Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You Got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You Got?

The fight is Saturday, May 16, at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. Home advantage is with Ward the Olympic Gold medallist in Athens. Fight is at Super Middleweight and possibly the winner will get a shot at WBC Champion Carl Froch.

I watched a couple of fights of Ward a little while back and while he was decent, I wasn't overly impressed - infairness the one, fight he was just coming back from an injury.

I really feel that Miranda is going to have a field day with him.

Also, I think people are overly harsh on Miranda due to the 2 defeats - one against Pavlik - where he was well known to be weight drained and he looked lethargic in the fight to me. The 2nd against Abraham was a fair enough bonafide Ko loss - the man got countered by a huge hayemaker and just couldn't recover to get back into the fight. Abraham is a lazy fighter and does the rounds with lesser fighters who aren't a threat but after a fairly even fight he unleashed that bomb and Miranda unwittingly walked onto it - that same shot would have Ko'd any Middleweight.(SM)

Ok, I know Miranda lost the 1st Abraham fight but he got stiffed in Germany which does happen.

Edison for me has improved his technical and defensive skills from the man that fought Howard Eastman and Abraham 1 and even since the Pavlik fight. He has a less wreckless approach though granted that can go out of the window if the opponent is alot weaker (Vegas)

Edison has had long enough to prepare for the Ward fight so if he loses then there are no excuses.

Edison by KO - maybe later on in the fight. Ward seems like he has a shaky chin and you can't have one of those against Miranda especially of you haven't the power to hurt him.

Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You got?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward - Who You Got?

I am not sure who will win, but I would like Ward to, it would legitimize him, and if he loses they both drift out of the picture IMO, there is too much talent around this weightclass for Ward if he loses or Miranda regardless to make their way back to the top.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im going for Ward based on the fact Miranda has looked like his chin may be shakey , it could have been down to making MW.

A close fight to call , Ward TKO 6
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ward will pull this one off. At least I hope so because Miranda really thinks everyone he doesn't a fight with is ducking him. He has a great win against Allan Green but I think is has plateaued as a B level fighter. Ward is about around a B level fighter but he has yet to peak. This fight will be interesting and I think Ward could comfortably outbox Miranda but Miranda will have none of this. Ward would probably have to KO him later in the fight due to the consistent pressure Miranda will be forcing. Should fun to watch but not fun for either fighter. Ward will not like the extreme pressure and Miranda will not like the ring savvy of Ward to thwart his forcefulness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how good Andre Wards chin is but it will need to be made of iron like Arthur Abrahams if he is to stay upright i think Miranda by Ko between rounds 6-8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really hoping Ward takes a couple good shots on the chin on his way to either a late round TKO or a UD over Miranda. It will prove he does have a good chin and it will put him a step closer to fighting for a title. I have been kinda following Ward since the Olympics I'm really hoping he shines in this fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and the wife will be up in the bay for this one as usual, but i have no idea what to expect. Ward hasn't really fought anyone so who knows how good he is. He could get Ko'ed in the first 90 seconds and i wouldn't be surprised or he could outbox miranda like everyone else does and win. Miranda can hit but that's about it, the rest of his skills are good enough to get past the friday night fight fighters but against the top guys he'll get beat everytime. Ward isn't a top fighter shit i don't know where ward stands but i guess we'll find out. To answer the question though i'll go with what i have seen from both at this point and say ward will get his shots in and make the crowd happy for a bit but probably get ko'ed before six. Sorry ward i'm from the bay and all but i don't see how the guy has gotten any better fighting the guys he's fought, plus his chin aint all that great.
    Last edited by Mar; 05-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you guys are being overly skeptical of Ward. He is good. Very good. His only drawback is inactivity. The fight I really want to see is him against Andre Dirrell. THAT'S a hard to predict fight. This one is easy. Ward will KO Miranda in 4. Complete and utter domination.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I predict Ward by late KO or Edison by early KO. Ward don't have devastating one punch power, but he hits hard and precise. Edison will need to take him out early because he will be losing rounds on points and Ward will be gaining confidence. This is a big step up for Ward and if Edison can ring his bell early, self doubt could creap in and make him tenative.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My heart says Miranda; my wallet says Ward.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward TKO in 8. Hope Miranda wins though. The guy is pure entertainment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miranda is going to knock him out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The most probably Ward by decision but I wouldn’t be surprised if he would stop Miranda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Miranda-Ward this saturday

Cant help but think edison is gonna own andre saturday night.

Looked average when he fought at bethnal green a month or two back but he had ballooned up to 175 and was in with a spoiler.

Been saying for years now edison at 168 makes soooo much sense and i genuinely see the potential for him to own a world title or 2 in the future
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miranda-Ward this saturday

It only took Ward the gold medalist five and half years to fight a top ranked contender. At this rate he would be champion in 2015.
    Last edited by The Fightfan; 05-13-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Thread Information