Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PBF getting $15 million for JMM fight??

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default PBF getting $15 million for JMM fight??

link --> PBF getting $15 million for JMM fight??

Rumor has it that returning pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. is getting a whopping $15 million when he steps into the ring to face WBA & WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18. After seventeen months in retirement, that's not too shabby for a fighter making his return during these tough economic times. In fact, that's $3 million more than the guaranteed $12 million that Manny Pacquiao received for the six minutes he tussled with Hatton on May 2.

In 2007, Floyd Mayweather Jr. earned over $50 million in purses after participating in the two biggest pay-per-view boxing fights of the year. While most of that money was earned in his record-setting clash with Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather's last bout in particular, on December 8, 2007 against Ricky Hatton, also reportedly earned him upwards of $20 million in a matchup between two undefeated fighters. Now he makes his return to the ring against Marquez (50-4-1, 37KOs), who fought Pacquiao to a draw in their first fight and lost a razor-thin controversial split decision to him in the rematch. In both of those bouts, Pacquiao dropped Marquez a total of four times. Marquez's last fight took place at 135 lbs. On July 18, he'll meet the naturally bigger Mayweather at a catchweight of 144 lbs.

Mayweather's father, world-class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr., believes that Marquez will be an easy night of work for his son. "Marquez ain't nothing but a tune-up; somebody to pick apart like target practice," he revealed in a recent interview with FightHype. Mayweather Jr. would echo those sentiments. "They are both too small for me. I'll beat both of them," he could be heard shouting during another interview with FightHype. It must be nice to make millions for an easy night of work. Aw yes...it's good to be the king.

And how much they give to JMM, $1 million??

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: PBF getting $15 million for JMM fight??

If this is true, does PBF deserves this kind of money for fighting JMM??

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    If this is true, does PBF deserves this kind of money for fighting JMM??
    I would love Mayweather to get TKoed against JMM but my mind says, Yes, Mayweather does not deserve the money he's getting.

If JMM wins against Mayweather, he will be P4P king for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so Mayweather gets easy fight...so most people think...
    easy way back to stardom
    easy way back to p4p kingship
    and easy money? WTF?!
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spanish newspaper has Marquez making 5 million. Which sounds about right. I'm still looking for another confirmation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He draws the money, why shouldn't he be making it? He made what 8 million against Baldomir? This fight is going to be way bigger than that. Marquez will be making a shit load as well don't you worry.

Besides since when is fighting the p4p #2 considered taking an easy fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    He draws the money, why shouldn't he be making it? He made what 8 million against Baldomir? This fight is going to be way bigger than that. Marquez will be making a shit load as well don't you worry.

The fight is much harder for Marquez than it is for Mayweather.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Spanish newspaper has Marquez making 5 million. Which sounds about right. I'm still looking for another confirmation
    Granting these amounts were true then it's a 75/25 purse split... PBF making a killing here...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    link --> PBF getting $15 million for JMM fight??

Rumor has it that returning pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. is getting a whopping $15 million when he steps into the ring to face WBA & WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez on July 18. After seventeen months in retirement, that's not too shabby for a fighter making his return during these tough economic times. In fact, that's $3 million more than the guaranteed $12 million that Manny Pacquiao received for the six minutes he tussled with Hatton on May 2.

In 2007, Floyd Mayweather Jr. earned over $50 million in purses after participating in the two biggest pay-per-view boxing fights of the year. While most of that money was earned in his record-setting clash with Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather's last bout in particular, on December 8, 2007 against Ricky Hatton, also reportedly earned him upwards of $20 million in a matchup between two undefeated fighters. Now he makes his return to the ring against Marquez (50-4-1, 37KOs), who fought Pacquiao to a draw in their first fight and lost a razor-thin controversial split decision to him in the rematch. In both of those bouts, Pacquiao dropped Marquez a total of four times. Marquez's last fight took place at 135 lbs. On July 18, he'll meet the naturally bigger Mayweather at a catchweight of 144 lbs.

Mayweather's father, world-class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr., believes that Marquez will be an easy night of work for his son. "Marquez ain't nothing but a tune-up; somebody to pick apart like target practice," he revealed in a recent interview with FightHype. Mayweather Jr. would echo those sentiments. "They are both too small for me. I'll beat both of them," he could be heard shouting during another interview with FightHype. It must be nice to make millions for an easy night of work. Aw yes...it's good to be the king.

And how much they give to JMM, $1 million??
    There must be a retard gene that runs through the Mayweather family.

Floyd getting all excited about the prospect of fighting smaller men...as usual. What a wanker!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post

Anything is possible but I'll believe it when I see something other than a rumor from a credible source. (Probably started by Mayweather's people. If true, I'll bet it's not guaranteed, and probably contingent on PPV buys which is expected to sell in the 300K range ~$15 million in Total Sales. The numbers don't add up. This will be a yawner anyway and I certainly won't buy it. Not only that instead Mayweather's people of hyping up the fight, it's being called a tuneup. Not all that smart!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd needs it. He throws more 100 dollar bills at the camera then any other fighter I know of. That shit adds up.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post

Anything is possible but I'll believe it when I see something other than a rumor from a credible source. (Probably started by Mayweather's people. If true, I'll bet it's not guaranteed, and probably contingent on PPV buys which is expected to sell in the 300K range ~$15 million in Total Sales. The numbers don't add up. This will be a yawner anyway and I certainly won't buy it. Not only that instead Mayweather's people of hyping up the fight, it's being called a tuneup. Not all that smart!

Ha ha Hyping the fight as a tuneup... Good call...

Mayweather's father, world-class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr., believes that Marquez will be an easy night of work for his son. "Marquez ain't nothing but a tune-up; somebody to pick apart like target practice,"

Me too considered this fight a tuneup for several reasons; 1) PBF 1st fight after a long layoff/retirement 2) PBF is heavy favorite (4 to 1) and expected to win this fight 3) The bigger, taller, younger PBF has all the advantages against the smaller JMM ...

But I'm uneasy having the same opinion with Fraud Sr. in thinking this fight as a tuneup...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddoboxer,
    So if you keep saying that JMM is pretty much a stepping stone, no threat at all, and so on, then, does this mean that a so called "tune-up fighter" gave Pac two questionable decisions?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Saddoboxer,
    So if you keep saying that JMM is pretty much a stepping stone, no threat at all, and so on, then, does this mean that a so called "tune-up fighter" gave Pac two questionable decisions?
    Yes, Saddoboxer can't think too much of Manny Pac if he regards JMM as a tune up for Floyd.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Saddoboxer,
    I considered it a tune-up because of the factors I've mentioned earlier and the styles match-up... They have basically the same style and PBF is just the better, bigger and stronger version of JMM... A bigger excellent boxer, most of the time beats the smaller excellent boxer...

Thread Information