Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2009 NBA Thread

Wow what a game here by the Celtics & The Bulls.

Rose is a fucken beast....
    36 points for a Rookie in his 1st playoff game ever.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NBA Playoffs thread

I don't understand people who act like they watch the NBA during the regular season, nobody's ever watched a regular season game, fact, but the playoffs are awesome.

Its all about hate for me, I get much more out of a team I hate losing than a team I like winning. I always hate the Spurs but they suck so bad this year I just can't be bothered. As far as players go I usually choose to hate Kirk Thomas, because he's a pathetic flopper, but I don't even think he plays much this year and Tim Duncan because he's such a fucking whiner but like I said the Spurs are just too pathetic to hate this year.

So I'm going with Chris Anderson, even though I kind of like the Nuggets. Wtih Thomas and Duncan I had legitimate reasons to hate them but I really don't have much of a problem with Anderson's game. Its just that I can't help but hate somebody that looks this fucking stupid:

http://momentumoffailure.files.wordp...isanderson.jpg

I really can't find a picture that does justice to how stupid looking he is, oh well.

Anyway I guess I'm rooting for the Cavs, Hornets, Heat, a few others.

Too many boring blowouts so far but the Philly-Orlando game was good, anytime the Spurs lose is fun.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 04-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NBA Playoffs thread

I also hate Sasha Vujacic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Mick, didn't see yours so have merged

Rose is a bad ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ouma, I watch regular season play cause i'm a loser.. Celtics are my home team, so especially after them winning the championship last year, i followed them all of this year..

besides that, we are VERY screwed without KG.. They will get passed the Bulls, i believe, but if they have the Magic in the second round, they are in a lot of trouble.. Without shame, i will say that without KG, we have no chance against the Cavs.. Assuming this is the case, i see a Lakers/Cavs finals with the Cavs taking it in 6.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope the Rockets win it all this year.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Ouma, I watch regular season play cause i'm a loser.. Celtics are my home team, so especially after them winning the championship last year, i followed them all of this year..

besides that, we are VERY screwed without KG.. They will get passed the Bulls, i believe, but if they have the Magic in the second round, they are in a lot of trouble.. Without shame, i will say that without KG, we have no chance against the Cavs.. Assuming this is the case, i see a Lakers/Cavs finals with the Cavs taking it in 6.
    The Celts are screwed overall, but I wouldn't totally put it past them getting by Orlando. Orlando (and this observation is based on the one time I've seen them all year) are a bit flaky man, they downright ignore Howard sometimes when he's wide open down low.

He had 31 points on 11/13 shooting. How in the hell does he only get 13 shots? Fire the coach immediately.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 04-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post

The Celts are screwed overall, but I wouldn't totally put it past them getting by Orlando. Orlando (and this observation is based on the one time I've seen them all year) are a bit flaky man, they downright ignore Howard sometimes when he's wide open down low.

He had 31 points on 11/13 shooting. How in the hell does he only get 13 shots? Fire the coach immediately.
    Orlando is flaky because they rely on the 3 too much. They have the odd combination of 3 point shooters and a REALLY good big man.. sadly they are not too much besides that.. with that said, they are very effective at what they do, and will be a tough team to get by.

I wouldn't be surprised of the Celt's losing to ANYONE at this point, but i feel they will get by the Bulls with relative ease going forward, starting tonight.. Ray Allen had a TERRIBLE game, and that won't happen again..

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Bulls fan and watch as many regular season games as I can.

I also watch the Lakers a lot well cause I live in L.A. and they make for exciting/dramatic games.
    They can easily blow out a team in the 1st three qts. only to let them come from behind and win it by 2 points or lose it.

It's just really entertaining.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We should have beat the Celtics today.
    We shot better then they did.

Then again they made the shots when it was down the stretch.
    Allen off the screen is his thing. He rarely misses those...

Noahs pissing me off and has been sloppy, he needs a kick in the ass to wake the fuck up and pick up the pace.

Rose was flat scoring only 10 points.
    Were gonna need a lot more then just a dime from Rose if we wanna beat the 'Tics...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Rose could have gotten it going they just were going to Gordon every time, which was understandable. That was a great game.

Noah I don't care if you got the block, you can't taunt on a foul, you look silly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And what has happened to Paul Pierce? I remember one of the announcers talking about how he had a good game, I didn't see it, he can't seem to get his shot off like he usually does, even Rose blocked one of his shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    And what has happened to Paul Pierce? I remember one of the announcers talking about how he had a good game, I didn't see it, he can't seem to get his shot off like he usually does, even Rose blocked one of his shots.
    "The Truth" has not shown up in this series yet.. he's been struggling.. i have a good feeling he's going to light it up on the road though, we shall see..

Rondo is a beast, and has been playing exceptionally well.. he is nearly unguardable with the amount of speed/acceleration he has, he just has to keep finishing like he has been..

After reading some columns from last nights game, there is a lot of negativity regarding the Celtics.. Saying that they can't rely on guys to have career nights to win games.. guys like big baby and perkins.. call me optimistic, but these guys can and should perform at this level consistantly.. Without KG, i don't see how this is a fluke or anything to that extent.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do they really have to televise Cleveland-Pistons? Really?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A day late but WOW!!!

What a fucken game by Williams that was vs. the Lakers yesterday.
    He was on fucken fire, from 3, 20 footers, inside the paint.

You name it he was making them. If he can continue to shoot like that Lakers are gonna have a tough time in Utah come Thur. & Sat.

Thread Information