Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Was this French woman right to stop the bus to save a frog?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus Driver stops bus to save frog, saint or stupid bitch?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bus Driver stops bus to save frog, saint or stupid bitch?

Bus driver suspended after frog rescue mission - Yahoo! News UK

An interesting story showing the moral dilemnas of today's modern world.

A woman bus driver, driving a bus that was already 20 minutes late stopped the bus to rescue a frog that she would otherwise have been forced to drive over and squash.

The passengers complained and she was suspended but an outpouring of sentiment and complaints against the company and in support of the heroine driver have led to them being forced to give her her job back.

So what are the views of you guys? Is she a saint who saved a life as she claims, or is she a stupid dumb timewasting dogooder who messed up many people's day because of her pathetic tree hugging ideals?

I vote for time wasting bitch, it's a fucking frog not a beached whale. Many people on that bus might have needed to get somewhere urgently and her pathetic attempt to be at one with nature and rescue a frog may have seriously screwed up people's days.

Now I know some will say she did a great thing, but consider this, if YOU are on the bus, already 20 minutes late and you need to get somewhere for an important meeting or interview and the driver stops to help a fucking frog how would you feel?

This company should have held firm and sacked her, let the WWF give this woman a job and get someone in to actually drive buses so they get where they are on time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bus Driver stops bus to save frog, saint or stupid bitch?

I would have ran over the amphibian, unless it had human legs.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmmm, can of worms this one isn't it.

If the bus was running on time I'd say fair enough... how long does it take to stop the bus and gently kick a frog out of the way?

I'm not going to get into a debate about being 20 minutes late, if I was on the bus and it had made me late for work I'd probably be bright red and be demanding froggy blood but at the same time if you're 20 minutes late is a 30 second frog stop going to make a lot of difference?

The main can of worms is who says that you being on time for a job interview is as or more important than a frog's life?

I do seeing as we are talking about a person's livelyhood versus a frog's life but no doubt others will disagree. Everybody is entitled to their own code of ethics though Bilbo and you shouldn't call them pathetic for following them.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PS: option 4

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    haha

I disagreed with everything you said though, its a frog, she's perfectly entitled to her code of ethics and if she felt the right thing to do was stop and move the frog onto the pavement so that it could be squashed by the next vehicle that came along rather than her bus than that is her right.

However if the bus company are more concerned about their buses running on time and don't care less about whether a frog dies now at the hands of one of their drivers or ten minutes later at the wheels of a different vehicle then that is absolutely their right too and they should be allowed to sack her without a media outcry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosquitos carry deadly desease like dengue or malaria. Frog eat mosquitos. They're our friend. But I sure wouldn't stop in the middle of the road for them. I'd run those fuckers over and hear them pop.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    haha

I disagreed with everything you said though, its a frog, she's perfectly entitled to her code of ethics and if she felt the right thing to do was stop and move the frog onto the pavement so that it could be squashed by the next vehicle that came along rather than her bus than that is her right.

However if the bus company are more concerned about their buses running on time and don't care less about whether a frog dies now at the hands of one of their drivers or ten minutes later at the wheels of a different vehicle then that is absolutely their right too and they should be allowed to sack her without a media outcry.
    Fair enough if it's going to enivitably die but if she doesn't want to be the one to do it she shouldn't have to.

Personally I would of ran the fucker over for that very reason but those are my ethics and not hers.

They won't of sacked her because the bus was late, it was 20 minutes late anyway... they will have sacked her because of the amount of complaints that the public gave them... the very same reason that they rehired her.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha

Fair enough if it's going to enivitably die but if she doesn't want to be the one to do it she shouldn't have to.

Personally I would of ran the fucker over for that very reason but those are my ethics and not hers.

They won't of sacked her because the bus was late, it was 20 minutes late anyway... they will have sacked her because of the amount of complaints that the public gave them... the very same reason that they rehired her.

Yes that's a sensible way of looking it I guess, they are just trying to respond as best they can to customer disatisfaction.

The world is so fucked up that I can imagine if they didn't rehire her the WWF would join with Liberty and any other crackpot dogooding organisation to stage a boycott of their buses

If I was the owner of the company though I would have rode the complaints out and even turned it into a positive ad campaign.

I'd have an advert of buses running with total efficiency crushing slugs, snails, frogs underfoot and arriving at their destinations on time whilst the rival bus company stops ever few minutes to scoop snails of the road and put them on the curb, with the driver always giving way for traffic and slowing to let a little old lady with a zimmerframe cross the road in her own time.

Then I'd pan back to my bus just plouging a large sway through the traffic storming past the rival bus leaving a cloud of dust all over its windscreen.

I'd end with the slogan 'Fed up with your transport company caring more about pondlife than they do you? Then drive with Bilbo's Buses and reclaim the roads for humanity. We get you to where you want to go on time, because we only want the frog lovers, not our customers to be hopping mad'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha

Yes that's a sensible way of looking it I guess, they are just trying to respond as best they can to customer disatisfaction.

The world is so fucked up that I can imagine if they didn't rehire her the WWF would join with Liberty and any other crackpot dogooding organisation to stage a boycott of their buses

If I was the owner of the company though I would have rode the complaints out and even turned it into a positive ad campaign.

I'd have an advert of buses running with total efficiency crushing slugs, snails, frogs underfoot and arriving at their destinations on time whilst the rival bus company stops ever few minutes to scoop snails of the road and put them on the curb, with the driver always giving way for traffic and slowing to let a little old lady with a zimmerframe cross the road in her own time.

Then I'd pan back to my bus just plouging a large sway through the traffic storming past the rival bus leaving a cloud of dust all over its windscreen.

I'd end with the slogan 'Fed up with your transport company caring more about pondlife than they do you? Then drive with Bilbo's Buses and reclaim the roads for humanity. We get you to where you want to go on time, because we only want the frog lovers, not our customers to be hopping mad'

Your creativity is very misguided.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha Bilbo... does your company just wipe out old ladys too?!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh man if I was the companys owner on camera answering for my actions;

I would definatley have a plate of frogs legs and be sucking on them and laying the bones down on the plate in front of me while the interview went on.

"I think in these times of traffic congestion speeding etc the saftey of our
    passengers has to be our first priorty",

slurrrrp ,plonk

"thankyou for your time,Im sorry, you'll have to excuse me i have a lunch appointment I must attend".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Oh man if I was the companys owner on camera answering for my actions;

I would definatley have a plate of frogs legs and be sucking on them and laying the bones down on the plate in front of me while the interview went on.

"I think in these times of traffic congestion speeding etc the saftey of our
    passengers has to be our first priorty",

slurrrrp ,plonk

"thankyou for your time,Im sorry, you'll have to excuse me i have a lunch appointment I must attend".
    Rice field frog legs are actually quite tastey.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think only Clubber can decide the proper course of action.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"fuck the frog in the mouth"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SEPTA drivers dont stop for people,a frog would be in deep S in Philly

Thread Information