or tomorrow??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Rope a dope ....Actually think Latimore might have a suprise or two in him.Love his story,seems solid and enjoyed him smoking Powell right out of there.Aydin ?Not familiar off the top

Matt Vanda vs. Tocker Pudwill....that my friends will make mice of men!!Also Silence Mabuza clashing with Yohnny Perez today or tomorrow??
    Perez/Mabuza is tomorrow should be about 7 AM your time.

Thread Information