Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You Got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miranda vs Ward pres conference stardown

ANDRE WARD:
    “(Edison Miranda) is an opponent that is trying to intimidate me. I’ve done my part and prepared for this fight, specifically for Miranda. I’ve been training since I was 9-years-old … I have been preparing for nights like Saturday.”
    “What you see with me is what you get. I’m not going to pick up chairs and throw them out of anger. I’m a God-fearing man. The message I want to pass on to kids is that you don’t have to live like that in order to be successful.”
    “Don’t get my intensity wrong, I won’t be intimidated by this man. I have seen a lot of blood sweat and tears to get to this point. Professionally, this is the biggest stage in my career and I won’t shy away from it. This is the biggest fight for me to date and it has the pressure that is needed for me.”
    “He tried to stare me down right now and anyone who knows boxing knows that that was the first round.”
    “When I get that first heavy shot, know that I am prepared. I am ready to hit and not get hit, but when you get hit, you snarl and come back. Miranda’s knockouts in his career were against small guys, everyone can make the boogie man of Miranda, but I am not going to be intimated or bullied. I don’t fear any man.”
    “Edison Miranda has a lot of knockout work against smaller guys. Any man can lose, no one is invincible but in his loses he has shown vulnerability in his chin. If you have seen one of Miranda’s fights you‘ve seen them all – I don’t think he will have any tricks up his sleeve.”
    “The night before and the day before the fight I spend a lot of time to myself, read my bible, focusing on what I need to do. I don’t think it will go 12. A victory here would make the mandatory against Carl Froch in nine months.”

EDISON MIRANDA:
    “At the Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao fight they did too much talking before the fight but when you get into the ring you see what happened. I’m done talking with the press now I just want to fight.”
    “The reason I came to Oakland is because boxing is dying. Boxing has only had two nights. One good one and one bad one. Worse was when Tyson was knocked out by Buster Douglas and good when Muhammad Ali was born.”
    “You need a boxer with a big heart–a warrior to bring back boxing where it belongs. Come Saturday night God will give me the victory. I have a pact with God and he told me that I would win the fight on Saturday. Be aware of this fight, because it will likely end in a quick moment. So don’t be surprised.”
    “This is not a game or a joke, God told me that I was going to win. I said it before in the past that I am going to knock him out but now I am tired of talking and now it’s time to act. I just want to get in the ring and do my God-given destiny and that’s to win on Saturday.”
    “I have fought 33 fights and have lost to only two (Arthur Abraham twice and Kelly Pavlik once). They were top middleweights in the world. The public only looks at my losses and not my victories.”
    “I only fight for the money I know that I will never get the respect that I deserve to be recognized as the greatest.”
    “Everyone says I have a lot of errors and defects when they watch me but those that know the game inside the ring, know that I don’t make errors. Boxing fans know that I am going to knock him out.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You Got?

Miranda may be at risk at oversimplifying our sport with his two nights of boxing opinion.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I read about this fight from these boards and the headlines the more I am looking forward to watching this. I think Miranda is shot now but who knows at 168. Ward is no pressure fighter whatsoever and Miranda usually eats that up. This should be a good matchup.

El Kabong Guest

I have had my doubts about Ward in the past but I think he has taken care of what he needed to and he's a well polished fighter who is going to come out and flash some power, because this is his shot at the big time, winning this will be a big feather in his cap and will send him directly to HBO to cash in on big time fights...perhaps even a future fight vs Carl Froch or Kelly Pavlik at 168 or maybe even the missing Arthur Abraham or Mikkel Kessler, of course those fights will be in the next 2-3 years for him, but this is a very nice way to get the ball rolling as it were.

This is a GIGANTIC step up in class for Ward as well, but I think they timed it just right and chose the right guy. Miranda will try and foul his way out of the fight if things aren't going his way and he punches hard as well, so there is big danger but Ward should see the punches coming, expect rough housing, and should be able to find easy openings for his punches. Better put your young guy in with a more limited boxer that has big power than to put him in vs an extremely well rounded fighter.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-15-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if hes got a pact with the almighty himself, who am I to argue? Miranda via KO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two nights in boxing? Miranda is an exciting fighter but fuck him...yeah thats right fuck him...two nights in boxing? Those comments dont help us. Boxing has had so much more, we have all sat in our chairs watched these. We all have seen soooooo many fights that have drawn the crowd back to boxing, we can call boxing a dying sport all we want but the fact of the matter is that we still fill stadiums, they still make millions of pay per view, the celebrities still crowd into arenas to watch fights...boxing isnt dying, the fans arent going anywhere therefore BOXING IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING!!! So fuck you Miranda!!!

Ward by UD!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

El Kabong Guest

UD?!?!...Miranda has never lost a UD, I don't think he has the patience for it quite honestly, he'll get himself DQ'd or KO'd before he loses a decision.

Andre Ward can punch a bit, his handspeed is pretty good and he's pretty accurate with his shots.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say that the match will be remembered for a couple of exciting moments but overall, though Miranda did fight stronger opposition, I go with Ward for the win, probably a UD with one or 2 knock down down the road.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got ward 9rdko winning only way i see miranda win if he makes it like the allen green fight

i think miranda gonna come in sloopy also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Two nights in boxing? Miranda is an exciting fighter but fuck him...yeah thats right fuck him...two nights in boxing? Those comments dont help us. Boxing has had so much more, we have all sat in our chairs watched these. We all have seen soooooo many fights that have drawn the crowd back to boxing, we can call boxing a dying sport all we want but the fact of the matter is that we still fill stadiums, they still make millions of pay per view, the celebrities still crowd into arenas to watch fights...boxing isnt dying, the fans arent going anywhere therefore BOXING IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING!!! So fuck you Miranda!!!

Ward by UD!

Great post; Miranda is an ego-maniac and somehow believes his presence in the sport is an act of divine intervention and that he's the messiah of this era of the "sweet science" Sorry Edison, you're hardly the face to "save" boxing, and it doesn't need saving anyways, it will always be here.

I got Miranda winning tonight by mid round stoppage, but I hope I'm wrong and Ward pulls a Faust and deals this delusional savior some armageddon.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this SHOULD be a free win for andre ward

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first I thought Miranda. But it's pretty much now or never for Ward. Plus he's in front of his people in Oakland. If he don't get caught he should take a points win

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

biitch ass quitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Epic fight
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone needs to wake Miranda up before the opening bell

Thread Information