Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight Night Round 4 Game Face Feature! (Missing Boxers not a Problem Anymore)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fight Night Round 4 Game Face Feature! (Missing Boxers not a Problem Anymore)

When you come to create your Boxer, you can use EA’s Game Face which has been used since the first Tiger Woods PGA Tour. This is very good, but can take a long time if you want to create a realistic self-avatar in the game. Now EA have introduced Photo Game Face, but for this feature you need an Xbox Live Vision Camera. With this option you take a front and side photo of yourself then line up the points on your photos with the examples then it will create your face and it is quite accurate, the only thing you need to add is hair! But it’s a very good feature indeed. You just have to make sure that you’re in a well lit room when the photos are taken. Also just before it generates the photo, it gives you the warning that it will take from 10 to 20 minutes! It is worth it though.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Night Round 4 Game Face Feature! (Missing Boxers not a Problem Anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    When you come to create your Boxer, you can use EA’s Game Face which has been used since the first Tiger Woods PGA Tour. This is very good, but can take a long time if you want to create a realistic self-avatar in the game. Now EA have introduced Photo Game Face, but for this feature you need an Xbox Live Vision Camera. With this option you take a front and side photo of yourself then line up the points on your photos with the examples then it will create your face and it is quite accurate, the only thing you need to add is hair! But it’s a very good feature indeed. You just have to make sure that you’re in a well lit room when the photos are taken. Also just before it generates the photo, it gives you the warning that it will take from 10 to 20 minutes! It is worth it though.
    Was gonna create a thread on this myself, we can share boxer photos in here in order to fill in those who are missing. Do you know how it works on PS3?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight Night Round 4 Game Face Feature! (Missing Boxers not a Problem Anymore)

No Sorry, But I will be making Ibeabuchi, Tua, Briggs, Bowe, Both Klitschkos, Cooney, Holmes and Holyfield.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, my understanding of this is that you need both a portrait style photo with the guy facing completely forwards at the camera, and a picture from the side, basically like a mugshot pic.

One thing that is likely as I've found using a similar feature on a football game is that light & shadows on faces can mean that one half of the face can look weird, and lead to a sort of 'panda' effect on the result. I will try to use photoshop to undo this on any fighters I post up & would advise others to do the same.

Will try post up a Mayweather one tomorrow

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Ok, my understanding of this is that you need both a portrait style photo with the guy facing completely forwards at the camera, and a picture from the side, basically like a mugshot pic.

One thing that is likely as I've found using a similar feature on a football game is that light & shadows on faces can mean that one half of the face can look weird, and lead to a sort of 'panda' effect on the result. I will try to use photoshop to undo this on any fighters I post up & would advise others to do the same.

Will try post up a Mayweather one tomorrow
    Luckily the fighters I hope to make have a plethera of mugshots to choose from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be really good if we could all share suitable photos of left out boxers to put them in the game!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone can tell me how to stick in a photo from My Documents, I can post up a Mayweather gameface

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone can tell me how to stick in a photo from My Documents, I can post up a Mayweather gameface
    You need to open a photobucket account and upload it there.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is a good link already dedicated for the Fight Night ROund 4 Game Face.

"Official boxers Photo thread for GameFace"(No asking questions) - Fight Night Round 4 General Discussion - Fight Night Round 4: EA Forums

Besure to check it out.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol im sorry to ask but can u give us step by step instructions on how to do this crap....sounds confusing =)
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    No Sorry, But I will be making Ibeabuchi, Tua, Briggs, Bowe, Both Klitschkos, Cooney, Holmes and Holyfield.
    how can you create the faces of these boxers using pHoto game face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so this is only for xbox right?
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This gives the best idea on how it works: A look at Photo Game Face - Fight Night Round 4

I'm not familiar with it, but I guess it shapes the model according to the depth in the picture, and where you move the facial markers. Skin color, and hair is added after the fact. Anyone else thinking about taking a picture of a football or soccerball? I'm going to make some beautiful abominations!

I'll buy the Xbox vision camera for less than 20 bucks on ebay. When I'm all done with it, I'll just use it as a webcam.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm guessin with the PS3 at least you will simply be able to load jpegs onto the hard drive & do it from there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm guessin with the PS3 at least you will simply be able to load jpegs onto the hard drive & do it from there

On the Xbox you have to load the pics from your computer, it'll probably be like that on the Ps3. On the EA FNR3 board, by all accounts there, it appears that the game face feature will be on the PS3 as well.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 06-06-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information