Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather Sr: What an asshole!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather Sr: What an asshole!

Just rewatched the fight now for the 4th time on Youtube.

I have to say Mayweather Sr acted like a complete twat and really in an unprofessional manor. I even got the feeling he was embarassed to be Ricky's trainer when Hatton was nearly unconscious on the mat.

When Hatton goes down Lee Beard is the one who helps him up, when Hatton leaves the ring Lee Beard is the one who helps him out. When Hatton walks back the dressing room, Lee Beard is the one that is next to him giving him support. At the post-fight press conference Lee Beard is speaking on behalf of Hatton. Mayweather Sr never even bothered turning up to the post fight press conference. Credit to Lee, big credit.

Mayweather Sr was just nowhere to be seen. I dont know whether he was embarassed himself after all the shitt he came out with before hand about Roach and Pac and his stupid poems. But not even consulting Ricky after the fight and being plain rude walking away is just disgraceful IMO. Hatton has just been brutally knocked out in front of his family and thousands of fans and Mayweather doesn't even give him the time of day. What an absoloute cock sucker. Mayweather Sr. can go fukk himself for all I'm concerned. And then he comes out first thing saying how Hatton should retire after getting beat by someobody a step down to Floyd Jr, nothing positive whatsoever. Really pissed me off his actions last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Sr: What an asshole!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

I have to say Mayweather Sr acted like a complete twat and really in an unprofessional manor. I even got the feeling he was embarassed to be Ricky's trainer when Hatton was nearly unconscious on the mat.

When Hatton goes down Lee Beard is the one who helps him up, when Hatton leaves the ring Lee Beard is the one who helps him out. When Hatton walks back the dressing room, Lee Beard is the one that is next to him giving him support. At the post-fight press conference Lee Beard is speaking on behalf of Hatton. Credit to Lee, big credit.

Mayweather Sr was just nowhere to be seen. I dont know whether he was embarassed himself after all the shitt he came out with before hand about Roach and Pac and his stupid poems. But not even consulting Ricky after the fight and being plain rude walking away is just disgraceful IMO. Hatton has just been brutally knocked out in front of his family and thousands of fans and Mayweather doesn't even give him the time of day. What an absoloute cock sucker. Mayweather Sr. can go fukk himself for all I'm concerned. And then he comes out first thing saying how Hatton should retire after getting beat by someobody a step down to Floyd Jr, nothing positive whatsoever. Really pissed me off his actions last night.
    Keep in mind that he suggested that Ricky "aww shit, i just got hit man" Hatton should retire from boxing. That should show you how he feels about the situation.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the British telecast I watched they reported that Ricky had basically said he was firing Mayweather after the fight. Doesn't excuse him from being an ass but makes it understandable.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hold on a second.

If you were a coach and you were constantly telling your student to keep your hands up and defence defence defence...

And they completely ignored you and fought like a twat - how would you feel?

I'd be mightily pissed off.

Is Ricky going to pass the blame again this time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Hatton goes down Lee Beard is the one who helps him up, when Hatton leaves the ring Lee Beard is the one who helps him out. When Hatton walks back the dressing room, Lee Beard is the one that is next to him giving him support. At the post-fight press conference Lee Beard is speaking on behalf of Hatton. Mayweather Sr never even bothered turning up to the post fight press conference. Credit to Lee, big credit.

leftylee, I didn't know that floyd sr. acted that way and said what he said after the fight. is there any place to see this on youtube?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rela View Post
    Hold on a second.

If you were a coach and you were constantly telling your student to keep your hands up and defence defence defence...

Dude, there is being pissed off, and then there was his performance. This is the highest level of professional boxing. You put your personal shit aside until it is over. Not act like a total prick to your own fighter before, during, and after. That won't soon be forgotten by many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

two floyd sr. interview after the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5KaDn7GqA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd is a total @ss and never really had any chemistry with Hatton he just wanted to get his 15 minutes and he talked himself into it. Hatton chose to hire him so I dont feel bad for him about that. I do think that Oscar is the only fighter that Floyd really did care for. Maybe even more than his son and definately more than Ricky. Showing up late for the fight, not being there for Ricky after the fight, reguardless of his performance is unacceptable. He was supposed to be his fighter. Part of Team Hatton. I think Floyd is only out for himself though.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rela View Post
    Hold on a second.

Dude, there is being pissed off, and then there was his performance. This is the highest level of professional boxing. You put your personal shit aside until it is over. Not act like a total prick to your own fighter before, during, and after. That won't soon be forgotten by many.
    yeah, point taken. But jeez. What a mess.

Billy Graham must be thinking ffs Ricky.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wat an @sshole.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a dick. I hope Marquez knocks Floyd Jr out the way Pac did to Ricky so he'll experience the feeling the Hattons went through last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sweet science View Post

leftylee, I didn't know that floyd sr. acted that way and said what he said after the fight. is there any place to see this on youtube?
    Well here's what he said afterwards:

Floyd Mayweather Sr: "Ricky Hatton Needs To Retire" - Boxing News

And if you watch the fight again on youtube you cannot see Floyd Sr. after Hatton gets beat nor at the post fight press conference. It's all Lee Beard (Hatton's co-trainer).

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can all see where PBF's lack of class actually comes from.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't blame Mayweather for being embarassed. Who wouldn't be embarassed when your fighter is not even competitive in one of the years biggest fights?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Can't blame Mayweather for being embarassed. Who wouldn't be embarassed when your fighter is not even competitive in one of the years biggest fights?
    Oh I don't blame him for being embarassed. That was as one-sided a beatdown as you'll ever see. But the man was seriously hurt and laying unconscious on the canvas. A little (even hypocritical) concern wouldn't have taken much effort on Mayweather's part.

Thread Information