Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default carl froch, welcome to superstardom

well done son, that was an unbelievable performance, thought ud had fukked it after the knock down but u come in to ur own, and from round 8 i thought u could maybe knock him out, and u did, well done mate. top class

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: carl froch, welcome to superstardom

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    well done son, that was an unbelievable performance, thought ud had fukked it after the knock down but u come in to ur own, and from round 8 i thought u could maybe knock him out, and u did, well done mate. top class

Wonder if the tv stations are kicking themselve that they didn't broadcast it live.

Best fight of the year involving a British fighter so far, maybe a contender for Fight of The Year. Certainly my favourite of the year although as a Froch fan I may be biased.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He got up and won the fight. But up until that point it was pretty much what people expected of him, which isn't much.

Its safe to say now that kessler would beat him handily.

And I'm not sure he beats Jermain Taylor again if they have a rematch. But we'll see.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    He got up and won the fight. But up until that point it was pretty much what people expected of him, which isn't much.

And I'm not sure he beats Jermain Taylor again if they have a rematch. But we'll see.
    Yep, I think Kessler is still top dog at 168 despite not doing anything special since Calzaghe. I wish he would sort himself out because he is wasting his time at the moment. He is a class above Froch IMO. A rematch with Taylor sounds viable to me. Froch was down on the cards at the time of the stoppage, so Taylor might feel there is unfinished business.

But Froch got his win at the death, so good on him for doing that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously

Taylor was the clear betting favourite on both sides of the Atlantic so who how can Froch have been expected to have knocked him out as if it was just expected?

Taylor has only been stopped once in his career prior to this, to Kelly Pavlik who is one of the superstars of current boxing. He has two wins over Bernard Hopkins and isn't considered to be a walkover for any boxer on the planet.

How can you Froch just did what was expected as if Jermain is just some journeyman fighter?

Nobody has ever beaten Taylor easily, in fact Kelly Pavlik is the only other man to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Seriously

Taylor was the clear betting favourite on both sides of the Atlantic so who how can Froch have been expected to have knocked him out as if it was just expected?

Taylor has only been stopped once in his career prior to this, to Kelly Pavlik who is one of the superstars of current boxing. He has two wins over Bernard Hopkins and isn't considered to be a walkover for any boxer on the planet.

How can you Froch just did what was expected as if Jermain is just some journeyman fighter?

Nobody has ever beaten Taylor easily, in fact Kelly Pavlik is the only other man to do so.

What I mean is that this fight didn't really show us anything really new. We know Froch has power and a chin and heart, and thats great But it didnt show any improvements in terms of defense or things of that nature that could help him against people like Kessler. I do like him more after tonight but he needs to show something new before he moves it up to people like Kessler.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch did what we know he can do , but i feel you can only go on for so long with a defence as poor as that.

good fight tho.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously

What I mean is that this fight didn't really show us anything really new. We know Froch has power and a chin and heart, and thats great But it didnt show any improvements in terms of defense or things of that nature that could help him against people like Kessler. I do like him more after tonight but he needs to show something new before he moves it up to people like Kessler.
    Didn't show anything new? Seriously, you can't doubt that Froch was an underdog in this fight, genuinely steppin up to WC Level, against a skilled boxer with a good bang. He took what Taylor had and then proceeded to knock him out, all be it at the end.

The new things shown is that Froch can step it up to the top level, whether he won't get knocked out properly on the way is open for debate, but he stepped up, took everythin on offer, can pick his arse up from a bad knock down, and go on to smash the other guy up. Not many get away with that kind of turn around. New news has to be that Carl Froch is now WC level, which not many thought he would be, (all be it without any defense), and nothing less, surely no fraud.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just thought i'd drop in this Link, Good Read.... Post Fight Coverage article

Froch-Taylor Post Fight Coverage! | Fightnews - Boxing News Updated 24/7

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure this win gives him superstardom but he sure did put himself in the big league.

It might get Calzaghe out of retirement. That fight is now MASSIVE in Britain. It would be a GREAT event.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Not sure this win gives him superstardom but he sure did put himself in the big league.

It might get Calzaghe out of retirement. That fight is now MASSIVE in Britain. It would be a GREAT event.

That fight would be huge... but I reckon Calzaghe schools him really, and I wish Froch would stop mentioning it, he just needs to get on with things I think, go for the other top dogs in the division.

All I know is I'll definitely be watching Carl's next fight, cos' last night I didn't think I was gonna be yelling much but in the 12th round I screamed my nuts off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the fight demands a rematch even more so than Andrade/Bute, because Taylor was the one beating down Froch for most of the fight and went down from exhaustion......It wasnt like Froch even landed a fight changing punch........

Taylor will beat Froch in a rematch IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post

That fight would be huge... but I reckon Calzaghe schools him really, and I wish Froch would stop mentioning it, he just needs to get on with things I think, go for the other top dogs in the division.

All I know is I'll definitely be watching Carl's next fight, cos' last night I didn't think I was gonna be yelling much but in the 12th round I screamed my nuts off!
    Froch needs to go to church on Sunday and pray Joe stays retired, cause Joe wouldnt run out of gas......

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously

I remember you making this same comment about Manny Pacquaio when he tore apart David Diaz and I was pretty mystified then

What 'new' things are you expecting to see every time a top level fighter performs exactly?

You rarely if ever discove anything 'new' about any established seasoned boxer when they step in the ring, you already know their strengths and weaknesses, what we want to see is how far their strengths can carry them and will they get punished for their weaknesses against the top guys.

In the case of Froch, yes is he sloppy, he holds his chin out in contemptous fashion and leaves his hands low, but he also has big power, vicious uppercuts, a solid chin, great stamina and total self belief to win under any odds. Those have always been his characteristics and always will be, what we are seeing now is how far his abilities will take him and how much will his defensive frailties going to haunt him in the future. If you're expecting him to turn into a fleet footed Ivan Calderon elusive type or a fast punching, high workrate, long armed Paul Williams type in the future it just ain't going to happen, fighters fight to their own style and you're not ever learning anything 'new' about any of them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post

I guess Froch should stop mentioning Calzaghe but that fight would be HUGE now. They would fill a stadium.

I hope Calzaghe comes back for it.

I too think an old Calzaghe will school FRoch. A YOUNG Calzaghe would have smashed him to bits.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information